6/30/14

The teams for HBO's 24/7 CFB show have been announced

Florida
Penn St
ASU
Washington St

9/18/19 3:45 PM
6/30/14

"The series will follow Florida, Penn State, Arizona State and Washington State in their own hour-long episodes that chronicle one week leading up to a game."

"Each episode will air on Wednesday at 10 p.m. ET, four days after the games take place, beginning with the Florida Gators on Oct. 2.

Here is the full schedule of games covered in the upcoming series:

Sept. 28: Florida vs. Towson (Episode Oct. 2)
Oct. 5: Penn State vs. Purdue (Episode Oct. 9)
Oct. 12: Arizona State vs. Washington State (Episode Oct. 16)
Oct. 19: Washington State vs. Colorado (Episode Oct. 23)"

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2854288-florida-penn-state-washington-state-arizona-state-featured-on-hbo-247-show

9/18/19 3:48 PM
7/15/11
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix - 

Yeah I hate that our Arkansas game is at Jerry's world. Our new AD is about to squash that imo. It makes no sense. I want another home game every other year.

why is a conference game being played at a neutral site?

It was originally done before we joined the SEC. We played them home and home for a couple of years (I think although all I remember playing is there) and then it went back. I assume the SEC agreed with the existing terms. I HATE IT! There's absolutely no benefit for A&M and a big one for Arkansas recruiting although they ain't won shit so blah... Sorry AC

9/18/19 3:49 PM
7/15/11
Fan of Fanboys - The teams for HBO's 24/7 CFB show have been announced

Florida
Penn St
ASU
Washington St

Oh wow I thought they had Bama. I bet Satan said, "Are you fucking joking? Gtfo!"

9/18/19 3:49 PM
11/9/05
Fan of Fanboys -
itskrisdude - 
Fan of Fanboys - ^ all the neutral games are not close to home, and just because it is neutral does not mean it is weak ass sht

every bowl game, conference title, national title, etc is played at a neutral site

and a neutral site vs USCw is more challenging than playing at Northwestern

home and home for sake of it does not strengthen any argument. all road games are not created equal. I want to watch good match ups, regardless of the location.

If the only way UGA had to choose between neutral site vs Notre Dame or home and home with Virginia I would absolutely choose the neutral site game. It matters more and is a better game

lol my god, this is a more hardcore rationalization than any bitter ex-girlffriend could ever muster.

Championship games are played on a neutral site because that's their nature. It's pre-determined destination that has to be earned by both teams. Of course it will be a neutral site.

Your other argument is ridiculous. If you pick any team in the country and ask if your preference is play them at a neutral site, or at their stadium, the answer will always be a neutral site.

Your other off-base assumption is that it's a comparative situation every year. It's not.

There was nothing impressive about playing a 2-10 Lousiville last year at a neutral site.

There was nothing impressive about playing Duke this year in Atlanta, a neutral site.

If they were playing top tier teams every season in place of scheduling home-and-homes against solid teams, you may have a pint, but that's clearly not the case.

You can try to cut any which way you want, but not having a real OOC road games in 8 years is weak by every definition of the word.

"There was nothing impressive about playing a 2-10 Louisville last year at a neutral site."

they knew Louisville would be trash?

Playing at Duke would be more challenging? Have you ever been to Duke's stadium?

"If they were playing top tier teams every season in place of scheduling home-and-homes against solid teams, you may have a pint"

most of those games are vs big name teams that should be top 25 caliber, just never know what happens years out

I also feel like you are not reading anything, you are just arguing the same point regardless of what I say. So you are right

Not knowing just adds more weight to how weak neutral site games are compared to being on the road. You don't know in either situation, but again, in one scenerio you're at last faced with the challenge of hositile territory. Road games are perceived as difficult for a reason.

Granted we're talking about Duke, but of course playing them on the road would be more challenging than a stadium more than half packed with your own fans. Did you get hit in the head this morning or something?

And yes, I'm responding specifically to your points because I'm not reading them.

9/18/19 3:50 PM
6/30/14
Matrix - 
Fan of Fanboys - The teams for HBO's 24/7 CFB show have been announced

Florida
Penn St
ASU
Washington St

Oh wow I thought they had Bama. I bet Satan said, "Are you fucking joking? Gtfo!"

no way Saban wants someone having that kind of access

he gave permission for someone from The Athletic to follow him and record. I watched thinking would see something interesting. Nope, boring as shit and learned nothing
9/18/19 3:54 PM
2/22/11

An ode to mike leach 

9/18/19 4:05 PM
6/30/14
HernanCortes - 

An ode to mike leach 

that popsicle eating was something else
9/18/19 4:08 PM
1/30/03
Matrix -
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix - 

Yeah I hate that our Arkansas game is at Jerry's world. Our new AD is about to squash that imo. It makes no sense. I want another home game every other year.

It was originally done before we joined the SEC. We played them home and home for a couple of years (I think although all I remember playing is there) and then it went back. I assume the SEC agreed with the existing terms. I HATE IT! There's absolutely no benefit for A&M and a big one for Arkansas recruiting although they ain't won shit so blah... Sorry AC

It's up in 2024. Hopefully they go home and home after that. It fucks up recruiting visits.

9/18/19 4:22 PM
7/15/11
Animal Chin -
Matrix -
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix - 

It's up in 2024. Hopefully they go home and home after that. It fucks up recruiting visits.

They need to find a way out of that thing like next year.

9/18/19 4:47 PM
1/30/03
Matrix -
Animal Chin -
Matrix -
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix - 

They need to find a way out of that thing like next year.

That would be great.

9/18/19 9:29 PM
7/8/14

Can somebody give me some info on why Tulane is so favored over Houston? I recognize Houston isn't their best this year but I clearly don't know much about Tulane. I already dropped some money on Houston so interested now to see where I could have went wrong.

9/18/19 10:30 PM
2/25/08

Iowa State fan donating all the proceeds to The University of Iowa Childrens Hospital. Had a GameDay sign that said "Busch Light supply needs replenished." And then includes his Venmo.

After he got to $600 he said he was going to keep $16 for a case and donate the rest. Since then, Busch Light and Venmo said they would match his donation till the end of the month. It is approaching $200k right now and will be on Sports Center's show One Good Thing with SVP tonight. So it will only increase in size.

9/19/19 6:36 AM
7/15/11
cbia -

Iowa State fan donating all the proceeds to The University of Iowa Childrens Hospital. Had a GameDay sign that said "Busch Light supply needs replenished." And then includes his Venmo.

After he got to $600 he said he was going to keep $16 for a case and donate the rest. Since then, Busch Light and Venmo said they would match his donation till the end of the month. It is approaching $200k right now and will be on Sports Center's show One Good Thing with SVP tonight. So it will only increase in size.

Saw this story yesterday afternoon on CFB Live and I think it was only up to $1600. How the hell did it skyrocket like that?! Don't get me wrong that's AMAZING! Maybe I saw it wrong.. 

9/19/19 6:37 AM
7/15/11

9/19/19 6:40 AM
7/15/11

^ for Cbia.

Man that thing took off!

A Twitter comment that I thought was pretty interesting..

"could be a great part of the rivalry week - which fanbase can raise the most money for the children's hospital. two incredibly passionate fanbases squaring off for the same great cause."

I'm obviously a little biased on this one but that sure seems like a great idea.

9/19/19 7:53 AM
4/21/09

Weird. Hope kid works out whatever he has going on.

9/19/19 9:10 AM
6/30/14

who I am rooting for this week's slate of games:

Utah over USCw
Michigan over Wisconsin
Tennessee over Florida
A&M over Auburn
Missouri over USCe
Washington over BYU
UGA over Notre Dame

9/19/19 9:14 AM
7/30/10
Matrix -
Wolfs Law -
Matrix -

Ok Wolf I’ll take that bet.

Georgia wins by 14 = I win $50

ND wins the game = You cash in $100

Cool.

Bet. I’m tempted to throw out a bet on yalls game but the line has jumped like 5 points in two days lol

The line on the ND games keeps moving your way, oops.

I think i forgot that Brian Kelly has been terrible, actually pathetic in big games.

9/19/19 9:25 AM
3/29/13
Wolfs Law -
Matrix -
Wolfs Law -
Matrix -

Ok Wolf I'll take that bet.

Cool.

Bet. I'm tempted to throw out a bet on yalls game but the line has jumped like 5 points in two days lol

I think i forgot that Brian Kelly has been terrible, actually pathetic in big games.

Here come the excuses lol

9/19/19 9:37 AM
7/15/11
Fan of Fanboys - who I am rooting for this week's slate of games:

Utah over USCw
Michigan over Wisconsin
Tennessee over Florida
A&M over Auburn
Missouri over USCe
Washington over BYU
UGA over Notre Dame

But who are you picking?

9/19/19 9:37 AM
7/15/11
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -
Wolfs Law -
Matrix -
Wolfs Law -
Matrix -

Cool.

Bet. I'm tempted to throw out a bet on yalls game but the line has jumped like 5 points in two days lol

Haha

9/19/19 10:00 AM
7/30/10
Wolfs Law -
Matrix -
Wolfs Law -
Matrix -

Cool.

Ok, where's the excuse? I just don't feel as good about my bet. If i lose I'll pay up.

Also. if i win the excuses come from the other way.

Ex. Texas in Sugar Bowl

9/19/19 10:14 AM
6/30/14
Wolfs Law -
Wolfs Law -
Matrix -
Wolfs Law -
Matrix -

Cool.

Ok, where's the excuse? I just don't feel as good about my bet. If i lose I'll pay up.

Also. if i win the excuses come from the other way.

Ex. Texas in Sugar Bowl

Are all Texas fans whiney bitches or are you the exception?

9/19/19 10:20 AM
9/22/16

I think we can all agree, whomever wins the UGA/ND, that someone is going to get dramatically overrated until they lose in the first round of the playoff.