OtherGround Forums Crazy facts on sex trafficking in America

6 days ago
9/12/05

Incredible interview from Mark Levin last night.  America leads the world in the sex trade, and it seems to be something that nobody on the left is interested in talking about.  This guy's story is really wild, and both CNN and MSNBC shut him down when he reached out to them to help spread the word.  

What's really interesting is that now it looks like Netflix is going to (or already has) pulled his movie down after putting the left on blast last night during this interview.  

6 days ago
2/5/06
later
6 days ago
7/31/09

As far as I'm concerned if you know about it and do nothing youre just as guilty. The fact that it happens so much is incredibly disturbing. 

6 days ago
2/27/03
San Diego's #1 industry
6 days ago
1/1/01

The Left doesn't want to talk about sex trafficking.... Seems suspicious. 

6 days ago
3/24/02
JitsuGuy -

Seems made up

6 days ago
4/1/10

A lot of people like to act like it isn't happening, or that talk about it is way overblown. There have been very long threads of people arguing whether it exists or not, and the argument for and against legalizing prositution and such.

This will be a long thread.

6 days ago
3/9/13

What we need is another Labor Secretary known for cutting sweet deals with sex trafficking pedophiles to slash funds meant to fight human trafficking. Damn leftists!

Edited: 6 days ago
1/1/01

Personally, I feel the whole subject is a way to attack prostitution as a whole from another angle.  We all know that the entire country doesn't seen prostitution as it once did from the puritan view so the cultural conservatives have created another way to attack it.  The numbers I've seen doesn't support the scared facebook mom's who think they are going to get kidnapped from a grocery store, drugged and put into the sex trade.

6 days ago
1/1/01

Subbed for later, even though there's a chance thinking about it will make me sad and angry 

6 days ago
2/5/06
I knew someone who was a therapist for girls that used to be sold and shared through sex trafficking and somehow got out. Sometimes it's just that they are too old and more often than not they're "disposed of". Once and if they get out the suicide rate is pretty much off the charts.

Crazy, fucked up shit.
6 days ago
7/4/05

"Human trafficking" is a buzzword meant to stigmatize and delegitimize sex work.  It's this generation's reefer madness from the same anti-libertarian, puritannical stream of thought that has given us every other failed, anti-vice moral crusade in our history (prohibition, drug war, gambling).

6 days ago
10/14/10

It does seem like fear mongering.

I must live in a bubble.

6 days ago
5/13/11

The troll has to troll every thread and post he makes. 

Take a look at the private charities and groups that work to help the victims of trafficking and sex work abuse. 

"Nobody on the left" my ass. 

This isn't a partisan issue, but of course mt "facts" is trying to turn it into one. Pathetic as usual. 

6 days ago
2/5/06
Road Warrior Fin - 

Personally, I feel the whole subject is a way to attack prostitution as a whole from another angle.  We all know that the entire country doesn't seen prostitution as it once did from the puritan view so the cultural conservatives have created another way to attack it.  The numbers I've seen doesn't support the scared facebook mom's who think they are going to get kidnapped from a grocery store, drugged and put into the sex trade.

When I talked to this person, I was blown away. I honestly didn't think that shit really existed, like it was some horror movie bullshit. It's not, it's very real.
6 days ago
9/12/05
JitsuGuy -

They talk that through in the interview, and they also bring up other interesting points about the left's obsession with normalizing pedos as well.  

I find it interesting that this whole topic is blowing up with the Epstein scandal and all the dirt he had on left wing heavyweights, and it just so happens that the mouthpieces for the left (CNN/MSNBC/NETFLIX) are all trying to kill these stories.  

6 days ago
4/1/10
CaptainWoody - 
Road Warrior Fin - 

When I talked to this person, I was blown away. I honestly didn't think that shit really existed, like it was some horror movie bullshit. It's not, it's very real.

In my younger days, and what seems like a past life, I was pretty close with two women who were sex workers of different types, and not strippers.

Neither was trafficked, or said they were, but they weren't coming from happy stories, and neither were headed towards happy endings.

Anyway, both had told me a lot of stories about other women they worked with or came across in their life, and both had horror stories of close calls with very bad sets of people.

Neither was reformed or anything, they were both working full time as sex workers when we were friends, and neither were tryong to "get out" although I hope they eventually did.

From their shared experiences though, trafficking is very real and very common, and very sad, and very terrifying.

6 days ago
2/5/06
TheHawker - 

"Human trafficking" is a buzzword meant to stigmatize and delegitimize sex work.  It's this generation's reefer madness from the same anti-libertarian, puritannical stream of thought that has given us every other failed, anti-vice moral crusade in our history (prohibition, drug war, gambling).

No it's not you weirdo

"Human trafficking" happens all over the world and doesn't necessarily mean sex work, it's forced labor, slave work. Are you saying that doesn't exist? Something like 50% involve sexual exploitation of some kind absolutely.

It's not talking about your crackhead neighbor turning tricks on the corner
6 days ago
1/1/01

I watched it.

Some of it seems exaggerated.

300,000 children,  American children are trafficked every year.

The prime customers are white guys making over 100K a year.

I get that it is a problem, but some of what he was throwing out there seems impossible.

6 days ago
2/5/06
Zned - 
CaptainWoody - 
Road Warrior Fin - 

In my younger days, and what seems like a past life, I was pretty close with two women who were sex workers of different types, and not strippers.

Neither was trafficked, or said they were, but they weren't coming from happy stories, and neither were headed towards happy endings.

Anyway, both had told me a lot of stories about other women they worked with or came across in their life, and both had horror stories of close calls with very bad sets of people.

Neither was reformed or anything, they were both working full time as sex workers when we were friends, and neither were tryong to "get out" although I hope they eventually did.

From their shared experiences though, trafficking is very real and very common, and very sad, and very terrifying.

There are a lot of prostitutes that are just that, it's they're decision. There are a lot however that may start off as that then basically get taken. A lot are young, pre-teen girls from bad homes that are "runaways" and get caught up in that trade.
4/1/10

There are a lot of prostitutes that are just that, it's they're decision. There are a lot however that may start off as that then basically get taken. A lot are young, pre-teen girls from bad homes that are "runaways" and get caught up in that trade.

Yeah they are awful stories.

There are a lot of eastern euro women who came to NYC to be fashion models, and the agents were just pimps.

The two I was close with, and by close I mean we became very close friends, were in odd positions. Neither was doing it because they liked it. One was intertwined in all kinds of business deals with the guy that was running the agency she worked with, in the end he screwed her out of all the money she thought she had coming.

The other it all started with an old boyfriend, and sdhe was still working even though she had no association with him. She got "traded", which was the term she used.

The truth is always complicated and sits somewhere in the middle a lot of times.

It would be nice to know whatever happened to them, I am digging back to early 2000s.

6 days ago
1/1/01

Our sec of state just gave a talk saying the 3 biggest countries for sex trafficking are Mexico the phillipines and the US.  Scarier to me is about 60% of sex traffic kids come from our foster system.

12/26/05
e. kaye -

I watched it.

Some of it seems exaggerated.

300,000 children,  American children are trafficked every year.

The prime customers are white guys making over 100K a year.

I get that it is a problem, but some of what he was throwing out there seems impossible.

Its stunningly exaggerated.

I've been posting about this for years.  The numbers for human trafficking and sex trafficking are frequently inflated, and then spun in with horror stories of child sex trafficking and sex slavery so this all seems like the same pot.  Its not.

While I'm not saying child sex trafficking and sex slavery doesn't happen, these things arent significant things that are happening to tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands in this country.

Virtually all examples of human trafficking arent anything more than illegal economic migrmigrant Virtually all examples of sex trafficking are acts of voluntary prostitution. 

Virtually NONE of the accusations of sex slavery are true (but a few actually are), however these accusations are fantastic at getting headlines and ruining peoples lives.

The most blatant example recently is the horseshit with Robert Kraft.  I fucking hate that fat cunt, but the claims of sex slavery were 100% hot, raw bullshit.

6 days ago
12/26/05

This is one of those things like drug propaganda where you really do yourself a disservice by listening to the government and law enforcement narrative.

6 days ago
3/16/06
Zned -

Yeah they are awful stories.

There are a lot of eastern euro women who came to NYC to be fashion models, and the agents were just pimps.

The two I was close with, and by close I mean we became very close friends, were in odd positions. Neither was doing it because they liked it. One was intertwined in all kinds of business deals with the guy that was running the agency she worked with, in the end he screwed her out of all the money she thought she had coming.

The other it all started with an old boyfriend, and sdhe was still working even though she had no association with him. She got "traded", which was the term she used.

The truth is always complicated and sits somewhere in the middle a lot of times.

It would be nice to know whatever happened to them, I am digging back to early 2000s.

Pretty much every FB post you see of a missing 12-17 year old girl is a runaway that's caught up in sex trafficking. Losers like the hawker (who is trolling) like to think they choose that life and it should be legal. Well, these girls are preyed upon and groomed by pimps just the same as a child molester will groom their victims into "compliance." This most often occurs online now, with the pimps being in different cities or states. They romanticize the life and sell them on "money is all that matters." Much of the prostitution world is run by gangs. Atlanta is the hub, followed by Vegas, San Diego, Miami, Los Angeles, Dallas, Houston, San Fran, and NY. There are numerous tracks the girls are transported along to work so they are far from where they might be recognized or found.

I am a sex crimes detective. I have a potential life case on two gang members that I've spent over a year investigating and I can't even get the victim or her mother to call me back. That's how brainwashed they get by the life.