OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

Edited: 9/25/19 7:20 PM
2/25/08

Sorry for the errors. I'm no good on a tablet.

edit: Also, the ironic thing is that Anheuser Busch was one of the most viewed commercials for Tosh.0 during that time and had a viewership of over 30% teens.

"The donations spike continues for
@UIchildrens
. #FTK

@carsonking2
tells me the total just passed $1.5 million dollars, with more than $360,000 in less than 24 hours. That's a lot of people making a statement."

9/25/19 7:24 PM
7/15/11
cbia - Sorry for the errors. I'm no good on a tablet.

edit: Also, the ironic thing is that Anheuser Busch was one of the most viewed commercials for Tosh.0 during that time and had a viewership of over 30% teens.

@UIchildrens
. #FTK

@carsonking2
tells me the total just passed $1.5 million dollars, with more than $360,000 in less than 24 hours. That's a lot of people making a statement."

No biggie. Yeah it's insane. I'm telling you Social Media is the worst. I'm 100% with CP. My kids will not be apart of this BS either.

9/25/19 7:26 PM
7/15/11
cbia - Sorry for the errors. I'm no good on a tablet.

@UIchildrens
. #FTK

@carsonking2

Busch set their limit on this didn't they? If so that's a f'n cop out imo. Pay up. It's for a great cause. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought I read that.

9/25/19 7:40 PM
2/25/08

When they first contacted him, they agreed till the end of September. They are still honoring that, but they are not honoring what they said about custom cans, t-shirts, and a year of free beer.

9/25/19 7:43 PM
7/15/11
cbia - When they first contacted him, they agreed till the end of September. They are still honoring that, but they are not honoring what they said about custom cans, t-shirts, and a year of free beer.

Oh ok thanks. As long as they're still donating the money to the hospital than it's whatever. I might not necessarily agree with all aspects but it's their call in the end.

I like... No I love how the guy handled it. Took complete responsibility and didn't blame anyone. The reporter got a strong dose of karma imo.

9/25/19 7:51 PM
2/25/08
Matrix - 
cbia - When they first contacted him, they agreed till the end of September. They are still honoring that, but they are not honoring what they said about custom cans, t-shirts, and a year of free beer.

Oh ok thanks. As long as they're still donating the money to the hospital than it's whatever. I might not necessarily agree with all aspects but it's their call in the end.

I like... No I love how the guy handled it. Took complete responsibility and didn't blame anyone. The reporter got a strong dose of karma imo.

Yes he did. And he has handled everything like a pro. Just an all around good guy who wants to help the kids.

I don't cheer for many ISU players or alum, but he is one of them.
9/25/19 9:51 PM
2/25/08

Here is a good article:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/walsh-a-man-raised-money-for-sick-kids-so-journalists-went-through-his-old-tweets-to-humiliate-him-this-is-psychotic

9/25/19 10:09 PM
2/25/08

The onions:

OK, I am done for now.

9/26/19 3:49 PM
7/1/15

Here's a scary question for you guys... Is Ohio State actually somehow better than they were last year 

9/26/19 4:11 PM
6/30/14
Vegito Blue - 

Here's a scary question for you guys... Is Ohio State actually somehow better than they were last year 

maybe

but in their 4 games they haven't played anyone that great

But they will play several tough games this season. None that they should lose, talent wise, but enough to see how good they are

That Wisconsin game will be big but damn do they bye weeks line up great for tOSU in that one and not so much for Wisconsin
9/26/19 4:16 PM
12/2/05

I made a thread about that kid:

http://forum.mixedmartialarts.com/#  Iowa newspaper goes full retard; cancel culture
(80) [7812] by Fake Pie - 1 2 3 4

9/26/19 10:02 PM
2/25/08
Fake Pie - 

http://forum.mixedmartialarts.com/#  Iowa newspaper goes full retard; cancel culture

Thanks. I didn't see the thread and wouldn't have clogged this one up if I had known it was there.
9/26/19 10:03 PM
6/30/14
cbia - 
Fake Pie - 

Thanks. I didn't see the thread and wouldn't have clogged this one up if I had known it was there.

did not clog, glad you posted. I avoid those kind of threads on here usually so would not have clicked on fake pie's threads
9/26/19 10:59 PM
7/15/11
Fan of Fanboys -
cbia - 
Fake Pie - 

did not clog, glad you posted. I avoid those kind of threads on here usually so would not have clicked on fake pie's threads

Yeah I agree that was a great post and multiple folllow ups for this thread. Not a knock on Real Cakes post but I'm more likely to see it here than on the OG.

9/27/19 10:05 AM
2/22/11
Vegito Blue -

With fields as QB, yes. 

also their new D lineman,forgot his name, is apparently better than Bosa (both brothers) 

it's very easy for clemson and Ohio state, but I wouldn't tread lightly on Wisconsin 

9/27/19 10:13 AM
9/22/16
HernanCortes - 
Vegito Blue -

With fields as QB, yes. 

also their new D lineman,forgot his name, is apparently better than Bosa (both brothers) 

it's very easy for clemson and Ohio state, but I wouldn't tread lightly on Wisconsin 

Ohio State's issue is "Will they lose by four touchdowns to a team ranked outside the top 25?" They can likely bear a close loss, as long as it's not in the conference championship game.
9/27/19 1:26 PM
1/30/03

9/27/19 2:45 PM
7/15/11

LMFAO

Like legitimately I'm crying!

Club Dub y'all!

9/27/19 3:31 PM
1/30/03
Matrix -

LMFAO

Like legitimately I'm crying!

Club Dub y'all!

That shit is gold.

I can't stop laughing about it

9/27/19 4:51 PM
7/15/11

http://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-AM-athletic-director-Ross-Bjork-Chris-Del-Conte-rift-with-Texas-still-too-deep-for-football--136170549/

Read this and tell me who wants and needs this game please.

If texas was in the position A&M was conference wise we wouldn't be having this discussion imo.

9/27/19 5:27 PM
2/25/08

Since some of you guys don't follow the other thread, this happened this morning:

"You guys will like this one: RAGBRAI is donating $50,000 to Carson (Busch Light Guy). RAGBRAI is a week long bike across Iowa event (big party) that has happened every year for a week in the summer since the early 70s. What does the acronym mean?

Registers Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa. Yup, the Des Moines Register has been the title sponsor since 1973."

9/27/19 6:34 PM
3/29/13
Matrix -

http://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-AM-athletic-director-Ross-Bjork-Chris-Del-Conte-rift-with-Texas-still-too-deep-for-football--136170549/

If texas was in the position A&M was conference wise we wouldn't be having this discussion imo.

I agree it's really stupid the teams don't play, whoever made that decision is pretty stupid

9/27/19 6:41 PM
7/15/11
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -
Matrix -

I agree it's really stupid the teams don't play, whoever made that decision is pretty stupid

Maybe you need to reread and respond to my question. Would you care if you played SC again? Just imagine they held 90% of the power in your state when you bailed for a new life along with a partnership with Espn for 10 years..

Little brother leads the way almost every year in revenue (NCAA WIDE) and they still have some of the most sought after facilities.

9/27/19 6:42 PM
7/15/11
Matrix -

And I'll just add THEY are the ones that made the decision to not play.

9/27/19 6:44 PM
3/29/13
Matrix -
Matrix -

Maybe you need to reread and respond to my question. Would you care if you played SC again? Just imagine they held 90% of the power in your state when you bailed for a new life along with a partnership with Espn for 10 years..

Little brother leads the way almost every year in revenue (NCAA WIDE) and they still have some of the most sought after facilities.

Hell yeah id be mad, whooping the fake USC's ass is my favorite part of football, I never even cared about a natty for the longest time.