OtherGround Forums Could you hang yourself?

11 days ago
1/1/01
androb -
blas4ublasphemy - Why is a noose necessary? Can't you simply make a loop in one end and feed the other end of the rope through it with your neck inside?

I don’t know. 

I guess the point of the OP was 

if I don’t know what to do... how did 70 year old billionaire Epstein know?

It's not hard to figure out. You're not looking to break your neck like an old fashion hanging. You just need it tied off so you can lean into it so that your weight on it cuts off the circulation. Eventually you pass out, and a little while later you're gone.

From what I heard on my drive home, he tied it to the top bunk, and basically had to get on his knees to lean into it. No clue if that correct or not, just what I heard while driving 

10 days ago
8/23/11
sicko -
androb -
blas4ublasphemy - Why is a noose necessary? Can't you simply make a loop in one end and feed the other end of the rope through it with your neck inside?

I don’t know. 

It's not hard to figure out. You're not looking to break your neck like an old fashion hanging. You just need it tied off so you can lean into it so that your weight on it cuts off the circulation. Eventually you pass out, and a little while later you're gone.

From what I heard on my drive home, he tied it to the top bunk, and basically had to get on his knees to lean into it. No clue if that correct or not, just what I heard while driving 

Well it can’t be that easy 

Only 20 out of 100 000 inmates in federal prison are able to figure it out 

10 days ago
1/1/01
androb -
sicko -
androb -

I don’t know. 

Well it can’t be that easy 

Only 20 out of 100 000 inmates in federal prison are able to figure it out 

You're assuming the 100k wanted to do it, but only 20 figured it out. What if only 20 out of the 100k wanted to do it

10 days ago
1/1/01
Soup and Beer - 
kungfugrip - 
Soup and Beer -
kungfugrip - 

People forget in a cell you have time and if you have the motivation, just about anything is possible. 

He was the first successful suicide at this facility in 21 years.

How many billionaires have been there?

How many billionaires a clinically suicidal?

I've seen the videos of  Dan Blizarian and he doesn't look sad at all.

has he been in jail charged for being pedophile and facing life in prison?
10 days ago
6/22/03
I choke just wearing a suit and tie.
10 days ago
10/20/10

I tried it.

I just hung myself and died, but then I gave myself CPR and I'm alive again.

I'd do it again.

10 days ago
1/1/01
kungfugrip - 
Soup and Beer - 
kungfugrip - 
Soup and Beer -
kungfugrip - 

People forget in a cell you have time and if you have the motivation, just about anything is possible. 

He was the first successful suicide at this facility in 21 years.

How many billionaires have been there?

How many billionaires a clinically suicidal?

I've seen the videos of  Dan Blizarian and he doesn't look sad at all.

has he been in jail charged for being pedophile and facing life in prison?

I'm not saying it's impossible the official story is true.  But that an extraordinary string of coincidences and unlikely circumstances would have had to taken place for it to be true.   The least of which is the fact that it's the first successful suicide there in 21 years.   Him being a billionaire has zero to do with him being able to carry out the act.  Unless one proposes he bought off everyone in the jail to be given the opportunity to carry out his attempt.  And that still wouldn't explain the screaming and shrieking that was coming from his cell just before his death that other guards heard.  It's damned near impossible to make a sound while you are being strangled.  Much less scream.

10 days ago
4/26/13

Slipknot

surprisingly simple

10 days ago
1/1/01

You have to actually put some force into it on suicide watch. None of this neck snapping quick death shit. You have to hate yourself to strangle yourself to death.

9 days ago
10/15/13

https://nypost.com/2019/08/15/epstein-autopsy-determined-he-had-several-broken-neck-bones-report/

Jeffrey Epstein’s autopsy determined the convicted pedophile suffered multiple broken neck bones, according to a report.

One of Epstein’s breaks was to the hyoid bone, an injury that experts told the Washington Post is more common in homicide victims.

The discoveries were disclosed to the paper by two people familiar with the findings of the autopsy, which was completed on Sunday, but warranted more information by the Medical Examiner’s Office before they make a final cause of death ruling.

“Today, a medical examiner performed the autopsy of Jeffrey Epstein,” said Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Barbara Sampson in a statement Sunday night.

“The ME’s determination is pending further information at this time. At the request of those representing the decedent, and with the awareness of the federal prosecutor, I allowed a private pathologist (Dr. Michael Baden) to observe the autopsy examination. This is routine practice.”

Sampson’s office didn’t answer a request for comment from the Washington Post about the injuries.

Epstein was found dead of an apparent suicide in his cell at the Manhattan Correctional Center early Saturday. He was being held there without bail since his July arrest on sex trafficking charges.

The Washington Post spoke to Jonathan Arden, president of the National Association of Medical Examiners, who said a broken hyoid bone — which is near the Adam’s apple — is more common in strangulation murders than suicidal hangings.

“If, hypothetically, the hyoid bone is broken, that would generally raise questions about strangulation, but it is not definitive and does not exclude suicidal hanging,” said Arden, who is not involved with the Epstein autopsy.

Numerous studies were also cited by the paper that found hyoid bone breaks were found in the minority of suicidal hangings. One such study conducted from 2010 to 2013 that looked at suicidal hangings in India found that hyoid damage was present in just 16 of 264 cases.

9 days ago
12/29/06

He didn't David Carridine©. Funny how nobody believes it was a self-offing. Not one person in the world.

9 days ago
12/18/08

My girlfriend from back home hung herself two weeks ago and her husband found her. 

He said it was the most horrific thing hes ever seen and he said it must be fucked up to want to do that to yourself. 

9 days ago
10/15/13
NorthernHospitality -

My girlfriend from back home hung herself two weeks ago and her husband found her. 

He said it was the most horrific thing hes ever seen and he said it must be fucked up to want to do that to yourself. 

"....and he said it must be fucked up to want to do that to yourself."

Her Husband said that? Seems like they were real close

9 days ago
8/23/11
southcraw -

Slipknot

surprisingly simple

This is the 1st post that actually answers my OP

i don’t know how to make a slip knot 

9 days ago
11/5/03

"It's damned near impossible to make a sound while you are being strangled"

You can make a hell of a good orgasm face, however. 

9 days ago
6/13/09

I knew two people that did. I don't think I would or could do that. That last jump off the chair would be a tough one to to make.

There must be easier ways...yet it is the choice of many I guess.

It's sort of a poor man's suicide method too. It doesn't take many items or cost anything.

9 days ago
12/18/08
Al Cappucino -
NorthernHospitality -

"....and he said it must be fucked up to want to do that to yourself."

Her Husband said that? Seems like they were real close

They were actually. Hes been on meds to keep somewhat calm as he is a wreck. No need to judge, Al. Everyone handles things differently. 

She left him with 3 children and hes pretty fuckin upset. 

9 days ago
2/23/12
blood fist -

I knew two people that did. I don't think I would or could do that. That last jump off the chair would be a tough one to to make.

There must be easier ways...yet it is the choice of many I guess.

It's sort of a poor man's suicide method too. It doesn't take many items or cost anything.

So is a hose pipe though, I’d assume that’s a more peaceful death

9 days ago
10/5/04

Sure you could do it. You don't need any special noose. Just make a lasso and pull it snug till you pass out from loss of blood flow. standing up would be good. When you pass out your body weight relaxes and the lasso stays taught. 4 or 5 minutes later you'll never wake up. Beople do it with a tie, belts, from a door knob ETC. 

9 days ago
2/8/12
Soul Gravy - I'm already hung.

End thread.  GAME OVER

9 days ago
2/8/12
Renzo's Elbow -

Sure you could do it. You don't need any special noose. Just make a lasso and pull it snug till you pass out from loss of blood flow. standing up would be good. When you pass out your body weight relaxes and the lasso stays taught. 4 or 5 minutes later you'll never wake up. Beople do it with a tie, belts, from a door knob ETC. 

lol at noose! 

9 days ago
3/5/15

Obviously the story is very sketchy to say the least, but maybe it was a skill he learned in the last few years. Perhaps he felt the heat and couldn't find any cyanide tablets to have keistered up him at all times and wanted a back up plan to spare himself some humiliation.

Nah, dude was murdered.

To answer the OP, it's a skill I do not possess at this time. Not with a bedsheet, not with a rope, and hell...even if I was provided a noose I doubt I'd be able to properly tie/anchor the other end.

Edited: 9 days ago
11/19/06

One more customer is late paying and we will see.

9 days ago
10/20/10

Ive seen many. Not pretty and definitely not like the movies.

9 days ago
1/1/01

Even if I only had a post 1 foot from the ground I could give myself an anaconda choke and keep spinning till the lights went out.  I’ve been choked out before,  it ain’t that bad