OtherGround Forums Could your workout be making you BALD?

8 days ago
12/4/18

A recent study found over half of British men would rather have a full head of hair than a promotion or supermodel wife. According to Dr Thomy Kouremada-Zioga, a Hair Transplant Surgeon at The Private Clinic of Harley Street, there has been a surge in men experiencing accelerated hair loss due to the use of powdered protein and the activity they participate in at the gym. “Interestingly, the activity that men do in the gym can also potentially impact hair loss. While cardio will reduce the levels of DHT in the blood stream, excess weight lifting can increase testosterone levels and therefore accelerate hair loss. 

Edited: 8 days ago
5/24/17

One day they'll reverse it all, I'm waiting. 

8 days ago
4/22/07

Only reason to care about hair is to rail hot chicks.  

8 days ago
12/9/05
A biotech company has Phase 2 trial result readouts this quarter on a hair loss treatement, ACRS (Aclaris Therapeutics). If you see their stock price spike at some point, you'll know why.
8 days ago
10/31/07

Who the fuck gives a shit about their hair? Work on your body and your health and your wealth not some shit no one cares about in the first place 

8 days ago
2/8/12

32 is when it all starts.

8 days ago
12/4/18
NineFightFour -

Who the fuck gives a shit about their hair? Work on your body and your health and your wealth not some shit no one cares about in the first place 

The truth is that in modern society hair represents youth, vitality, health and confidence

8 days ago
2/23/12
NineFightFour -

Every honest man ever

8 days ago
8/12/09
God Of Thunder -

A recent study found over half of British men would rather have a full head of hair than a promotion or supermodel wife. According to Dr Thomy Kouremada-Zioga, a Hair Transplant Surgeon at The Private Clinic of Harley Street, there has been a surge in men experiencing accelerated hair loss due to the use of powdered protein and the activity they participate in at the gym. “Interestingly, the activity that men do in the gym can also potentially impact hair loss. While cardio will reduce the levels of DHT in the blood stream, excess weight lifting can increase testosterone levels and therefore accelerate hair loss. 

So..   no heavy resistance exercise, no high protein diet.  Do cardio, be a vegan. 

Do all you can to reduce your levels of testosterone.  Eat a lot of soy.  

Why not just get castrated?  Problem solved.

8 days ago
11/17/10

I learned this week that

lifting makes you bald and growing beards shrinks your nuts

8 days ago
11/11/11

There's like a 1500 dollar baseball hat at costco that says it helps.  they have a great return policy there so you could return it if it doesn't work.

https://www.costco.com/Capillus82-Laser-Therapy-Hair-Regrowth-Cap-for-Treatment-of-Hair-Loss-%2526-Hair-Thinning%2c-by-Capillus.product.100400113.html

8 days ago
10/31/07

I guess I’m the odd man out, I’ve been buzzing my hair to a 0 for about a decade now, I have thick solid “nice” hair I just hate having it, it’s too much work and I don’t like having to deal with it. It’s just easier to buzz off and work on other things. Maybe if more people worked on exercise and stuff instead of worrying about their hair there wouldn’t be so many skinny fat bros running around with stupid haircuts always worrying about their hair haha

8 days ago
12/4/18
NineFightFour -

I guess I’m the odd man out, I’ve been buzzing my hair to a 0 for about a decade now, I have thick solid “nice” hair I just hate having it, it’s too much work and I don’t like having to deal with it. It’s just easier to buzz off and work on other things. Maybe if more people worked on exercise and stuff instead of worrying about their hair there wouldn’t be so many skinny fat bros running around with stupid haircuts always worrying about their hair haha

But the skinny fat bros with the hair are the ones who end up with all the ladies. Cause women don’t like bald men even if they have muscles. 

8 days ago
1/1/01
God Of Thunder - 
NineFightFour -

But the skinny fat bros with the hair are the ones who end up with all the ladies. Cause women don’t like bald men even if they have muscles. 

Skinny fat bros are probably more likely to easily find/get girlfriends that are the matching weak female counterpart of themselves. That seems to make most people happy though so nothing wrong with it. Then they can have trivia night partners, match wardrobes, watch GOT together and such.

People that are programmed to challenge themselves physically and mentally are more likely to be attracted to/found attractive by women of a similar strong mindset. You end up going through more relationships because the expectation/standard is higher.
8 days ago
5/22/05
God Of Thunder -
NineFightFour -

The truth is that in modern society hair represents youth, vitality, health and confidence

This. Men are kidding themselves if they think it doesn't matter.

8 days ago
1/1/01
ShanTheMan - 

Only reason to care about hair is to rail hot chicks.  

And the irony is that it is typically guys with great hair that have erectile dysfunction.

8 days ago
1/1/01
banco - 
God Of Thunder -
NineFightFour -

It's variable depending on the person, but by and large height and hair = serious bonus points in all aspects of life.

There are plenty of tall schmucks with awesome hair and short, cool bald guys though.
8 days ago
5/8/10

I have a nice head of hair at 33 and have been working out and taking protein powders since I was 17

8 days ago
2/7/08
banco - 
God Of Thunder -
NineFightFour -

Yeah, it's like the ugly friend that says he prefers fat girls... suuure, buddy.
8 days ago
10/31/07
God Of Thunder -
NineFightFour -

Women do, girls maybe not, I’m married so I don’t really care what girls want. Plus when I grapple it generally helps not to be a skinny fat kid with a cool comb over lol

8 days ago
1/7/03
lol i guess that one punch man anime was right all along. the main character was so driven to be strong that he worked out until all his hair fell out. granted he did turn in to a badass and all...
8 days ago
6/26/06

You can get a joovv infrared light and buy a regular red bulb for under 250.  

Supposedly there's a peptide with promising results 

8 days ago
5/20/10

Interesting. 

I started thinning a bit a couple years back and decided to try that propecia shit. It made my hair grow back, but killed my boners and sex drive. Didn’t get blood work done, but I’d bet it killed my test levels. 

I got tf off that shit, cause I’d rather be bald then have great hair with weak boners and no sex drive. 

8 days ago
4/20/08

What is the hold up with this shit anyway? Are hair transplant surgeons secretly lobbying against this behind closed doors? 

8 days ago
7/15/04