OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

9/19/19 10:30 AM
6/30/14
AnthonyWeiner - I think we can all agree, whomever wins the UGA/ND, that someone is going to get dramatically overrated until they lose in the first round of the playoff.

UGA has never lost in the first round of the playoffs. Notre Dame has 

9/19/19 10:33 AM
6/30/14
Matrix - 
Fan of Fanboys - who I am rooting for this week's slate of games:

Utah over USCw
Michigan over Wisconsin
Tennessee over Florida
A&M over Auburn
Missouri over USCe
Washington over BYU
UGA over Notre Dame

But who are you picking?

USCw
Wisconsin
Florida
A&M
Missouri
Washington
UGA

couple of those I don't feel very good about. The USCw and USCe games are two
9/19/19 10:33 AM
9/22/16
Fan of Fanboys - 
AnthonyWeiner - I think we can all agree, whomever wins the UGA/ND, that someone is going to get dramatically overrated until they lose in the first round of the playoff.

Oh, that's right. UGA will be dramatically overrated until they lose the SEC title game, then complain about being left out of the playoff.

My bad, homie.
9/19/19 10:36 AM
7/15/11
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix - 

Utah over USCw
Michigan over Wisconsin
Tennessee over Florida
A&M over Auburn
Missouri over USCe
Washington over BYU
UGA over Notre Dame

But who are you picking?

USCw
Wisconsin
Florida
A&M
Missouri
Washington
UGA

Yeah the USCw game is the only one I'd differ. Think the Utes are the PAC's only hope.

9/19/19 10:41 AM
6/30/14

Since this an UGA-centric thread here are some UGA stats and notes, all stolen from somewhere else:

"Only nine FBS quarterbacks averaged more than nine yards an attempt last year. Two of those (Oklahoma's Kyler Murray and Ohio State's Dwayne Haskins) were first-round NFL draft picks. Another (Alabama's Tua Tagovailoa) was a Heisman Trophy finalist. Fromm was in that group too"

UGA has not allowed three passing touchdowns in a single game since the national championship vs Alabama.

UGA has not allowed 300 passing yards in a game since week 4 of the 2016 season.

"Georgia has had a positive turnover margin in each of the past five seasons and has committed one or fewer turnovers in 25 of its last 30 games--winning 23 of those contests."

Since Fromm became the starting QB UGA is 27-0 when rushing for at least 155 yards.

9/19/19 10:41 AM
6/30/14
AnthonyWeiner - 
Fan of Fanboys - 

Oh, that's right. UGA will be dramatically overrated until they lose the SEC title game, then complain about being left out of the playoff.

My bad, homie.

UGA won the SECCG two years ago.
9/19/19 10:44 AM
6/30/14
Matrix - 
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix - 

Utah over USCw
Michigan over Wisconsin
Tennessee over Florida
A&M over Auburn
Missouri over USCe
Washington over BYU
UGA over Notre Dame

But who are you picking?

USCw
Wisconsin
Florida
A&M
Missouri
Washington
UGA

Yeah the USCw game is the only one I'd differ. Think the Utes are the PAC's only hope.

just baffle me all the talent USCw has and they can't seem to get it together

Looking at it objectively they should be on an Alabama type run forever. There should never be a time they are not a top 3 team.

If/when Urban goes there, and his "health" holds up, I can see them being pretty incredible. Better run then Pete C had there
9/19/19 10:52 AM
7/15/11
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix - 
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix - 

Utah over USCw
Michigan over Wisconsin
Tennessee over Florida
A&M over Auburn
Missouri over USCe
Washington over BYU
UGA over Notre Dame

But who are you picking?

USCw
Wisconsin
Florida
A&M
Missouri
Washington
UGA

just baffle me all the talent USCw has and they can't seem to get it together

Looking at it objectively they should be on an Alabama type run forever. There should never be a time they are not a top 3 team.

If/when Urban goes there, and his "health" holds up, I can see them being pretty incredible. Better run then Pete C had there

Yeah Urban is what I've expected the whole time but his "health" always seems to be an issue. He could wreck shop over there for YEARS..

9/19/19 10:54 AM
11/9/05

Meyer will have a great 2-3 seasons in LA before quitting again.

Edited: 9/19/19 10:59 AM
11/9/05

And with the amount of nonsense he allows to go down behind the scenes in his programs, watching the drama of Hollywood temptation could be endless entertainment.

9/19/19 11:04 AM
6/30/14
itskrisdude -

And with the amount of nonsense he allows to go down behind the scenes in his programs, watching the drama of Hollywood temptation could be endless entertainment.

Absolutely. It'll make a great 30 for 30 one day

9/19/19 11:05 AM
7/15/11
itskrisdude -

You know it frightens you..

9/19/19 11:09 AM
11/9/05
Matrix -
itskrisdude -

No. 

Would force everyone to step their game up.

9/19/19 11:10 AM
6/30/14
itskrisdude - 
Matrix -
itskrisdude -

No. 

the Big 10 got much better because of Urban. Improved recruiting, coaching, facilities, no more "gentleman's agreement" in recruiting, etc

9/19/19 11:17 AM
7/15/11
itskrisdude -
Matrix -
itskrisdude -

No. 

Maybe a little???

9/19/19 11:18 AM
7/15/11

Obviously I'm joking.

Sorta

9/19/19 11:26 AM
11/9/05

Not even a little.

An Urban infusion would be a much needed fire under the ass for the conference, and I like the idea of having an opportunity to beat that piece of shit almost every year.

If he comes in and dominates, so be it. You're not a title contender anyway if you can't handle that kind of competition.

9/19/19 11:29 AM
9/22/16

You know his routine, and USC is a school definitely willing to pay the price. He comes in, the recruits and transfers follow, you're a BCS contender by the 2nd year. Around the end of year 3 or year 4 you start reading about the program violations, Urban starts having migraines or menstrual cramps, and he vanishes.

USC is totally okay with that.

9/19/19 11:31 AM
6/30/14
AnthonyWeiner - You know his routine, and USC is a school definitely willing to pay the price. He comes in, the recruits and transfers follow, you're a BCS contender by the 2nd year. Around the end of year 3 or year 4 you start reading about the program violations, Urban starts having migraines or menstrual cramps, and he vanishes.

Urban is so good that they'll be winning the BCS!
9/19/19 11:31 AM
6/30/14
itskrisdude - 

Not even a little.

An Urban infusion would be a much needed fire under the ass for the conference, and I like the idea of having an opportunity to beat that piece of shit almost every year.

If he comes in and dominates, so be it. You're not a title contender anyway if you can't handle that kind of competition.

he might even get Larry Scott fired!
9/19/19 11:32 AM
9/22/16
Fan of Fanboys - 
AnthonyWeiner - You know his routine, and USC is a school definitely willing to pay the price. He comes in, the recruits and transfers follow, you're a BCS contender by the 2nd year. Around the end of year 3 or year 4 you start reading about the program violations, Urban starts having migraines or menstrual cramps, and he vanishes.

I've got the flu. Cut me some slack. You know what I meant.
9/19/19 11:32 AM
7/15/11
AnthonyWeiner - You know his routine, and USC is a school definitely willing to pay the price. He comes in, the recruits and transfers follow, you're a BCS contender by the 2nd year. Around the end of year 3 or year 4 you start reading about the program violations, Urban starts having migraines or menstrual cramps, and he vanishes.

If it gets them a possible chip or two.. AB SO FUCKING LOOTLY!

9/19/19 11:33 AM
7/15/11
Fan of Fanboys -
itskrisdude - 

Not even a little.

B O O M

9/19/19 11:47 AM
11/9/05
Fan of Fanboys -
itskrisdude - 

Not even a little.

That's the dream.

9/19/19 11:49 AM
6/30/14
AnthonyWeiner - 
Fan of Fanboys - 

I've got the flu. Cut me some slack. You know what I meant.

ego te absolvo