OtherGround Forums Could this app suck any more ass than it does now?

8 days ago
7/31/09

On Android.

Threads dont exist. (This week they're existing, not holding my breath for next week)

When they do exist, it's taking them upwards of 2 minutes to load and even then the posting box takes even longer to load. So you read the first page, try to post and theres no box for another 2 minutes.

Last night nothing would load at all except the wrong page news.

But at least we got a voting system back, cause ya man....I've been dying to vote people up and even down if I'm feeling twitchy.

Oh and ads. The fucking gigabyte devouring ads. Do we really need to go into phone settings to block this fucking app so it doesnt eat all our fucking data? 

This app could be outstanding but instead of fixing what they have in place they want to add in new half brained features. 

I'd say that's it but I know others will chime in with plenty of other shit that works for 3 days then is broken for weeks. 

/rant

8 days ago
1/13/11

I was just watching a video “chilli dog” and at 1:27 the video stopped and the audio from some “hidden” ad started playing. So awesome. Totes McAwesomesauce.  

8 days ago
11/24/07

I have my Bluetooth connected to this listening to music and if I open a thread on the app the music stops because of some ad trying to autoplay. Awesome. 

8 days ago
1/1/01

When you you enter a thread scroll down to the bottom immediately you can see the hidden autoplay video loaded before it goes to the white.

Shady ass shit going on and Kirik is radio silent about it. 

8 days ago
9/4/17

I haven't been able to see my subs for over a month 

8 days ago
1/13/11

Wouldja look at that, I just realized all of us are also Blue names. That means that unless he gifted you the blue that he has been paid for us to have the priveledge of these ads. 

Ill be honest with all of you, my last two blues were gifts from a buddy here. I paid for all of mine from my first year here until the app became unusable. I would continue to support the site and buy them but not if this shit keeps happening. It’s ridiculous. 

8 days ago
1/13/11

At least I can roll through this thread and vote you all up. I feel better about everything now. 

8 days ago
4/18/06

These fucking auto play ads are bullshit. I bought this fucking app years ago on the promise there wouldn’t be this bullshit. 

Kirik, seriously man. What the fuck?

8 days ago
1/1/01
ABCTT_sakurabas ear -

At least I can roll through this thread and vote you all up. I feel better about everything now. 

The app is a data drain and battery killer the screen won turn off and can't listen to podcasts and of because of the auto plays ads but Kirik have me the privilege to vote for people down for the fuck of it. 

8 days ago
9/4/17
ABCTT_sakurabas ear -

Lol just did the same for the fuck of it 

8 days ago
1/1/01
William H Muncy -
ABCTT_sakurabas ear -

Lol just did the same for the fuck of it 

Vote upon for everyone but ear just because Kirik wants it that way. This is whatever we wanted he said so. 

Edited: 8 days ago
1/25/04

If you leave a thread open long enough, audio from a video will start to play but there will be no video, not an ad, just random audio. No way to turn it off.

8 days ago
2/25/13

Started around July 3rd.

Already used all my July data and had to pay for more

8 days ago
11/16/17

Like i said before we should all pool money together and buy the site.

8 days ago
1/13/11
Poiupoiu -

Started around July 3rd.

I voted all new posts up, it’s really having a positive effect on me, I even threw one at that sick old bastard Moo. 

I feel kind kind of bad throwing a VU at your post poiypoiuy, I’m not happy that you are spending all your dong on data. 

I hope you all can find WiFi and a battery backup so you can continue to post. I have a feeling this place will be a ghost town in under 3 weeks when all the data charges roll in on peeps. 

8 days ago
6/20/11

It couills be Kirik or what’s his face

8 days ago
1/1/01
ABCTT_sakurabas ear -
Poiupoiu -

Started around July 3rd.

I voted all new posts up, it’s really having a positive effect on me, I even threw one at that sick old bastard Moo. 

I feel kind kind of bad throwing a VU at your post poiypoiuy, I’m not happy that you are spending all your dong on data. 

I hope you all can find WiFi and a battery backup so you can continue to post. I have a feeling this place will be a ghost town in under 3 weeks when all the data charges roll in on peeps. 

Thanks ear, smooches! I vote you up it's the #1 thing we wanted on the site. But Kirik is always think ahead of giving us this awesome autoplay data killer feature. 

8 days ago
7/31/09
ABCTT_sakurabas ear -

Wouldja look at that, I just realized all of us are also Blue names. That means that unless he gifted you the blue that he has been paid for us to have the priveledge of these ads. 

Ill be honest with all of you, my last two blues were gifts from a buddy here. I paid for all of mine from my first year here until the app became unusable. I would continue to support the site and buy them but not if this shit keeps happening. It’s ridiculous. 

Theres no difference in having a blue anymore afaik.

Kirik probably got sick of all the people that bought their blues bitching about ads and the site not working. Blues and ads for everyone!

8 days ago
2/2/15

Not to mention the retarded shit that happens to your text when you type it. I tried to paste something on a thread earlier and after pasting I had to change some shit, every fucking time I would put in a space or delete a letter the whole thing would just go completely fucked. Spaces removed between words, parts of words deleting and merging with other words etc. I finally had to say fuck it and give up on it.

I was one of the first 100 or 500 on this site and I'm finally a cunt hair away from being done.

8 days ago
4/22/03
I have to use the browser on my phone! The fucking BROWSER!!!
8 days ago
1/1/01

Anything can always get worse

8 days ago
1/13/11
Stronghold -

Shit has gotten worse. It’s bottom of the barrel. The disappearing keyboard glitch is also back. 

And Slydog hasn’t posted that I’ve seen in TWO FUCKING DAYS!  He’s a regular here at the OG after hours hangout. 

‘Tis bullshit. Mucho bullshit. 

I reset my data usuage at 8:15, I want to see what an hour of using this app uses. Will update at 9:15. 

8 days ago
1/13/11
ABCTT_sakurabas ear -
Stronghold -

Shit has gotten worse. It’s bottom of the barrel. The disappearing keyboard glitch is also back. 

And Slydog hasn’t posted that I’ve seen in TWO FUCKING DAYS!  He’s a regular here at the OG after hours hangout. 

‘Tis bullshit. Mucho bullshit. 

I reset my data usuage at 8:15, I want to see what an hour of using this app uses. Will update at 9:15. 

Will retry tomorrow when I remember to turn off my WiFi.  My apologies. I got high. 

8 days ago
7/19/11

so it’s not just me? here’s what my phone says is playing, the app logo and “Brightcove embedded...”
8 days ago
7/19/11

I got you fam, I happened to reset mine earlier today, then I remembered to turn off my WiFi about 8:30. 3hrs later and the app has used over half a gig. I wasn’t even on it most of those three hours. ridiculous.