OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

9/23/19 4:07 PM
6/30/14
T Sauce - 

University of Houston starting QB D'Erik King has announced he will sit for the remainder of the season and red shirt, probably looking to transfer after the season ends and he graduates. 

why? isn't her the guy who just broke Tebow's record of consecutive games with both a passing and a rushing TD?
9/23/19 4:12 PM
6/8/10
Fan of Fanboys -
T Sauce - 

University of Houston starting QB D'Erik King has announced he will sit for the remainder of the season and red shirt, probably looking to transfer after the season ends and he graduates. 

why? isn't her the guy who just broke Tebow's record of consecutive games with both a passing and a rushing TD?

Probably convinced Riley will take him at OU and lead him to a heisman. His defense did just blow a 21 point lead against Tulane too. 

9/23/19 4:14 PM
6/30/14
T Sauce - 
Fan of Fanboys -
T Sauce - 

Probably convinced Riley will take him at OU and lead him to a heisman. His defense did just blow a 21 point lead against Tulane too. 

yeah, but it s Tulane. You don't see Alabama lining up to play that powerhouse with a home and home, now do you? Houston had balls just to play that game

but transferring to Oklahoma for that sweet Heisman love is a good idea
9/23/19 4:30 PM
6/23/12

It'll be a QB, and I don't mind... but I'd love the Heisman committee to consider a RB. Jonathan Taylor of Wisconsin has an outside chance at moving to #2 on the all-time rushing record list after just 3 seasons. He's currently 1,981 yards behind Ricky Williams' mark of 6,592 yards with a possible 11 games left to play (including Big Ten title game and a bowl game... I suppose 12 games would be possible, if they made it to the NC game). Guy averages 153.7 yards per game for his career, and has steadily increased his yards per carry from 6.6 ypc as a freshman to 7.1 last year and 7.6 early this season. If he plays in 11 more games with that per game average, he'll hit 2,130 yards for the season (6,301 yards #5 all-time). Everyone on the current top ten list has 4 seasons of game play. Absolutely nuts what he'll have done in 3 years of college football.

9/23/19 6:23 PM
6/8/10
Fan of Fanboys -
T Sauce - 
Fan of Fanboys -
T Sauce - 

yeah, but it s Tulane. You don't see Alabama lining up to play that powerhouse with a home and home, now do you? Houston had balls just to play that game

To update this, he is now saying he will stay at Houston and play next year. 

9/23/19 7:05 PM
7/15/11
T Sauce -
Fan of Fanboys -
T Sauce - 
Fan of Fanboys -
T Sauce - 

The phone didn't blow up? Lol

9/23/19 8:30 PM
1/2/07

This redshirt shit is getting ridiculous.  It should not count for a starter who decides he wants another season since the season isn't going well. 

9/23/19 8:31 PM
4/27/15
Vegito Blue -
Black Dougie -

Those ND fagoons that were faking injuries to disrupt GA's hurry-up offense should be suspended

Every team does that 

Every team has a player get a signal from the bench and throw one of their teammates on the ground when the other team is driving with a hurry-up offense.  

I was not aware....

9/23/19 8:36 PM
7/15/11
EnderinAK -

This redshirt shit is getting ridiculous.  It should not count for a starter who decides he wants another season since the season isn't going well. 

I love the 4 game thing. Obviously everyone is going to use it to their advantage but it's more positive than negative imo. And you're a Bama fan! What do you know about a bad season? Lol

9/23/19 8:37 PM
7/15/11
Black Dougie -
Vegito Blue -
Black Dougie -

Those ND fagoons that were faking injuries to disrupt GA's hurry-up offense should be suspended

Every team does that 

Every team has a player get a signal from the bench and throw one of their teammates on the ground when the other team is driving with a hurry-up offense.  

I was not aware....

Yeah that one play was Ban Hammer worthy. Like I seriously think they should be able to review that and kick both players out for the season. Wtf are we watching?! Soccer???

9/23/19 8:38 PM
2/5/06

Notre Dame is 1-19 in its last 20 games vs.Top 5 teams.

9/24/19 9:14 AM
7/30/10
Otis the Drunk -
Black Dougie -

Didn't get to catch the game but the ol' fainting Irish were at it again?

Maybe ND didn't have Air conditioning in their locker room like LSU at Texas...

9/24/19 9:23 AM
6/8/10
Matrix -
T Sauce -
Fan of Fanboys -
T Sauce - 
Fan of Fanboys -
T Sauce - 

The phone didn't blow up? Lol

Didn't he suffer a major injury last year that ended his season? Maybe he still doesn't feel 100%. I like the new redshirt rule, I'm all for rules that help the players. Yes, it gets abused but it helps far more than it hurts. 

Edited: 9/24/19 9:26 AM
7/30/10
Vegito Blue - 
Matrix -
Vegito Blue -
Bam57Bam -

And like clockwork this Michigan fan in my office is telling me how Jim Harbough would be great if he could just get the right QB.

Dude, you've had 5 years to get your shit sorted at QB. It's on Jim at this point. 

I also seem to remember Alabama making the playoff with a QB who had been a backup running back his entire career. There are plenty of college teams who have won with mediocre QB play. It's like Michigan fans don't want to admit he's a shit coach who can't win unless he has an all time great taking snaps.

Yeah let's continue to blame the QBs and not your HC. 

The UofM fan base is the single worst fan base in all of sports 

"Hold my beer.."

- texass 

Well I live in Michigan so I deal with these clowns first hand. I only know of one Texas fan over here and he's not a complete douche 

Aggie left for bigger and better SEC yet the Aggies around here talk about the Longhorns constantly, it's crazy. 

9/24/19 11:11 AM
6/30/14

Good timing for UGA bye week. Injuries showing up. And in theory it is a pretty easy slate of games until the second bye

CB Eric Stokes (knee) probable

OT Isiah Wilson (ankle) probable

WR Tyler Simmons (shoulder) probable

WR Demetris Robertson (hamstring) probable

OG Solomon Kindley (left ankle) questionable

DE David Marshall (foot/knee) questionable

CB Tyson Campbell (foot) questionable

WR Kearis Jackson (hand) questionable

WR Tommy Bush (groin) doubtful

QB D'Wan Mathis (head) out

Schedule:
bye week
@ Tennessee
Vs USCe
Vs Kentuky
bye week

and I know the two bye week thing only happens every so often an based on how labor day falls but i like it and wish it could happen every season.

9/24/19 11:35 AM
7/15/11
Wolfs Law -
Vegito Blue - 
Matrix -
Vegito Blue -
Bam57Bam -

And like clockwork this Michigan fan in my office is telling me how Jim Harbough would be great if he could just get the right QB.

Dude, you've had 5 years to get your shit sorted at QB. It's on Jim at this point. 

I also seem to remember Alabama making the playoff with a QB who had been a backup running back his entire career. There are plenty of college teams who have won with mediocre QB play. It's like Michigan fans don't want to admit he's a shit coach who can't win unless he has an all time great taking snaps.

Yeah let's continue to blame the QBs and not your HC. 

The UofM fan base is the single worst fan base in all of sports 

"Hold my beer.."

- texass 

Well I live in Michigan so I deal with these clowns first hand. I only know of one Texas fan over here and he's not a complete douche 

Aggie left for bigger and better SEC yet the Aggies around here talk about the Longhorns constantly, it's crazy. 

A&M left to get away from tu's BS. The SEC was just icing on the cake.

"Don't worry we'll take care of you."

Yeah, no. We'll take care of ourselves.

9/24/19 11:37 AM
7/1/15

Love this man's hatred for UofM and their fans lol he's always putting them in a body bag

9/24/19 11:52 AM
4/21/09
HernanCortes -
Bam57Bam -
okiebug -

I'm sticking with my opinion that Auburn is in there with bama, uga and lsu in the sec.  How do you rank the top 4?

1. Bama

2. Uga

3. Auburn 

4. Lsu

I have LSU and maybe Auburn above Alabama right now.

UGA would def best current bama team.

How do you have auburn maybe over Bama? Just curious. 

Sorry for the late response. 

First off Bo will be a completely different QB by end of season. From what I've seen so far Auburn's defense looks better that Bama's and if course their running game if light years ahead of what Bama has displayed this year.

Honestly, in just not that impressed with how Bama has looked this year. Yes, you have Tua and a plethora of great receivers but at some point Bama will need to show they can do more than run RPO constantly and just let Tua blow teams away.

It's almost like he's so good, the rest of team knows it, the coaches know it, so the other parts of your team think don't don't really need to give 100%>

I seriously doubt Nick would ever let that happen but just an opinion.

Edited: 9/24/19 6:23 PM
7/1/15

As a UofM hater, things just keep getting better and better.  This is gold

I wonder if he truly believes he'll be great in the NFL or if he's just saying that cause it's his brother lol 

9/24/19 7:03 PM
7/15/11

^ Shea is Johnny 0.5 imo.

9/25/19 12:43 PM
6/22/09
cbia - Busch Light guy is up to over a million. Still 8 days to go.

Sucks that cancel culture got this guy.

This is why we don't have nice things.

9/25/19 12:51 PM
7/15/11

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/09/25/carson-king-viral-busch-light-star-old-iowa-reporter-tweets/

Wow.. Had no idea. What strange time to be alive.

9/25/19 3:32 PM
12/12/07
Matrix -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/09/25/carson-king-viral-busch-light-star-old-iowa-reporter-tweets/

I hate this shit. I'm not allowing my kid to be in whatever form of social media is around when he's in high school because of things like this. Kinda like the Josh Allen tweets from high school. Thanks for ruining my day, Matrix.

9/25/19 3:52 PM
7/15/11

9/25/19 6:36 PM
2/25/08
Matrix - 

Such bullshit. Here are the cliff notes for those that don't want to read the article:

-24 year old attends GameDay at ISU asking for beer money to buy Busch Light and includes his Venmo
-He made the sign as a joke only expecting enough to get a case of beer.
-Within hours he had $400
-He tweets that he is only keeping enough for a case and donating the rest to the University of Iowa Kid's Hospital till the end of September.
-The donations came pouring in.
-Busch Light says they will match his donations and Venmo does the same.
-Busch says he gets free beer for a year and custome Iowa Legend cans with his face on them.
-He did the local media tour and then national media tour like Good Morning America and featured on ESPN.
-He was up to 1.1 million in total donations as of yesterday morning.
-Some tool at the Des Moines Register went and looked back at his Twitter history and turns out he quoted Tosh.0 (what was on the show) twice and in today's climate they might be a little insensitive but he was 16 (8 years ago).
-Tool @DMR decided to call Busch and tell them about it.
-Busch then announces they are cutting ties with him but will still donate but not send him custom beers or promote him/his cause.
-Venmo says they still support the cause.
-Carson then releases a statement saying he was sorry for the tweets when he was a kid.
-Tool @DMR then writes an article about the tweets.
-Iowa's number 1 beer in sales is Busch Light and the largest paper in the state are getting shit on pretty badly on social media. Tool @DMR had his social media history combed through by internet detectives. Turns out he posted was worse stuff going after just about every protected class you can think of.
-Every is taking screenshots and tweeting them at DMR. They release a statement saying they are investigating it.
-Meanwhile everyone in the midwest is rallying for the kid and he is now at 1.3 mil. Craft breweries stepping up, Make a Wish want to partner, and he got tickets for him and his family for the Iowa game on Saturday so he can Wave to the kids in the hospital he is donating to.
-And today the Governor of Iowa proclaimed that this Saturday is Carson King day.

Really cliff note:
-Fuck the tool at the Des Moines Register and whoever green lighted the article and called Busch instead of the kid telling him he should probably look through his tweets.
-Fuck Busch for severing ties buck not that badly since they are still donating to sick kids.