OtherGround Forums Crossfit games... Hmmm

8/3/20 6:25 PM
9/27/15
Just watched the crossfit games from 2018. The guys and girls in this competition are all beasts. They are all very muscular, very lean, strong af and have insane cardio and endurance.

How is this possible though? Are they all just genetic freaks? Are they genetic freaks that are using performance enhancers and just able to pass the tests somehow?

Within a 5 year span, The women have gone from looking like fit athletic and feminine to looking like NFL running backs.. Tia Toomey, Davidstottir and Kyra Bell are tanks. How are they achieving such high musculature and low body fat and high output on a woman's hormone chemistry? I guess Toomey just competed in the olympics and passed all the drug tests there but does this mean she truly is clean or just knows how to pass drug tests? Davidstottir abd Bell are both very suspicious as well ..

Many will say that all these crossfit athletes are super dedicated and genetic freaks and do this for a living thus of course they will be athletic gods .. I dunno though, I've been around gyms for decades and I know what can be attained naturally. I do know genetic freaks exist but I'm still skeptical

Thoughts?
8/3/20 6:28 PM
1/1/01

They're all on designer PEDs 100% 

8/3/20 6:30 PM
1/18/03
There is real money on the line...womens Crossfit pays better than Ms Olympia, so they are juicing like pro athletes.

Whats the mystery.
8/3/20 6:33 PM
2/22/13

Clean as Lance and his competitors were.  They're on an even playing field.  Let em juice.

8/3/20 8:14 PM
12/1/00

"Many will say that all these crossfit athletes are super dedicated and genetic freaks"

I dont think anyone says this except for fellow crossfitters.

Heck, Richard Froning, the multiple time crossfit champion was a community college baseball player.

8/3/20 8:31 PM
9/27/15
effinggoof - There is real money on the line...womens Crossfit pays better than Ms Olympia, so they are juicing like pro athletes.

Whats the mystery.

I didn't know there was that much money on the line. I'm sure if you place 1st the money is great but if you are just breaking top 10, you can't make a living at it
8/3/20 8:33 PM
9/27/15
kying418 - 

"Many will say that all these crossfit athletes are super dedicated and genetic freaks"

I dont think anyone says this except for fellow crossfitters.

Heck, Richard Froning, the multiple time crossfit champion was a community college baseball player.

Wait, so you don't think Froning and Blaser are elite athletes? Really? Their output, endurance and combo of strength is freaky.
8/3/20 8:51 PM
9/8/02

Crossfit women = horse legs. 

8/3/20 8:51 PM
7/13/09

The chicks have more testosterone than 18 year old guys.  

8/3/20 8:54 PM
3/13/12

check out one of the top girls Kristi Eramo... there is NO WAY they're not on PED

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC34Lv4KjiJbitgtmJ1nK9cg

Edited: 8/3/20 10:09 PM
2/25/09

A bunch of my old c lassmates are crossfitters. Funny thing is they were terrible athletes and would appear to have had bad genetics but are jacked now. the girls have deeper voices than me from all the peds rofl. 

8/3/20 9:23 PM
2/13/16
jcblass -

Crossfit women = horse legs. 

Me like. 

but yeah op. No shit they’re on PEDS

8/3/20 10:07 PM
4/20/17

Clit like a hitchhikers thumb

8/3/20 10:58 PM
1/1/01

In

8/3/20 11:04 PM
10/8/08
i mention this before, a chick quit bc she began to have a micropenis
8/3/20 11:14 PM
2/13/16
RocknRolla - i mention this before, a chick quit bc she began to have a micropenis

She quit taking exogenous test or quit working out?

8/3/20 11:26 PM
3/7/05
There is no drug testing and no plans for any anytime soon. Just like strongman competitions, this sport is COMPLETELY driven by PEDs.
8/4/20 7:23 AM
8/12/09
BigWilliam - There is no drug testing and no plans for any anytime soon. Just like strongman competitions, this sport is COMPLETELY driven by PEDs.

I agree with you 100%.   without PEDs, there whole thing would be boring and no one outside of the cult itself would pay attention.   this is the exact type of event/sport that SHOULD allow PEDs.    The top competitors are freaks w/out PEDs, they have to be.   PEDs help take them to superfreak status.    They have to be mental freaks too though.   The dedication and commitment has to be at a rediculously high level to do what they do, as good as they do.    I give them all credit.   the whole thing is sponsored by Reebok and on ESPN so they can't admit to PEDs, I get it.    Just about any of us would do what they do, if we could, and were given the opportunity, and we'd also lie about PEDs to be able to keep getting paid and keep doing it.   

so what I think is interesting is how in one of the documentaries or whatever it was, they talk about how they test and they even banned a guy from competing for supposedly testing positive for something.   I had to laugh.   They either had to pay this guy to take a dive or this guy fucked some Reebok Executive's Wife.    I'm thinking it may have been both.   

the other funny thing is how their #1 athlete wears only Nike.    I know, fuck Nike and all that but it is funny.   

8/4/20 8:09 AM
1/1/01
ons ear - 
effinggoof - There is real money on the line...womens Crossfit pays better than Ms Olympia, so they are juicing like pro athletes.

Whats the mystery.

I didn't know there was that much money on the line. I'm sure if you place 1st the money is great but if you are just breaking top 10, you can't make a living at it

It's like pro-bodybuilding - the money isn't (necessarily) in the competition winnings. It's in sponsorships, representation deals, (these days) being an "influencer", I'm sure speaking engagements / appearances, etc.

8/4/20 8:11 AM
1/1/01

And yes - pro Xfitters are PED'd to the absolute gills. Dave Castro will lose his shit publicly every time someone says it, but that doesn't mean it's not true.

Kinda like how the Xfit Games was originally supposed to show the pinnacle of what Xfit the training methodology was capable of, yet the best Xfit Games competitors for YEARS have done the exact opposite of what Xfit the training methodology preaches.

8/4/20 9:08 AM
1/1/01

Yes, most, if not all, of the athletes are on PEDs. They’d still be tremendous athletes without PEDs. 

No, they haven’t reached that level of fitness by doing the 22 min WOD on the crossfit website. They haven’t reached that level by doing a crossfit 3x a week. But would your average American 20 something benefit from crossfit 3-4x a week?  Absolutely.  Will they be ready for the games at any point?  No. 

To rail against either of these two ideas is a waste of time. 

Mark

8/4/20 9:30 AM
1/1/01

No pics of hot crossfit girls. THIS THREAD SUX!

8/4/20 9:32 AM
4/3/04
OldSchoolMike - 

No pics of hot crossfit girls. THIS THREAD SUX!

2nd that!

8/4/20 9:37 AM
1/1/01

PED's definitely.  Crazy insane work ethic?  Just as definite.

Edited: 8/4/20 9:43 AM
9/26/10
Wiggy - And yes - pro Xfitters are PED'd to the absolute gills. Dave Castro will lose his shit publicly every time someone says it, but that doesn't mean it's not true.

Kinda like how the Xfit Games was originally supposed to show the pinnacle of what Xfit the training methodology was capable of, yet the best Xfit Games competitors for YEARS have done the exact opposite of what Xfit the training methodology preaches.

ive got a friend who is very into crossfit. most of the workouts he talks about doing are just very normal power lifting/ olympic lifting  routines. And then with some running thrown in. Not sure how often he does WODS. Its certainly not the everyday thing. 

im sure this stuff varies a lot going from good gyms to bad gyms.