OtherGround Forums Convince me Soleiman was worth it

1/6/20 11:17 AM
1/1/01

I've heard/read a lot about him being a terrorist and targetting US personnel, but what is the actual evidence that he was so bad that it was worth it to openly assassinate him and provoke Iran to respond?  

Edited: 1/6/20 11:19 AM
10/15/13

You want someone to provide you with every detail and 100% of all evidence to convince YOU, a civilian, why the US Military conducted a strike on this guy?

Who the hell do you think you are? 

1/6/20 11:20 AM
7/13/17

He ain't coming back bro 

1/6/20 11:21 AM
5/18/10

He has killed hundreds of US citizens.

1/6/20 11:21 AM
12/29/09

First he bypasses congress now he bypasses OP. smdh all over town. 

1/6/20 11:22 AM
12/29/09
BZtown10 - 

He ain't coming back bro 

He wouldn't fuck him even if he was. 

1/6/20 11:23 AM
11/19/05

He killed a single American. that's it. That's enough to die. But no, he killed 500-600.   Rest in piss to him and anyone who supports him.  Fuck any single OG'er who sits here and defends Iraq and Iran and this terrorist scum.

Edited: 1/6/20 11:25 AM
9/8/10

Reuters, a fairly left leaning news organization, had a decent article about what he was planning and what he has done. Maybe check something like that out instead of asking the OG.

Still yet to be seen if it was worth it imo. Don't think it was if it leads to war, but I also don't think it leads to war. It's pretty obvious Iran wanted to 'poke the bear.' Their people have been rioting for weeks, they've killed or arrested thousands of their people, they wanted America to respond in some way so that they could unify their people around their hatred of America and avoid being overthrown.

Just don't think they were expecting Soleiman to be the target.

1/6/20 11:27 AM
9/17/14

Think of him as an event planner traveling the Middle East.  Except that these aren't weddings or birthday parties he's planning.  Imagine a loved one of yours getting maimed or killed because of what he helped plan.

1/6/20 11:28 AM
1/5/11
Fighting -

He killed a single American. that's it. That's enough to die. But no, he killed 500-600.   Rest in piss to him and anyone who supports him.  Fuck any single OG'er who sits here and defends Iraq and Iran and this terrorist scum.

Agree.

One is enough. Add in the bravado this fucking terrorist had, flying into iraq. Welcome to country. Boom. Got what he was asking for. Who's next?

Listen, Iran is a powder keg. Has been for what, 180+ years? If it blows, it blows.

At this point, absolutely protect all us interests. Im a bit sick of hearing the unrest about it. People are free to leave this country, but they don't. Why? Because it's the best fucking country in the world, bar none.

1/6/20 11:30 AM
10/31/19

He masterminded and coordinated the US embassy attack amongst other things, that's good enough. 

1/6/20 11:31 AM
1/1/01
Al Cappucino - 

You want someone to provide you with every detail and 100% of all evidence to convince YOU, a civilian, why the US Military conducted a strike on this guy?

Who the hell do you think you are? 

I'm just saying make the case here, rather than the conclusory statements that he was a terrorist, so the OG can refer to it, rather then keep arguing over semantics. 

I'm generally against this kind of thing after the Iraq War, but I am willing to keep an open mind that we prevented something terrible from happening by taking him out.  

1/6/20 11:32 AM
8/23/11
Trust -

I've heard/read a lot about him being a terrorist and targetting US personnel, but what is the actual evidence that he was so bad that it was worth it to openly assassinate him and provoke Iran to respond?  

Just go to google classified docs . Com and look up all the evidence you want. 

or you can believe all the previous administrations and what they've said about this guy. 
They have labelled him a terrorist and quds a terrorist organization. Are you questioning that as well?

when they killed OBL did you want to see the evidence? 

this is why msm are fucks. They no longer report the facts. They have turned the story away from how brutal this guy was and made it about trump and Iran retaliation 

they should all be ashamed 

Edited: 1/6/20 11:36 AM
3/1/10

In the two weeks leading up to his death, he was behind the murder of an American citizen who was working as a contractor abroad, and the attempted violent overthrow of an American embassy where shitholers tried to storm the building and kill everyone inside.

That's just two weeks.

His resume of terror spans back decades.

Aside from orchestrating violence and murder of Americans in the shithole colloquially known as "the middle east", he's also tried to commit acts of terror against foreign nationals while they were on U.S. soil.

In 2011, he tried to partner with a Mexican cartel to use them as a proxy in an attempt to murder the Saudi ambassador to the US by blowing up his favorite D.C. restaurant when he was in town and having lunch.

He was also the commander of the Quds force, which has been a designated terror organization in the US since the 2000s. Canada classified them as such in 2012.

So all this shit about the U.S. killing a "government official" is noise. He was a government official who was the leader of a terrorist organization. You don't get to hide behind the facade of being a beurocrat while leading a terrorist organization.

1/6/20 11:34 AM
10/15/13
VTCO -

In the two weeks leading up to his death, he was behind the murder of an American citizen who was working as a contractor abroad, and the attempted violent overthrow of an American embassy where shitholers tried to storm the building and kill everyone inside.

That's just two weeks.

Aside from orchestrating violence and murder of Americans in the shithole colloquially known as "the middle east", he's also tried to commit acts of terror against foreign nationals while they were on U.S. soil.

He tried to partner with a Mexican cartel to use them as a proxy in an attempt to murder the Saudi ambassador to the US by blowing up his favorite D.C. restaurant when he was in town and having lunch.

/Thread.

Happy OP?

1/6/20 11:34 AM
10/1/16
Fighting - 

When I say this about Saudi Arabia, who were behind 9/11, I'm told that I have TDS because the Saudis love us and that due to "geopolitical" considerations, Trump is smart for curtsying to the king and selling the murderers of 3000 Americans billions of dollars in high tech weapons.

Will you say fuck you to those guys too? Or are you one of them?

1/6/20 11:38 AM
8/23/11
Flavorful -
Fighting - 

When I say this about Saudi Arabia, who were behind 9/11, I'm told that I have TDS because the Saudis love us and that due to "geopolitical" considerations, Trump is smart for curtsying to the king and selling the murderers of 3000 Americans billions of dollars in high tech weapons.

I think we had this discussion on another thread. 
the saudis are fuckers yes. 

but 911 was 2 presidents ago. 

if trump were POTUS during 911 maybe he would have handled things different 

but he wasn't.  He is POTUS now and handling the current threat to the USA 

if the saudis tried to blow up an American embassy tomorrow and trump did nothing... then you would have a point. But they didn't , Iran did 

and they got dealt with 

1/6/20 11:40 AM
6/28/10
Flavorful -
Fighting - 

No, you're told you have TDS because you have TDS

1/6/20 11:40 AM
1/1/01
androb - 
Trust -

or you can believe all the previous administrations and what they've said about this guy. 
They have labelled him a terrorist and quds a terrorist organization. Are you questioning that as well?

this is why msm are fucks. They no longer report the facts. They have turned the story away from how brutal this guy was and made it about trump and Iran retaliation 

Little different than OBL, though.  Everyone had heard of OBL for years and years.  They even had OBL on video tallking about 9/11 afterwards.   

No one had heard of Soleiman until he was dead. I'm exaggerating, of course, but you know what I mean. He was relatively obscure in the West, not close to OBL status in terms of name recognition in the public.  

It's pretty clear he was well known in Iran, though.  He seemed to be recognized as a cross between a rock star and Norman Schwartzkopf at the peak of Schwartzkopf's notoriety.  

1/6/20 11:41 AM
8/23/11
androb -
Flavorful -
Fighting - 

I think we had this discussion on another thread. 
the saudis are fuckers yes. 

but 911 was 2 presidents ago. 

if trump were POTUS during 911 maybe he would have handled things different 

but he wasn't.  He is POTUS now and handling the current threat to the USA 

if the saudis tried to blow up an American embassy tomorrow and trump did nothing... then you would have a point. But they didn't , Iran did 

and they got dealt with 

Japan bombed pearl harbour. 
should trump retaliate for that?

of course not... different time, different gov. Things change 

Japan is not the threat 

1/6/20 11:41 AM
6/15/19
ryans - 

In wars though, right? So the justification of further war is that people fought back in the initial pointless war?
1/6/20 11:44 AM
10/15/13
chad_mcjangle -
ryans - 

In wars though, right? So the justification of further war is that people fought back in the initial pointless war?

What wars? We're at war with Iran??

Edited: 1/6/20 11:47 AM
1/1/01
VTCO - 

That's just two weeks.

In 2011, he tried to partner with a Mexican cartel to use them as a proxy in an attempt to murder the Saudi ambassador to the US by blowing up his favorite D.C. restaurant when he was in town and having lunch.

He was also the commander of the Quds force, which has been a designated terror organization in the US since the 2000s. Canada classified them as such in 2012.

So all this shit about the U.S. killing a "government official" is noise. He was a government official who was the leader of a terrorist organization. You don't get to hide behind the facade of being a beurocrat while leading a terrorist organization.

I just found out this morning about the unconventional Quds force he commanded.  That certainly paints this in a different light.  Up until recently I thought he was just following orders or at the very least, the official Iranian government approved of his actions.   The picture gets a lot murkier.

However, if the official Iranian government approved of the Quds operations, then they have to take just as much responsibility as Soleimani.  They don't get to hide behind a a facade of beurocracy either.  Unless they want to claim they had no knowledge of his operations and had denounced Quds in the past.

1/6/20 11:47 AM
8/23/11
Trust -
androb - 
Trust -

Little different than OBL, though.  Everyone had heard of OBL for years and years.  They even had OBL on video tallking about 9/11 afterwards.   

No one had heard of Soleiman until he was dead. I'm exaggerating, of course, but you know what I mean. He was relatively obscure in the West, not close to OBL status in terms of name recognition in the public.  

It's pretty clear he was well known in Iran, though.  He seemed to be recognized as a cross between a rock star and Norman Schwartzkopf at the peak of Schwartzkopf's notoriety.  

Here is quds wiki page 

notice the words unconventional warfare ie terrorism 

notice who they fund and what engagements they have been part of 

hezbollah hamas 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quds_Force

1/6/20 11:49 AM
8/1/13

Is 600 US deaths and thousands more injured worth it.

I would say yes.

He was designated a terrorist by the Obama admin years ago.