OtherGround Forums Cop gets in argument, opens fire at Costco, kills

Edited: 6/16/19 10:58 AM
12/7/06
b.d. -
LakerUp -

I don’t like the sound of this one.  Feel bad for that kid too.

Opening fire in a crowded location, without properly taking into consideration his backgrounds? Yikes. 

Unless we're talking some Sloth from Goonies-looking motherfucker about to immediately go full ham on your kid, with an actual ham, I don't see how he doesn't lose his badge on this one. It's a bad look right now, not sure how they make it look better. 

I’m not sure he didn’t properly assess his background.  I do tend to agree with the second part.  I would like to know if he didn’t have much better options, like removing himself and his kid from the situation.  

6/16/19 11:00 AM
12/7/06
mrblonde1281 -
LakerUp -

There are more counties that allow CCW in CA than don’t.  Try again.

Do you live here?  There is a massive difference between “shall issue” and “may issue”

Yes, I live in CA.  Are you disputing there are more counties that issue CCW’s than don’t?  I’m not sure what you’re implying?

6/16/19 11:01 AM
1/1/01

Did you happen to read the part in the article where the officer was assaulted while holding his child?

I get that you hate cops, but don’t let your bias dictate innocence or guilt 

6/16/19 11:01 AM
5/29/18
burk -
mrblonde1281 -
burk -
mrblonde1281 -
Stupidnewbie -

Misleading. He was in a gun battle in Costco and killed the suspect. It is unknown whose bullets hit the bystanders. It was said to have started as an argument of some sort. 

It’s not even known whether there was more than one gun in the situation.  They have been selectively reporting facts since it happened last night.  This is a local story to me and I can tell you it’s starting to look like what it’s looking like 

"....... starting to look like what it’s looking like"

It isn'tlooking like English.

Gotta love it when someone tries to correct grammar and they have their own typographical issues.

Good point, I was going to use "ain't" but figured you would think i was as much a retard as you, so changed it to "isn't" and missed a space......

I fucked up....but your an idiot.

You're *****

6/16/19 11:05 AM
12/7/06
LakerUp -
mrblonde1281 -
LakerUp -

Do you live here?  There is a massive difference between “shall issue” and “may issue”

Yes, I live in CA.  Are you disputing there are more counties that issue CCW’s than don’t?  I’m not sure what you’re implying?

I was responding to this nonsense:

“A rightful gun owner? LEO's are probably the only ones allowed to conceal and carry in that state. Anyone else would be charged with murder and sitting in a cell at this point.”

6/16/19 11:15 AM
12/29/06

A regular person would be charged with murder, shooting an unarmed person with no disparity.

6/16/19 11:19 AM
12/7/06
WidespreadPanic -

A regular person would be charged with murder, shooting an unarmed person with no disparity.

There are innumerable examples of lawful self defense shootings in CA.  I’m not saying this is one of them, because I don’t know what happened (I honestly think it looks bad on the surface), but your statement is nonsense and not accurate in any sense.  

6/16/19 11:25 AM
1/13/04
Big Wes - 

Did you happen to read the part in the article where the officer was assaulted while holding his child?

I can't believe how many anti-cop pos post here to be honest..
6/16/19 11:28 AM
5/22/05

Watch the cops slow walk this investigation.

6/16/19 11:35 AM
12/6/14
Graduate1 -
Big Wes - 

I think they're just anti people

6/16/19 11:36 AM
6/5/15
Graduate1 - 
Big Wes - 

a cop did something stupid people are talking about it. that dosn't make them anti-cop.

6/16/19 11:46 AM
12/29/06
LakerUp - 
WidespreadPanic -

There are innumerable examples of lawful self defense shootings in CA.  I’m not saying this is one of them, because I don’t know what happened (I honestly think it looks bad on the surface), but your statement is nonsense and not accurate in any sense.  

Not at all. All shootings involving death are given a murder change with proven self-defense being an 'affirmative defense'.

Just because someone insulted you and pushed you when you were holding your child is an affirmative defense to killing them when they were unarmed, if there is no disparity of force.

It may be different if you're a thug with a badge, off duty or not.

6/16/19 11:57 AM
3/14/04
LakerUp - 

That diagram is deliberately misleading at worst, and inaccurate at best. lol @ San Diego county's requirement for exceptional good cause. SD is by default a no-issue county. You basically have to be a personal friend of the sheriff or donate a lot of money to their campaign fund.

There is also another problem. The 2nd amendment says nothing about good cause. The fact that in CA you need to justify any cause at all makes the entire licensing system unconstitutional.

And if you look at the counties and the population, most of the population lives in counties that do not issue permits, like SD, LA, SF, etc...
6/16/19 12:04 PM
12/7/06
WidespreadPanic -
LakerUp - 
WidespreadPanic -

Not at all. All shootings involving death are given a murder change with proven self-defense being an 'affirmative defense'.

Just because someone insulted you and pushed you when you were holding your child is an affirmative defense to killing them when they were unarmed, if there is no disparity of force.

It may be different if you're a thug with a badge, off duty or not.

First, you have no idea that’s what happened (a push and nothing else).  Second, all shooting deaths are not given a “murder charge.”  All shooting deaths are considered a HOMICIDE.  That is an entirely different concept than a murder charge and the fact you are conflating the two is evidence you should stop feigning knowledge of this subject.  

There are myriad situations where shooting an unarmed assailent in self defense is justifiable and warranted.  

It appears your desire for righteous indignation is overriding any ability to remain objective or considerate of the possibility you may not know everything required to form such a hard line opinion.

6/16/19 12:08 PM
12/7/06
angryinch -
LakerUp - 

That diagram is deliberately misleading at worst, and inaccurate at best. lol @ San Diego county's requirement for exceptional good cause. SD is by default a no-issue county. You basically have to be a personal friend of the sheriff or donate a lot of money to their campaign fund.

There is also another problem. The 2nd amendment says nothing about good cause. The fact that in CA you need to justify any cause at all makes the entire licensing system unconstitutional.

And if you look at the counties and the population, most of the population lives in counties that do not issue permits, like SD, LA, SF, etc...

You have no idea what you’re talking about.  This diagram is from a citizens gun rights organization.  You’re knocking it because you don’t like where it’s coming from—-ME.  Exceptional good cause is an appropriate label-perhaps you should actually research what it means before spouting off.

As for the rest, I am a 2A advocate and have made this fact crystal clear for as long as I’ve been on this forum.  I am adamantly opposed to those counties and municipalities that restrict 2A rights. 

6/16/19 12:11 PM
3/14/04
CA has a population of approx 33 million. The combined population of SD, LA, and SF alone is approx 25 million. Not counting the other, smaller will-not-issue counties, that means the overwhelming majority of CA residents are not allowed to carry. Add the other counties that don't issue permits and out of 33 million residents, maybe 4 or 5 million can get a CCW permit.

Like I said, that map you posted is very very misleading.
Edited: 6/16/19 12:13 PM
3/14/04
Exceptional good cause is bullshit. It's a default shall not issue. Political allies, friends, etc. . . of the sheriff are about the only ones who can get a permit in SD county. <br /><br />I don't care who put out that map, it's inaccurate and misleading. <br /><br />Do the math. Actually, never mind, I already did it for you.
6/16/19 12:16 PM
6/19/10
angryinch - CA has a population of approx 33 million. The combined population of SD, LA, and SF alone is approx 25 million. Not counting the other, smaller will-not-issue counties, that means the overwhelming majority of CA residents are not allowed to carry. Add the other counties that don't issue permits and out of 33 million residents, maybe 4 or 5 million can get a CCW permit.

How would you propose they draw a map?  Keyword being map.  

Edited: 6/16/19 12:17 PM
12/7/06
angryinch - CA has a population of approx 33 million. The combined population of SD, LA, and SF alone is approx 25 million. Not counting the other, smaller will-not-issue counties, that means the overwhelming majority of CA residents are not allowed to carry. Add the other counties that don't issue permits and out of 33 million residents, maybe 4 or 5 million can get a CCW permit.

No, it’s not misleading.  The claim made by IDExtreme was misleading and I corrected him appropriately.  Most counties in CA do issue CCW permits.  The entire population is not prevented from concealed carry.  

Most of the population resides in coastal cities, just like every other coastal state in the country with large municipalities.  That is not a secret nor is it being hidden in the diagram I posted.  

You are an exceptional tool, as always.  

6/16/19 12:21 PM
3/14/04
LakerUp - 

No, it’s not misleading.  The claim made by IDExtreme was misleading and I corrected him appropriately.  Most counties in CA do issue CCW permits.  The entire population is not prevented from concealed carry.  

Most of the population resides in coastal cities, just like every other coastal state in the country with large municipalities.  That is not a secret nor is it being hidden in the diagram I posted.  

You are an exceptional tool, as always.  

The entire population? Of course not. Only about 27 or 28 million out of 33 million.

Your point that more counties allow CCW than don't is useless when no one lives in those counties. I'm sure CCW is allowed on the moon too. So what? It does no one any good and is a misleading argument.
6/16/19 12:22 PM
3/14/04
Again I'll do the math for you. Approximately 84% of the population in CA is prevented from concealed carry.
6/16/19 12:32 PM
4/22/07

Riverside should be yellow on that map. I  lost mine when I changed jobs,  but now our new sheriff seems better. I fought hard to keep it,  but I guess my own self defense in this place was not reasonable.   Time to start paying those hundreds in start up fees yet again. 

6/16/19 12:36 PM
12/7/06

So at this point, you’ve already realized you misjudged what you read and made an argument in error.  Yet, you’re still arguing in an embarrassing attempt to save face.  At least you’re as consistently pathetic as you’ve always been!

6/16/19 12:37 PM
9/4/17

Laker always gives good insight which I for one appreciate. 

6/16/19 12:39 PM
3/14/04
LakerUp - 

So at this point, you’ve already realized you misjudged what you read and made an argument in error.  Yet, you’re still arguing in an embarrassing attempt to save face.  At least you’re as consistently pathetic as you’ve always been!

No, I didn't misjudge anything. Everything I've said is accurate. The map is misleading and paints a very inaccurate picture of the current state of CCW laws in California.

The fact and reality are that 84% of Californians cannot legally carry. Simple as that.