OtherGround Forums "Conservative" posters dominate quality of forum.

8/16/19 6:21 PM
4/27/14
kevsh - 

Don't know about quality, but conservative posters definitely dominate circle jerk threads like this.

Can't explain why, maybe it's just some inner need to have your feelings stroked, err validated, by others, constantly.

And yet the left are the snowflakes? OG conservatives, your forefathers look down on you in shame over what the right has become under Snowflake in Chief. This thread is just further proof.

(On a related note, it does seem like you guys are more anxious and testy than usual lately, is it because it's slowly dawning on you that a Trump re-election in '20 is looking less and less likely?)

Maybe more rational people are turning away from the virtue-signalling, identity politics-obsessed, trasngender-fixated, open borders-haunted deplatforming state of progressive politics these days. There are just more conservative men on this site than there are progressives. Progressivism really has nothing to offer a thinking person.

Liberalism is fine. I can deal and have a discussion with someone who is a classical liberal because their values include open debate. But progressives? They're not right in the head.

Edited: 8/16/19 6:24 PM
8/31/18
The Stewed Owl -
kevsh - 

Don't know about quality, but conservative posters definitely dominate circle jerk threads like this.

Can't explain why, maybe it's just some inner need to have your feelings stroked, err validated, by others, constantly.

And yet the left are the snowflakes? OG conservatives, your forefathers look down on you in shame over what the right has become under Snowflake in Chief. This thread is just further proof.

(On a related note, it does seem like you guys are more anxious and testy than usual lately, is it because it's slowly dawning on you that a Trump re-election in '20 is looking less and less likely?)

Maybe more rational people are turning away from the virtue-signalling, identity politics-obsessed, trasngender-fixated, open borders-haunted deplatforming state of progressive politics these days. There are just more conservative men on this site than there are progressives. Progressivism really has nothing to offer a thinking person.

Liberalism is fine. I can deal and have a discussion with someone who is a classical liberal because their values include open debate. But progressives? They're not right in the head.

Yes people are turning away from virtue signalling and identity politics by virtue signalling and blaming the left for everything.

Lol that moment where you realized you jumped the shark 

8/16/19 8:24 PM
6/17/16
White347LX -
Target_the_Gash - 

NEWSFLASH:

According to the OG you are either a 'leftist' or a 'rightist' or you don't exist.

And if you disagree with someone then you are instantly identified as one or the other, depending entirely on who you disagree with and what issue it is.

Brro you tryna agree with me brro?

Them's grounds for an argument.

8/16/19 9:02 PM
5/23/07
Balls Mahoney - 

This thread is a pos OP and it's only goal is to further divide the site. You can be friends with someone that doesn't share your political and religious beliefs, if you're an adult. 

good post and thanks again for Banshee recommendation
8/16/19 11:57 PM
11/9/18

This holds true for most of America. Even with electrion rigging, the democrats still couldn't pull off a win. There are far more Conservatives (at least moderate) than there are liberals. Don't believe what the propaganda machine tells you.

27 days ago
9/27/07

Going through threads this morning and the comments reminded me how correct I was in OP.

27 days ago
5/10/08
rubbermonkey - 

Going through threads this morning and the comments reminded me how correct I was in OP.

You would need to have conservatives on this board for your thread to have any validity.

We have mostly Trumptards, who are the furthest thing from "Conservative"....

27 days ago
4/24/07
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Yay for echo chambers! 

You're silly. Conservatives are allowed to speak their own mind. We don't have one collective opinion like the left does. It's not an echo chamber as all the idea's and solutions differ from the people they come from.

How about we do a little experiment. Why don't you tell some of your liberal friends that there are only 2 genders. Doesn't matter if your believe it or not. I would bet you get shouted down for not properly reciting the liberal talking point that there are millions of genders. 

Now tell a conservative that doesn't know you that you are also conservative but you support more strict guns laws. I will bet you 9 times out of 10 that conservative will try to engage with you in dialoge. You might not reach common ground which is fine, but at least your afford the opportunity to have a different opinion, share it and be heard. 

That doesn't sound like an echo chamber to me. 

24 days ago
1/23/06
Nah. Baby Boomers. It's not about politics.
24 days ago
5/13/11
David@accu -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Yay for echo chambers! 

You're silly. Conservatives are allowed to speak their own mind. We don't have one collective opinion like the left does. It's not an echo chamber as all the idea's and solutions differ from the people they come from.

How about we do a little experiment. Why don't you tell some of your liberal friends that there are only 2 genders. Doesn't matter if your believe it or not. I would bet you get shouted down for not properly reciting the liberal talking point that there are millions of genders. 

Now tell a conservative that doesn't know you that you are also conservative but you support more strict guns laws. I will bet you 9 times out of 10 that conservative will try to engage with you in dialoge. You might not reach common ground which is fine, but at least your afford the opportunity to have a different opinion, share it and be heard. 

That doesn't sound like an echo chamber to me. 

Hi Dave. We are talking about this forum. Good talks.