OtherGround Forums Covid-19 Mortality Rate In USA Now At 0.015%!

5 days ago
5/29/18
D241 -

I can't remember specifically, but I have it in my head that camicom actually is a great poster and makes contributing threads.  Not talking about this one lol

Lol he is the team red version of orcus at this point.

He only gets love cause he bats for the same team as 90% of the OG.

Just take any of his threads and reverse the politics. 

He would have switched sn years ago

5 days ago
5/29/18
evh -
YaoMingia -

You should just stop posting you fucking moron 

if only... unfortunately he is even more active during the quarantine. an endless stream of his mental diarrhea

Hes not more active, everybody else is just less active in their daily lives right now and are more exposed to his shit lol

5 days ago
3/11/09

So camicom makes a stupid thread but at least admits his mistake on the 1st page. Then we have other posters wishing for his death on the next couple of pages , yet somehow camicom is the problem here? 

Anyway, I don't think there is a great way to get a real accurate reading of the mortality rate due to the lack of testing of people with very little or no symptoms. Time will tell how bad it is I guess.

Edited: 5 days ago
11/1/03
Diabeetus -

So camicom makes a stupid thread but at least admits his mistake on the 1st page. Then we have other posters wishing for his death on the next couple of pages , yet somehow camicom is the problem here? 

Anyway, I don't think there is a great way to get a real accurate reading of the mortality rate due to the lack of testing of people with very little or no symptoms. Time will tell how bad it is I guess.

The two best sources are S. Korea and NY state do to their mass testing. They estimate death rate betweeen 1-1.5%. 

5 days ago
4/27/18
KingMartyrJack -
mix headroom -

Factor in asymptomatic cases that never get tested and his math is probably kind of close.

That's not how facts work.

You factor in case that you know with deaths that you know to get a percentage that you know.

Don't be a retard. camicon is enough retard for this place.

These new tests are newly discovered. By the time they go through the infections, some of them will die.

Ok good.

heres a fact :

10% of CONFIRMED cases of the flu die.

make sense? In other words of all the people who test positive for the flu, 10% die.

way higher than the Chinese virus.

5 days ago
4/27/18
jpm995 -
Diabeetus -

The two best sources are S. Korea and NY state do to their mass testing. They estimate death rate betweeen 1-1.5%. 

Of tested cases.

there is way more people with it who will never be tested or counted.

so the death rate will be much lower when we estimate those cases

probaby the same or less than the flu

5 days ago
7/6/14
saglv -

That isn't how you calculate the mortality rate IMO.

The problem with this measure of mortality:  (dead_amount / (infected_amount))  is that you're speculating that the infected won't die.  

With a situation like this, a disease that is aggressively expanding, I think that a better method of evaluating it might be to look at the death to recovery rate:  (dead_amount / (recovered_amount + dead_amount)).

This .. death ratio of this virus cannot be calculated assuming ALL the infected will not die. What an idiotic way to think just by giving a percentage. OP is a true moron. OP is off by a HUGE margin

5 days ago
6/20/13

COVID19 Death rate estimates: 0.2% – 0.5%

5 days ago
7/18/13
Strangleu -
KingMartyrJack -
mix headroom -

Factor in asymptomatic cases that never get tested and his math is probably kind of close.

You factor in case that you know with deaths that you know to get a percentage that you know.

These new tests are newly discovered. By the time they go through the infections, some of them will die.

Ok good.

heres a fact :

make sense? In other words of all the people who test positive for the flu, 10% die.

You're a fuckin idiot , just stop posting.

Thats a fact...unlike the horseshit you just puked up on the forum.

5 days ago
1/1/01
Oklahoma44 -
camicom -

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2020/mar/26/coronavirus-map-of-the-us-latest-cases-state-by-state

69133 cases

1045 deaths

Mortality rate will continue to decline to the point it will soon be under the .01% influenza death rate.

We actually have one of the lowest death rates in the world. 

If we excluded the filthy, disease ridden, elitist, arrogant, condescending, disgusting, worthless, liberal, sodomite infested, cesspool of New Yawk, we'd far exceed the rest of the world. 

lol true

5 days ago
8/23/11
gr3asegun -
Strangleu -
KingMartyrJack -
mix headroom -

Ok good.

heres a fact :

Lol your facts aren’t accurate though 

mathematicians are trying to develop a way to see who has had the virus and cleared it for this very reason 

you can’t get an accurate mortality rate if you don’t know how many people have truly gotten it. 

If you only tested the 1st person and they died the mortality rate would be 100%. 

But they know some people have gotten it and cleared it... so don’t you want accurate info so you can make an informed decision. Like should we shutter an economy completely 

5 days ago
4/29/09
Pugilist82 -

Either you’re trolling on a very fucked up topic to do so, or you’re so fucking stupid, you can’t do basic math. Either way, should be banned for spreading misinformation on an important topic.

It’s getting to where some of us are thinking about leaving for good.

5 days ago
12/19/10

it's not rocket science

5 days ago
8/11/12
Khemist -

OP is a faggot and I hope he makes it into that 0.15% 

Wow man wtf, this is some ugly shit. 

5 days ago
4/15/16
saglv -

The problem with this measure of mortality:  (dead_amount / (infected_amount))  is that you're speculating that the infected won't die.  

With a situation like this, a disease that is aggressively expanding, I think that a better method of evaluating it might be to look at the death to recovery rate:  (dead_amount / (recovered_amount + dead_amount)).

Why is this post getting down votes?

That seems to make sense:

If 100 people are infected, and three days in, 5 are dead, while 95 remain infected, the death rate would accurately be "unknown" or 5%+.

If 15 days later, 3 more are dead, and the 92 have fully recovered, then you could accurately say the mortality rate was 8%.

5 days ago
1/1/01
Hashtag -
saglv -

Why is this post getting down votes?

That seems to make sense:

If 100 people are infected, and three days in, 5 are dead, while 95 remain infected, the death rate would accurately be "unknown" or 5%+.

If 15 days later, 3 more are dead, and the 92 have fully recovered, then you could accurately say the mortality rate was 8%.

Yes, that’s exactly how you determine mortality rate.

The only proviso would be to have a potential adjustment for asymptomatic cases, which is only required if you only treat people with symptoms and could miss asymptomatic cases.

Right now, the estimates for asymptomatic cases are around 25%, so the adjustment would not be huge

5 days ago
7/25/08
Strangleu - 
KingMartyrJack -
mix headroom -

Ok good.

heres a fact :

sauce?
5 days ago
11/1/03
Strangleu -
jpm995 -
Diabeetus -

Of tested cases.

there is way more people with it who will never be tested or counted.

so the death rate will be much lower when we estimate those cases

probaby the same or less than the flu

I agree but without testing everyone these are the best KNOWN stats. I don't think we can estimate the real number of cases with Carona with any accuracy. As their testing more everyday the numbers should become more realistic. I assume the normal flu stats are subject to the same inaccuracies so they should be comparable. The other factor will be how effective the malaria drugs will be in helping people avoid death. 

5 days ago
5/13/11

In the past week we have more than doubled the number of deaths per day. 268 yesterday that we know of. 

We can all speculate and argue about the exact mortality rate until we ate blue in the face, but it's time to be taking this all seriously.  

While also still making fun of CrimeCorn and his massive math fail, and then trying to blame it on his calculator of course. 

5 days ago
3/9/13
Looney Ronulan Paultard -

COVID19 Death rate estimates: 0.2% – 0.5%

He uses the Diamond Princess as an example and claims 7 deaths when in reality there have been 10 deaths (and there another dozen or few dozen still in critical condition) so the CFR of that case will be ~2% or so at best.

5 days ago
6/1/11
camicom -

Sorry my bad on the calculation. Calculators arent what they used to be..

Rate is actually around 1.5%

MODS HALP!

Trying to figure out which of the following is worse. The President's reading skills (let's remember his job is 50% reading which is frightening considering how bad he reads), or your pretty glaring math mistake. That's a difficult determination.

Poll perhaps?

5 days ago
6/1/11
Balls Mahoney -
Khemist -

Wow man wtf, this is some ugly shit. 

Not feeling emotionally invested is one thing, wishing death on anyone I do not support.

Edited: 5 days ago
1/1/01
Strangleu - 
KingMartyrJack -
mix headroom -

Ok good.

heres a fact :

lol holy shit this is completely false..

according to the CDC, about 54 million people got the flu last year in the U.S..   Are you claiming 5.4 million people died from the flu in 2019?   

About 24000 to 6200 died brining the case fatality rate to 0.1% .   Your numbers are off by a factor of 100.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

5 days ago
12/20/15
Khemist -

You sound like a real piece of shit.

5 days ago
4/27/18
gr3asegun -
Strangleu -
KingMartyrJack -
mix headroom -

Ok good.

heres a fact :

LOL

Really, 10% of the people who had a flu test in 2018 and tested positive for the flu died.

Dude, dont be an idiot, THINK.