OtherGround Forums Covid-19 Mortality Rate In USA Now At 0.015%!

6 days ago
7/22/09
camicom -
Junnk -
camicom -

HALP! Please MODS banish this thread to the cornfield.

Nah, leave it for the shame lol

Its chemo brain. I use that excuse all the time with my wife:)

You use that excuse around here far too often.

Maybe you should just fuck off for a bit. No offense.

6 days ago
10/23/05
jpm995 - 
mataleo1 -
jpm995 - 
mataleo1 -
jpm995 - 
jbc -
VHStapefan -
saglv -

That isn't how you calculate the mortality rate IMO.

The problem with this measure of mortality:  (dead_amount / (infected_amount))  is that you're speculating that the infected won't die.  

With a situation like this, a disease that is aggressively expanding, I think that a better method of evaluating it might be to look at the death to recovery rate:  (dead_amount / (recovered_amount + dead_amount)).

But we don't know the recovery rate either. Thousands might have already had it and recovered without knowing

Most estimates place the rate of asymtomatic Covid-19 cases at between 20 and 30% (may vary with age). https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00822-x

Even with that factored in, if you look at confirmed cases with defined outcomes, the mortality rates will likely be in the 1-3% range in the general population, with worse outcomes in older people or those with comorbidities.

I would think the areas that test the most would have the most accurate numbers. That would be S. Korea and NY state. I thought both had estimated the death rate below 1%. Correct me if i'm wrong.

NY has a rate (deaths/cases) = 1.03%

Thank you any update on S Korea?

South Korea:
1.4% if you do deaths/total cases
3.1% if you do deaths/(recovered + death)

And that's from a place where they've been pretty good at testing (not only sick patients like Italy)

So would you say 1-1.5% is PROBABLY pretty accurate? This can be a misleading as people think a low deth rate is good [it is but if everyone has it the death tolls go way up].

Again, I don't care too much about rates. We won't know unless we test the population at large (or at least a good sample).

The sheer absolute number of sick patients filling up the hospitals quickly is what i'm concerned about.

If there are 1000 COVID patients filling up NY hospitals at any given time, that's important, regardless if it's 1000/1 million or 1000/100k.

6 days ago
7/22/09
mataleo1 -
Oklahoma44 - 
camicom -

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2020/mar/26/coronavirus-map-of-the-us-latest-cases-state-by-state

69133 cases

1045 deaths

Mortality rate will continue to decline to the point it will soon be under the .01% influenza death rate.

We actually have one of the lowest death rates in the world. 

If we excluded the filthy, disease ridden, elitist, arrogant, condescending, disgusting, worthless, liberal, sodomite infested, cesspool of New Yawk, we'd far exceed the rest of the world. 

Actually the mortality rate in NY is lower than the rest of the country:

USA: 74982 cases, 1078 deaths, rate = 1.44%
NY: 37258 cases, 385 deaths, rate = 1.03%

If you exclude NY, it's higher. And in fact higher than a lot of countries.

Don’t let his fiction get in the way of a little hate speech though

6 days ago
1/1/01
mataleo1 - 

Indeed, cami made a fool of himself here. But he did recognize his error, he apologized and he's being a good sport about it. Fair game to laugh at his antics.

I'm more amazed at the guys trying to defend his math error. That's some spectacular cognitive dissonance right there.

Fucking crazy right?  That is like people defending  Trump's statement about the Chiefs being from Kansas.

6 days ago
11/9/15

Factor in asymptomatic cases that never get tested and his math is probably kind of close.

6 days ago
10/23/05
mix headroom - 

Factor in asymptomatic cases that never get tested and his math is probably kind of close.

Let's just assume a conservative scenario (that includes asymptomatic cases) where mortality rate is estimated at 0.2% (this number is close to population segments that were properly tested and models).

0.015% and 0.2% may look quite close, but there is a factor of more than 10x between the 2. Not close, any which way you look at it.

Jesus people.

6 days ago
9/27/07

Cami, you are better than this

6 days ago
10/1/16
rubbermonkey - 

The guy has 25000 posts. We read them every day. Love cami but no, this is as good as it gets.

LOL.
6 days ago
5/13/11
camicom -

Sorry my bad on the calculation. Calculators arent what they used to be..

Rate is actually around 1.5%

MODS HALP!

Love how you tried to blame it on the calculator 1st. Lol

I appreciate the humor of having you here as a poster Crimey-poo. 

6 days ago
11/24/13

U.S. now has the most Coronavirus cases in the WORLD, passing Italy and China.

100+ deaths reported in New York one one day today.

Camicon is an egregious moron.

6 days ago
6/20/13

Edited: 6 days ago
2/10/20
mix headroom -

That's not how facts work.

You factor in case that you know with deaths that you know to get a percentage that you know.

Don't be a retard. camicon is enough retard for this place.

These new tests are newly discovered. By the time they go through the infections, some of them will die.

6 days ago
11/13/14

I wonder what the death rate of coronavirus on chemo patients is?

6 days ago
10/1/16
Looney Ronulan Paultard - 

How many times do you plan on posting this retard? Is that you?
6 days ago
2/10/20
UncleMilty -

I wonder what the death rate of coronavirus on chemo patients is?

Pin on Funny

6 days ago
8/1/13
rubbermonkey -

I came clean earlier in the thread my friend:)

6 days ago
9/27/07
camicom -
rubbermonkey -

I came clean earlier in the thread my friend:)

Ha. Vu brother

6 days ago
11/20/09

I can't remember specifically, but I have it in my head that camicom actually is a great poster and makes contributing threads.  Not talking about this one lol

6 days ago
1/12/07

He's probably frozen again lol

6 days ago
11/9/15
KingMartyrJack -
mix headroom -

That's not how facts work.

You factor in case that you know with deaths that you know to get a percentage that you know.

Don't be a retard. camicon is enough retard for this place.

These new tests are newly discovered. By the time they go through the infections, some of them will die.

I never stated any facts. Just speculation. I don't know anyone who's even talking about getting tested if they aren't feeling symptoms. We already know asymptomatic carriers exist in large numbers. That means the mortality rate can only drop if you factor that in.

6 days ago
4/27/18

well assuming one in ten cases is tested than the death rate is .15%

6 days ago
4/27/18
mix headroom -

yes

6 days ago
7/31/09

This rate will go up

6 days ago
1/1/01

Here for the entertainment

6 days ago
5/29/18
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
camicom -

Sorry my bad on the calculation. Calculators arent what they used to be..

Rate is actually around 1.5%

MODS HALP!

Love how you tried to blame it on the calculator 1st. Lol

I appreciate the humor of having you here as a poster Crimey-poo. 

Lol first it's the calculator, but only until he was catching shit, then it's the chemo brain.

Im hoping we can allude most of his shit posting to chemo brain for that matter.