OtherGround Forums Corona deaths.... 99% had underlying conditions

13 days ago
1/25/04
chad_mcjangle -
Palmala Handerson - 
kungfugrip -

Would those 99% died in the same time period without the Corona virus?  If those people would have continued to live a normal to them life for years to come, it's still a pretty large issue. 

Not large enough to destroy the economy and millions of lives. This is starting to look like a test. They should’ve advised the sick and elderly to self isolate. Not the entire planet. 

I think it's less a "test" and more a new virus that people don't fully understand yet.

And more “not letting a crisis go to waste” with power hungry politicians looking to take more and more control over Americans. 

13 days ago
3/18/02

any country that issues immunity passports should have its leaders dragged through the streets 

13 days ago
1/25/04
Jayn200 -
cruedi -
kungfugrip -

Would those 99% died in the same time period without the Corona virus?  If those people would have continued to live a normal to them life for years to come, it's still a pretty large issue. 

One of the things that comes from this needs to be people taking care of themselves better.  Lose weight , exercise, eat better etc to lesson the effect of these pre existing conditions.

Yeah the general population has been sick for decades. Hopefully this will be a wake up call for a lot of them. 

All most of them will do is scream for universal health care. You see, it’s not their bad dietary and habits and lack of exercise; it’s the lack of health care. 

13 days ago
3/28/10
Jayn200 -
cruedi -
kungfugrip -

One of the things that comes from this needs to be people taking care of themselves better.  Lose weight , exercise, eat better etc to lesson the effect of these pre existing conditions.

Yeah the general population has been sick for decades. Hopefully this will be a wake up call for a lot of them. 

The only suggestions we are seeing are to eradicate meat and eggs, which would only make everything far worse. We are completely fucked. 

13 days ago
4/3/08
Ryazzo -
Caleb - 

There are probably millions of people out there with underlying conditions and they don’t even know they have underlying conditions. 

I agree with this sentiment, who gives a fuck if china flu is only killing those with underlining conditions. Lots of people have underlining conditions. Kids dying because of diabetes mixed with covid when they would have lived it shit. Im doing all I can to stop the spread and flatten the curve. I dont need to go to the mall or bar for awhile.

Is that diabetic kid going to the bar? Better have a word then. 

13 days ago
6/7/12
Palmala Handerson -
kungfugrip -

Not large enough to destroy the economy and millions of lives. This is starting to look like a test. They should’ve advised the sick and elderly to self isolate. Not the entire planet. 

Except around 55% of Americans have underlying conditions that are dangerous when infected with covid 19

13 days ago
1/1/01
Yea if you count the number of Americans who are 60+ years old or have some underlying condition (obesity, hypertension, diabetes, asthma, etc.) you're talking about a huge percentage of the population.
13 days ago
1/2/06
kungfugrip -

Yes. A very big issue for a small portion of the population. 

so lock everyone down!

13 days ago
1/2/06
chad_mcjangle -
Palmala Handerson - 
kungfugrip -

I think it's less a "test" and more a new virus that people don't fully understand yet.

We can’t plan as if we know nothing. We actually know a lot. It kills old and pretty sick people and barely kills young and healthy people. 

13 days ago
1/2/06
Soup and Beer -

One of the underlying conditions is high blood pressure.  Even if you have it under control with medication, it's still an underlying condition.  Without covid one could live another 50 years with that condition.  And one out of three Americans have high blood pressure.  So it's not so easy to dismiss a fatality from that.

Quarantine everyone with high blood pressure. 

Those with high blood pressure and misty just fat. Tell them they can go out when they loose weight and get the BP in line. 

This is Science 

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/files/docs/public/heart/hbp_low.pdf

13 days ago
1/1/01
OG2006 - 
kungfugrip -

so lock everyone down!

It's not that small a portion of the population. Something like 20% of the population is over 60. 40% of the population is obese. 10% have diabetes. 8% have asthma. The list goes on.
13 days ago
1/2/06
cruedi -
kungfugrip -

Yes. A lot of them aren’t “diseases” and obese people could fix them in 6 months (of sprawl traneing!? Lol). 

13 days ago
1/2/06
Tomato Can -
OG2006 - 
kungfugrip -

so lock everyone down!

It's not that small a portion of the population. Something like 20% of the population is over 60. 40% of the population is obese. 10% have diabetes. 8% have asthma. The list goes on.

Is 100 percent of the people a small portion of the population? 

Clearly you must get my point. 

13 days ago
1/1/01
I'm afraid I don't.
13 days ago
1/2/06

I don’t care if we isolate 40 percent with these conditions. Let the 60 percent go free. 

These 40 percent could drop to say 10 percent in a three month quarentine by eating less. Or stay fat and isolated I don’t care. 

The remaining 10 percent could isolate forever or go out and roll the dice. Up to them. 

13 days ago
1/1/01
OG2006 - 
Soup and Beer -

One of the underlying conditions is high blood pressure.  Even if you have it under control with medication, it's still an underlying condition.  Without covid one could live another 50 years with that condition.  And one out of three Americans have high blood pressure.  So it's not so easy to dismiss a fatality from that.

Quarantine everyone with high blood pressure. 

Those with high blood pressure and misty just fat. Tell them they can go out when they loose weight and get the BP in line. 

This is Science 

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/files/docs/public/heart/hbp_low.pdf

Well I have high blood pressure and am not overweight at all.  Until recently I did BJJ and had a lot of exercise as well.  I also eat fairly healthy.  But without a combination of two BP pills my numbers hit about 170/100.   With the pills it's at 110/75.

My point wasn't that we need to lock down.  Only that it's a fallacy to marginalize the virus because it only affects people with underlying conditions.   If that meant only people with lung cancer, and the morbidly obese, then fine.  But that's not the case.  But we should re-open and those with underlying conditions like me have to make their own decisions on what to do.

13 days ago
1/2/06
Tomato Can - I'm afraid I don't.

Locking down that population is way less than locking down everyone. 

You are objecting by saying it’s a lot of people. But we have like locked everyone down which is even more. 

13 days ago
6/26/13
Beninger - 
Ryazzo -
Caleb - 

There are probably millions of people out there with underlying conditions and they don’t even know they have underlying conditions. 

I agree with this sentiment, who gives a fuck if china flu is only killing those with underlining conditions. Lots of people have underlining conditions. Kids dying because of diabetes mixed with covid when they would have lived it shit. Im doing all I can to stop the spread and flatten the curve. I dont need to go to the mall or bar for awhile.

Is that diabetic kid going to the bar? Better have a word then. 

What are you on about? if I go to a bar and catch it then go to get groceries and spread it to a kid. If I didnt go to the bar that wouldnt happen. I get it we cant shut everything down forever, but Im ok missing some luxories if it helps in anyway. Nvm maybe youre just trolling me and I bit.
13 days ago
11/9/10

Fucking duh

13 days ago
10/22/14
Tomato Can - Yea if you count the number of Americans who are 60+ years old or have some underlying condition (obesity, hypertension, diabetes, asthma, etc.) you're talking about a huge percentage of the population.

There are very few people dying under 60 even those with underlying conditions.

13 days ago
1/1/01
OG2006 - 
Tomato Can - I'm afraid I don't.

Locking down that population is way less than locking down everyone. 

You are objecting by saying it’s a lot of people. But we have like locked everyone down which is even more. 

Yes that is obviously true (the highly vulnerable are less than 100% of the population) but it's also true that if we went that route, then you have like 40% of the population who are basically locked down indefinitely with zero hope of leaving the house safely for a really long time as the virus spreads and we hopefully wait for herd immunity or a vaccine which may or may not ever arrive. And the deaths will continue to mount among the 60% who we consider low-risk as we approach that point.

It's definitely one way to go but I think you are underestimating the downsides.
13 days ago
5/22/05
OG2006 -

I don’t care if we isolate 40 percent with these conditions. Let the 60 percent go free. 

These 40 percent could drop to say 10 percent in a three month quarentine by eating less. Or stay fat and isolated I don’t care. 

The remaining 10 percent could isolate forever or go out and roll the dice. Up to them. 

How are you going to isolate 40 to 50 percent of the population? The 40 to 50 percent all live alone do they?

13 days ago
3/14/04
Jayn200 - 
Tomato Can - Yea if you count the number of Americans who are 60+ years old or have some underlying condition (obesity, hypertension, diabetes, asthma, etc.) you're talking about a huge percentage of the population.

Death isn't always the worst thing that can result from catching covid.  

Ya'll are some incredibly narrow-minded and short-sighted motherfuckers.

12 days ago
6/7/12
angryinch -
Jayn200 - 

This. Even if you beat it without going on a vent. You can still have permanent reduction on lung capacity/ issues with heart and scar tissue

12 days ago
2/2/08
walkinassassin - 
angryinch -
Jayn200 - 

This. Even if you beat it without going on a vent. You can still have permanent reduction on lung capacity/ issues with heart and scar tissue

Damn that's crazy.

The majority of positive cases have permanent reduction on lung capacity and other stuff.

We should lockdown everyone.