OtherGround Forums Communists have hid facts about a disaster before.

2 days ago
9/19/13

If communist USSR hid the chernobyl crisis from the rest of the world, why wouldn't communist China hide facts about where COVID came from?

In both cases, it's a matter of international responsibility and consequence.

If you were trying to cover up a human made accident, the easiest way to do that would be to blame it on nature.

2 days ago
11/13/14

I agree. And I would also double down by saying only Communist governments cover things up.

2 days ago
12/17/06

Commies are never to be trusted.

2 days ago
4/21/09
Kwang -

I agree. And I would also double down by saying only Communist governments cover things up.

I'd have to disagree with your last sentence. All governments/countries cover things up. 

2 days ago
1/3/20

No Govt in general can be fully trusted hence why they are to be held accountable under the American system yet its been eroded to the point the vast majority don't seem to give AF! 

2 days ago
4/9/10

Communists are a plague 

2 days ago
1/1/01

Is this what trolling looks like on the OG now?

2 days ago
1/27/12
Altofsky -

Commies are never to be trusted.

Agreed.

Just like capitalists and democratically elected leaders.

Edited: 2 days ago
7/4/11
Kwang -

This must be a joke. I mean the FOI act alone has revealed huge and constant cover ups from our own nation. Both domestically with ridiculous shit like MKUltra and internationally with ridiculous shit like the Iran-Contra scandal. And that doesn't even touch the huge amount of times we've tried to eliminate info from ever getting out, even via FOI decades later, e.g. when our military burned the evidence of the Haditha massacre.

Autocratic govts are infinitely worse, and commies may be the very worst among them, but for fuck's sake or own nation lies continuously to ourselves and others. And I'm not being a filthy commie apologist, I just think it's important to be realistic about our own country and our allies.

2 days ago
5/30/05

I think my views on this are well documented here. 

2 days ago
11/13/14
MattyECB -
Kwang -

This must be a joke. I mean the FOI act alone has revealed huge and constant cover ups from our own nation. Both domestically with ridiculous shit like MKUltra and internationally with ridiculous shit like the Iran-Contra scandal. And that doesn't even touch the huge amount of times we've tried to eliminate info from ever getting out, even via FOI decades later, e.g. when our military burned the evidence of the Haditha massacre.

Autocratic govts are infinitely worse, and commies may be the very worst among them, but for fuck's sake or own nation lies continuously to ourselves and others. And I'm not being a filthy commie apologist, I just think it's important to be realistic about our own country and our allies.

You have got to be shitting me! 

2 days ago
11/13/14
Bam57Bam -
Kwang -

I'd have to disagree with your last sentence. All governments/countries cover things up. 

You have got to be shitting me!

2 days ago
1/18/03
I've mentioned this before. The vehicles that were irradiated at Chernobyl were sent to Hungary to be cleaned. Fuckers never told the guys cleaning where the vehicles came from or gave them protective gear. One of my father's friends was there and told him that of the people that worked there all got cancer.

No one was ever punished.
2 days ago
10/1/16

United States is still hiding the facts about 9/11. The survivors and victims families want to sue the Saudis but Barr refuses to release the documents, the same documents that Obama kept secret. Trump actually challenged Obama to release the docs, but he knew that once he got in office, he'd renege on that promise, which he promptly did. He did get the families to vote for him though, so mission accomplished on that front. 

Does that make us communists too? 

2 days ago
8/29/09
Bam57Bam -
Kwang -

That's the point this commie fuckhead is trying to make.

2 days ago
3/2/11
Bad Monkey -
Bam57Bam -
Kwang -

Correction: that's his newest strawman in order to divert attention the primary discussion of the thread.

2 days ago
3/11/11

China is a capitalist country. It hasn't had a planned economy for about twenty years now. The Tiananmen Square protests were a fight back against the regime for imposing free market measures upon society, and that was all the way back in 1989. Any grievances you have with China's government and economy today are with capitalism. Calling China communist now is just as silly as saying the same about Russia.

Edited: 2 days ago
3/11/11

The relationship between the US and China is a relationship of capitalist powers competing against each other in the free market. If you don't like this, then you don't like capitalism.

2 days ago
2/5/06
Kwang - 

2 days ago
2/5/06
Proteus The Invincible - 

China is a capitalist country. It hasn't had a planned economy for about twenty years now. The Tiananmen Square protests were a fight back against the regime for imposing free market measures upon society, and that was all the way back in 1989. Any grievances you have with China's government and economy today are with capitalism. Calling China communist now is just as silly as saying the same about Russia.

1 day ago
11/13/14
ChaosOverkill -
Bad Monkey -
Bam57Bam -
Kwang -

Correction: that's his newest strawman in order to divert attention the primary discussion of the thread.

Nailed it dude. The thread offered such a radical viewpoint that it is definitely worth rehashing for the millionth time on the OG.

1 day ago
8/11/12
Proteus The Invincible -

Huh? China is capitalist? Since when? Fuck China absolutely fuck China, fuck everything the jap cunts stand for. 

Edited: 1 day ago
3/11/11
Balls Mahoney -
Proteus The Invincible -

Huh? China is capitalist? Since when? Fuck China absolutely fuck China, fuck everything the jap cunts stand for. 

The video below details China’s transition back to capitalism. It began after Mao’s death as a way of stimulating the planned economy by attracting foreign investment, which became necessary due to the split with the Soviet Union and consequent economic isolation from the rest of the world. But by the 1990s, the Chinese bureaucracy was consciously attempting to reinstate capitalism. The transition back to a market economy was completed around the year 2000.

1 day ago
11/13/14
Proteus The Invincible -

I take it you don't watch the news? 

Edited: 1 day ago
4/21/09
Bad Monkey -
Bam57Bam -
Kwang -

Oh I see it now...

I'm what they call slow to the table