OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

Edited: 9/21/19 5:43 PM
11/9/05
captainplanet -
itskrisdude -

Well we're gonna find out how that goes next week.

$10 gentlemen's wager, sir?

Sure, as long as this BYU beating doesn't end with any major injuries.

9/21/19 5:48 PM
2/22/11

Okay, too late now, but Mond obviously isn't the answer and neither is our overhyped O line or WR Corp. 

9/21/19 5:50 PM
6/22/09
captainplanet -
itskrisdude -
captainplanet -
itskrisdude -
captainplanet -
itskrisdude -
captainplanet -
itskrisdude -

There isn't a throw Eason can't make.

Ridiculous arm talent.

Is Eason mobile? If he's not, SC's going to break him like they did Browning.

Not super mobile but mobile enough. Scrambles for runs every now and then.

And lol no. Eason actually has an ability to get the ball out quick, and gives no fucks. Browning was a sloth in the pocket and a pussy in comparison.

Talk me out of making a bet here. Because from my perspective, I see a UW team with much less NFL talent than that 2016 playoff team. While Eason is better Browning, there's no John Ross or Dante Pettis to worry about, and on defense? That 2016 was fucking stacked. 

It has a ton of talent, it's just really young. 9 new starters on defense learning to play together.

That offense was limited by Browning's shortcomings. Every pass play was basically Browning holding on to the ball, scrambling right, then throwing it up for Pettis or Ross to make a play. His numbers fell off drastically when Ross left for a reason. You could barely operate a system under Jake, which isn't the case with our current QB.

Pettis and Ross are gone, but it's not like the offense is void of weapons. Hunter Bryant is one of the best TE's in the country and Fuller is a play maker. Ahmed and McGrew can both push the rock and the Oline is solid. 

Regardless of anything else, Eason is a massive upgrade over Browning. However the game turns out, he won't break.

This is all speculation because SC's dline has been milliseconds away from getting sacks. Tyler Huntley should have died last night, but his scrambling ability saved him. I haven't watched a UW game this year, so I'm talking out of my ass, but I think the game is going to be a lot closer than expected, provided Slovis doesn't start.

Lol, asserting a player you haven't watched is going to "break," because an entirely different QB from an entirely different team 3 years ago was easily shook, is also speculation.

And yeah, I don't expect a blow out so...

Has more to do with SC's pass rush, honestly. Keeping contain on mobile QBs is their weakness, but I see them feasting on pocket passers. 

Yup.  They tend to overpursue and allow the QB just to step up in the pocket and bolt.

Biggest thing that worries me is other team's success going wide.  Can't remember when an SC defense was weak on the perimeter, you used to have to beat them inside playing some smashmouth football.  Now they give up the edge far to easily.

9/21/19 5:53 PM
1/1/01

Don't worry guys, Jimbo Fisher, our 75-million-dollar coach, still has 20 minutes to get another 3 (or maybe even 7!) points.

9/21/19 5:55 PM
2/22/11
Lofland -

Don't worry guys, Jimbo Fisher, our 75-million-dollar coach, still has 20 minutes to get another 3 (or maybe even 7!) points.

Quit drinking and posting, Johnny! 

will I see you in XFL 

9/21/19 6:01 PM
12/12/07
Meohfumado -
captainplanet -
itskrisdude -
captainplanet -
itskrisdude -
captainplanet -
itskrisdude -
captainplanet -
itskrisdude -

There isn't a throw Eason can't make.

Ridiculous arm talent.

Is Eason mobile? If he's not, SC's going to break him like they did Browning.

Not super mobile but mobile enough. Scrambles for runs every now and then.

And lol no. Eason actually has an ability to get the ball out quick, and gives no fucks. Browning was a sloth in the pocket and a pussy in comparison.

Talk me out of making a bet here. Because from my perspective, I see a UW team with much less NFL talent than that 2016 playoff team. While Eason is better Browning, there's no John Ross or Dante Pettis to worry about, and on defense? That 2016 was fucking stacked. 

It has a ton of talent, it's just really young. 9 new starters on defense learning to play together.

That offense was limited by Browning's shortcomings. Every pass play was basically Browning holding on to the ball, scrambling right, then throwing it up for Pettis or Ross to make a play. His numbers fell off drastically when Ross left for a reason. You could barely operate a system under Jake, which isn't the case with our current QB.

Pettis and Ross are gone, but it's not like the offense is void of weapons. Hunter Bryant is one of the best TE's in the country and Fuller is a play maker. Ahmed and McGrew can both push the rock and the Oline is solid. 

Regardless of anything else, Eason is a massive upgrade over Browning. However the game turns out, he won't break.

This is all speculation because SC's dline has been milliseconds away from getting sacks. Tyler Huntley should have died last night, but his scrambling ability saved him. I haven't watched a UW game this year, so I'm talking out of my ass, but I think the game is going to be a lot closer than expected, provided Slovis doesn't start.

Lol, asserting a player you haven't watched is going to "break," because an entirely different QB from an entirely different team 3 years ago was easily shook, is also speculation.

And yeah, I don't expect a blow out so...

Has more to do with SC's pass rush, honestly. Keeping contain on mobile QBs is their weakness, but I see them feasting on pocket passers. 

Yup.  They tend to overpursue and allow the QB just to step up in the pocket and bolt.

Biggest thing that worries me is other team's success going wide.  Can't remember when an SC defense was weak on the perimeter, you used to have to beat them inside playing some smashmouth football.  Now they give up the edge far to easily.

The issue, imo, that the runs come off of option runs. Pendergast has always had issues with that. 

9/21/19 6:04 PM
9/22/16
Lofland - 

JIMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
9/21/19 6:08 PM
7/15/11
Lofland -

Our Fightin' Texas Aggie Band won the halftime by a LANDSLIDE! Did you see the part where they looked like they were almost going to run into each other but then they made a sharp turn at the last second? That was WILD!

This ladies and gentlemen is a huge faggot. We see them often on the UG but these wild elusive creatures sneak into the OG every now and then.

9/21/19 6:09 PM
7/15/11
HernanCortes -

Okay, too late now, but Mond obviously isn't the answer and neither is our overhyped O line or WR Corp. 

This is painful to watch

9/21/19 6:09 PM
7/15/11
AnthonyWeiner -
Lofland - 

JIMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That sounds like what you were saying last December..

9/21/19 6:22 PM
1/1/01

Any of you doing the nut squeeze and humpin' it today?

9/21/19 6:26 PM
1/1/01

Our SEC brethren Auburn fans have been commenting on how respectful, courteous, and friendly our defensive line is today.

9/21/19 6:28 PM
7/15/11
Lofland -

Our SEC brethren Auburn fans have been commenting on how respectful, courteous, and friendly our defensive line is today.

You're a strange dude. The only post you make are about the Aggies. Me thinks someone has a crush.

9/21/19 6:40 PM
10/20/07

Those watching the kentucky / ms state game...

Why was that not roughing the kicker, or at minimum running into kicker?

Seemed obvious

9/21/19 6:46 PM
11/9/05
itskrisdude -
captainplanet -
itskrisdude -

Well we're gonna find out how that goes next week.

$10 gentlemen's wager, sir?

Sure, as long as this BYU beating doesn't end with any major injuries.

Alright we're good.

9/21/19 6:47 PM
9/22/16
Vegito Blue - 

goat

Best coach in the Big 10.
9/21/19 6:55 PM
1/30/03
Matrix -
Lofland -

You're a strange dude. The only post you make are about the Aggies. Me thinks someone has a crush.

Some of it is funny.

And Mond ain't it. How many Aggie fans are calling for the kid?

9/21/19 6:58 PM
1/5/07

App State beats Carolina. Awesome.

9/21/19 7:01 PM
8/18/06
Animal Chin -
Matrix -
Lofland -

Some of it is funny.

He's doing his too much, too little, too late 4th quarter comeback drive.

9/21/19 7:03 PM
8/18/06

Mond cannot play under the slightest pressure.   He only plays well when there's almost no chance at winning.   It's really crazy.

9/21/19 7:04 PM
1/30/03
okiebug -
Animal Chin -
Matrix -
Lofland -

Some of it is funny.

He's doing his too much, too little, too late 4th quarter comeback drive.

He looked good on that drive. 

9/21/19 7:04 PM
1/1/01
Bam57Bam -

I would also just like to remind everyone that before last season started Jim Harbough was routinely lumped in with top 5 college coaches by analysts and casual fans.

Hell, I was in argument with a poster in last year's CFB thread about him being mentioned in the same breathe see Saban and Meyer. 

This is so beautiful to see. Fuck Michigan and fuck Jimmy boy. 

I've been in the same argument with many posters here since day one. Jimmy got a lot of love for Stanford and Luck, but I think he had almost nothing to do with Andrew's success. 

Hairball is overrated and he cannot win the big game. I'm hoping for a life time contract, since the latest Detroit articles were saying his record doesn't matter because the money is flowing in. Great! Lot of cash and no hardware. lulz all day. 

9/21/19 7:06 PM
8/18/06
B Sharps - App State beats Carolina. Awesome.

Fun to see the old version of the old mac brown.

9/21/19 7:09 PM
2/22/11
okiebug -
B Sharps - App State beats Carolina. Awesome.

Fun to see the old version of the old mac brown.

And I was thinking they were one of the stronger ACC teams with their recent win streak. 

9/21/19 7:10 PM
2/22/11
okiebug -

Mond cannot play under the slightest pressure.   He only plays well when there's almost no chance at winning.   It's really crazy.

Yepp this is true. Auburn's D line looked really good against us. Mond would forcefully throw it and wouldn't get the correct read while scrambling. That and the WR Corp didn't do that well aside from Ausbon with the one hand grab