OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

8/4/19 7:04 PM
6/30/14
TFK_Mas Tisu - 
Animal Chin - 

I do this every year.

Who's your freshman to watch?

Offense - Treylon Burks 6-3 220 WR  Morris got a very good class of WRs but I think he is easily the best of the group. 

Defense - Jalen Catalon 5-10 188 S Really didn't see this happening with all the offers he got. I feel like this kid is going to make an immediate impact.

Who ya got?

Offense: the receiver trio of Theo Wease, Trejan Bridges, and Jadon Haselwood (with Haselwood underlined)...what a nice problem for Coach Riley to have working these studs into game plans.

Defense: DBs Jamal Morris and Jeremiah Criddell could see significant time, and lord knows we need all the help we can get defensively. 

damnit, I had finally forgotten about Jadon. fuck you for bringing him up haha

8/4/19 7:17 PM
11/15/07

lol, he's in good hands

Edited: 8/4/19 8:01 PM
2/5/06

O: Mycah Pittman - WR. Should be an improvement over a WR corps that led the nation in dropped passes last season.

D: Kayvon Thibodeaux - DE. True FR that will likely see significant playing time and is expected to make an impact.

8/4/19 7:58 PM
9/5/11
Thingading -
Malvert the Janitor - 
Thingading -

I doubt I will ever get over that epic burn.

Used Wiki, actually. After backtracking so far from 2018, I seriously wondered if I would find even one other season this entire millennium.

There's no need to be "saddened and forlorn." But a touch of realism and objectivity is always a good thing.

Beating Clemson is realistic. 

We beat them the year before last and played them close as fuck last year. 

How the hell is that not realistic? 

You stated you'll be their toughest game this year, as if there is no question about it. That's not realistic. A&M and/or another team on their schedule could easily be a tougher contest. Congrats on a nice season last year, but that doesn't mean the success will be duplicated this year.

Aside from a small handful of schools, one good season doesn't necessarily mean the same for the next. CFB is waaaaaaaay too full of ups, downs and utter unpredictability for most programs.

Many people, outside of Clemson fans, will surely be rooting for your school and the others on Clemson's schedule. Simply to mix things up nationally and in the ACC. You get them at home this year, which helps. But not enough for a W. 

We’ll see. There’s a reason they play the actual games. 

8/4/19 8:04 PM
3/13/08
Animal Chin - 

I do this every year.

Offense - Treylon Burks 6-3 220 WR  Morris got a very good class of WRs but I think he is easily the best of the group. 

Defense - Jalen Catalon 5-10 188 S Really didn't see this happening with all the offers he got. I feel like this kid is going to make an immediate impact.

Who ya got?

Top True Freshmen

Offense: Grant Gunnell 6'6 220 QB U of Arizona... broke Most Passing Yards and Most Passing Touchdowns records in the great state of Texas...

Defense: Nolan Smith 6'3 230 4.55 40 DE Georgia... pure pass rusher will get some much needed pressure versus the Alabamas of college football...
8/4/19 8:20 PM
1/30/03
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin - 

I do this every year.

Who ya got?

Top True Freshmen

Offense: Grant Gunnell 6'6 220 QB U of Arizona... broke Most Passing Yards and Most Passing Touchdowns records in the great state of Texas...

Defense: Nolan Smith 6'3 230 4.55 40 DE Georgia... pure pass rusher will get some much needed pressure versus the Alabamas of college football...

God dammit, man....

8/4/19 8:27 PM
3/13/08
Animal Chin -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin - 

I do this every year.

Who ya got?

Top True Freshmen

God dammit, man....

Should be interesting Animal Chin...

8/4/19 8:31 PM
3/13/08
itskrisdude -
Animal Chin -

I do this every year.

Who ya got?

Jayden Daniels - QB, Arizona State. Huge get for that team who could start right away.

Antonio Alfano - DE, Alabama. Top prospect who should see a lot of snaps in a group that lost over half their personnel. 

Good ones

Not sure if Alfaro will start right away, but Alabama might play him in more than four games, taking away Alfano's Redshirt status

8/4/19 8:33 PM
1/30/03
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin - 

I do this every year.

Who ya got?

Top True Freshmen

God dammit, man....

You're a fan of Arizona and Georgia?

That is interesting.

8/4/19 8:35 PM
3/13/08
Malvert the Janitor -
Fan of Fanboys -
Malvert the Janitor -
Thingading -
Interested to see how Lawrence follows up last season's NC performance. Curious if any school, other than prob A&M, is supposed to give Clemson any sort of test during their regular season schedule.

I guess you missed the Syracuse/Clemson games the past two regular season. 

We will be their toughest test AGAIN this year. 

I was at the game last year. Lawrence was hurt and didn't play the second half

I love the Dino hire and what he is building there. There were a lot of new coaching hires in the ACC a couple of years ago and it seems like Syracuse ended up with the best hire

Indeed we did. Dino’s the man and we’re building back to the old days of Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeney, Donovan McNabb, etc. 

And wasn’t that the game we knocked Lawrence out of? Hard to say he was just hurt when the hurt came from the opposing team. 

T Law was still thinking of Passing after shaking off the first guy... he is fortunate the defender didn't lower his shoulder completely and lay into him his hardest...

8/4/19 8:37 PM
3/13/08
Animal Chin -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin - 

I do this every year.

Who ya got?

Top True Freshmen

God dammit, man....

That is interesting.

Not really a fan of either team, but both Gunnell and Smith should make a huge impact of both teams...

Would like to see Clemson and Alabama have real competition this year though:)

8/4/19 8:42 PM
11/9/05
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin - 

I do this every year.

Who ya got?

Top True Freshmen

God dammit, man....

That is interesting.

Not really a fan of either team, but both Gunnell and Smith should make a huge impact of both teams...

AC was asking about incoming freshmen on your favorite team, despite not stating as much in his post.

Get with it.

8/4/19 8:45 PM
3/13/08

Not sold on Spencer Rattler yet

He might be the next big QB @ Oklahoma, but not seeing it ...

8/4/19 8:46 PM
3/13/08
itskrisdude -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin - 

I do this every year.

Who ya got?

Top True Freshmen

God dammit, man....

That is interesting.

AC was asking about incoming freshmen on your favorite team, despite not stating as much in his post.

Get with it.

Oh, okay

8/4/19 8:52 PM
1/30/03
itskrisdude -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin - 

I do this every year.

Who ya got?

Top True Freshmen

God dammit, man....

That is interesting.

Get with it.

Right.

And I guess everyone thinks I believe 2 nobodies from Arkansas will be the top freshmen in the country this year.

8/4/19 8:57 PM
7/15/11
SgtJustinTeplitz -

Just throwing this out there.. Grant really fell off in his evaluations from top coaches his senior year. Not saying he won’t be good but he fell far in the composite rankings. Hence the reason he ended up at Arizona with bumblin Sumlin. Ok sorry that was mean..

8/4/19 8:59 PM
11/9/05
Animal Chin -
itskrisdude -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin - 

I do this every year.

Who ya got?

Top True Freshmen

God dammit, man....

That is interesting.

Get with it.

Right.

And I guess everyone thinks I believe 2 nobodies from Arkansas will be the top freshmen in the country this year.

You asked, “who’s your freshmen to watch?” not who do you think will be the best freshmen in the country.

So yes, it would make sense someone’s “freshmen to watch” would freshmen on their own team, especially when that team could use some freshmen help.

For others, with deeper rosters or position groups, they may have their eye on immediate impact newcomers on other teams.

Edited: 8/4/19 9:24 PM
2/22/11
itskrisdude -
Animal Chin -
itskrisdude -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin - 

I do this every year.

Who ya got?

Top True Freshmen

God dammit, man....

That is interesting.

Get with it.

Right.

You asked, “who’s your freshmen to watch?” not who do you think will be the best freshmen in the country.

So yes, it would make sense someone’s “freshmen to watch” would freshmen on their own team, especially when that team could use some freshmen help.

For others, with deeper rosters or position groups, they may have their eye on immediate impact newcomers on other tea

out of A&M. Number one TE in Texas per 247, 3 overall nationally 

6-4/6-5 240 

8/4/19 9:29 PM
2/22/11

Damn phone and wrong edit. The new tight end from A&M is one of the top in nation, not Jace 

Baylor Cupp, who is 6-6 240 

Blue chip TE 

8/4/19 9:31 PM
1/30/03
itskrisdude -
Animal Chin -
itskrisdude -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin - 

I do this every year.

Who ya got?

Top True Freshmen

God dammit, man....

That is interesting.

Get with it.

Right.

For others, with deeper rosters or position groups, they may have their eye on immediate impact newcomers on other teams.

That's a great point. 

Most teams aren't in this situation.

8/4/19 9:42 PM
3/13/08
Matrix - 
SgtJustinTeplitz -

Just throwing this out there.. Grant really fell off in his evaluations from top coaches his senior year. Not saying he won’t be good but he fell far in the composite rankings. Hence the reason he ended up at Arizona with bumblin Sumlin. Ok sorry that was mean..

Ha, I know where you stand. This doesn't have anything to do with Gunnell declaring Texas A&M only to back out of the commitment, does it:)
8/4/19 9:46 PM
7/15/11
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Matrix - 
SgtJustinTeplitz -

Ha, I know where you stand. This doesn't have anything to do with Gunnell declaring Texas A&M only to back out of the commitment, does it:)

No honestly it doesn’t. Jimbo passed. It doesn’t change the statement I made and it’s validity.

8/4/19 9:50 PM
2/25/08
SgtJustinTeplitz - 

Anyone ever go to an Iowa home game? Love this tradition...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7UqYD_owgY

Watch this one.
8/4/19 9:58 PM
2/5/06
Malvert the Janitor - 
Thingading -
Malvert the Janitor - 
Thingading -

I doubt I will ever get over that epic burn.

Used Wiki, actually. After backtracking so far from 2018, I seriously wondered if I would find even one other season this entire millennium.

There's no need to be "saddened and forlorn." But a touch of realism and objectivity is always a good thing.

Beating Clemson is realistic. 

We beat them the year before last and played them close as fuck last year. 

How the hell is that not realistic? 

You stated you'll be their toughest game this year, as if there is no question about it. That's not realistic. A&M and/or another team on their schedule could easily be a tougher contest. Congrats on a nice season last year, but that doesn't mean the success will be duplicated this year.

Aside from a small handful of schools, one good season doesn't necessarily mean the same for the next. CFB is waaaaaaaay too full of ups, downs and utter unpredictability for most programs.

Many people, outside of Clemson fans, will surely be rooting for your school and the others on Clemson's schedule. Simply to mix things up nationally and in the ACC. You get them at home this year, which helps. But not enough for a W. 

We’ll see. There’s a reason they play the actual games. 

This is true.

But I'm trying to help here regarding expections. The last time your boys ended the season ranked (in '01), you had to wait until the next decade just to have another winning record (and yes, before you say it, I utilized the interwebs for this info).

This is what I was referring to as far as anyone having any idea what most program's future holds. The overwhelming majority are not 'Bama, yesteryear's Carroll's USC, present-day Clemson, or Urby-led OSU, etc.

As mentioned previously, hope you stick around. I don't think there is another 'Cuse fan here. Diversity of schools is encouraged on this thread. It's needed. But, odds are, you're gonna get whacked by Clemson this year.

8/4/19 10:11 PM
12/29/12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7UqYD_owgY

Posting blind.