OtherGround Forums Dead cop, people freaking out (hard to watch)

6/24/19 2:52 PM
12/2/05

6/24/19 2:53 PM
6/3/09
Fake Pie -

Very hard to watch.  Almost impossible.

6/24/19 2:54 PM
5/1/14
Curtis_E_Bare -
Fake Pie -

Very hard to watch.  Almost impossible.

This. 

6/24/19 3:04 PM
8/23/05

damn

6/24/19 3:11 PM
1/25/04

https://fox4kc.com/2019/06/23/missouri-officer-shot-killed-while-investigating-bad-check-complaint-near-st-louis/

Missouri officer shot, killed while investigating bad check complaint near St. Louis

WELLSTON, Mo. -- A Missouri police officer has died after he was shot while responding to a bad check complaint at a food market near St. Louis.

FOX2 reports the officer, identified as Mike Langsdorf was shot inside Clay's Food Market located in the 6200 block of Page Avenue in Wellston, about 9 miles northwest of St. Louis. A call for an officer in need of aid was sent from the store shortly after Langsdorf arrived just after 4:30 p.m.

Officers and EMS crews arriving on the scene were met by people in the store assisting the officer.  EMS crews aided the officer and transport him to Barnes-Jewish Hospital for treatment.

The North County Police Cooperative Chief of Police John Buchannan said Langsdorf had been with the department for three months and was at the store investigating a bad check complaint.

The North County Police Cooperative serves seven communities in the northern St. Louis county.

Buchannan also stated that a suspect was in custody and that a gun had been recovered at the scene.

St. Louis County Police tell FOX2 that they are assisting the North County  Police Cooperative with the investigation.

Buchannan said a media briefing will be held Monday at 11 a.m. to release more details about the deadly shooting.

6/24/19 3:19 PM
12/2/05
Jesus.

After arriving at the scene, the 40-year-old officer was confronted by the suspect, identified as Bonette Kymbrelle Meeks, during which a struggle ensued inside the store near the counter, according to police. Video surveillance inside the store reportedly captured the entire incident as it unfolded.

Police said during the struggle, the officer and suspect ended up on the floor. Major Ron Martin described the following moments during a press conference Monday morning:

At some point Officer Langsdorf was on top of Meeks, I don't know how, looking at the video, Mr. Meeks was able to do it, but he was able to pull a gun from his waistband, strike Officer Langsdorf in the side of the head a few times, which caused Officer Langsdorf to be in kind of a daze and lose his hold on Mr. Meeks. Mr. Meeks was able to stand up and stand over Officer Langsdorf as Officer Langsdorf was on the ground facedown, stomach down. Mr. Meeks had the gun in his hand, pointed the gun to the back of Officer Langsdorf's head and fired one shot.

spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ??slower / faster
??volume mmute
??seek . seek to previous 12... 6 seek to 10%, 20% ... 60%
Martin said the bullet struck Officer Langsdorf in the neck, traveled to his spinal cord and out his front chest. The officer was then rushed to Barnes-Jewish Hospital, where he was pronounced dead around 5:15 p.m.

"Mr. Meeks was successful in executing a cop yesterday, and a good one," Martin said.

Through tears, Martin expressed gratitude to all the responding agencies and those at the market who helped Langsdorf get aid.

Meeks was later arrested in the 6220 block of Page. He was reportedly still carrying the gun used to fatally shoot Officer Langsdorf.
6/24/19 3:22 PM
1/25/04

6/24/19 3:26 PM
1/1/01

North county is a beautiful and mysterious place.

6/24/19 3:27 PM
12/6/16

Damn that is awful.  RIP to the officer.

Yes, there are some bad cops, just like in any profession, but they have an insanely hard job.  Especially those that work in "urban" environments.

You have some people on here and in society who want to jump all over the police and paint them as racists/power hungry when they are aggressive in certain situations, when in reality they are aggressive in order to prevent something like this from happening.

6/24/19 3:29 PM
3/16/06

This is why shoplifters may have guns drawn on them. This is why officers are on guard during traffic stops. This is why no call is "routine." RIP Ofc Langsdorf. 

6/24/19 3:31 PM
11/16/17

Oh wow, what a surprise 

6/24/19 3:31 PM
5/13/11

Ugh. Terrible. Over a fucking CHECK? I hope they make sure this POS gets the "proper" treatment while in custody and once in prison. 

6/24/19 3:33 PM
5/13/11

Fuck that was hard to watch. He was still moving on the ground. 

6/24/19 3:34 PM
12/17/06

RIP to the officer. Hopefully they tooled the scumbag up proper on the way to jail.

Good job by those women. They should be recognized by the city and commended for the aid. 

6/24/19 3:37 PM
6/27/05

Mike was a friend of mine from highschool...

....the social media in this shithole city is filled with black people praising the shooter pos and throwing up RIP Mike Brown.

I’m so fucking pissed.

12/17/06
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

It's not much consolation, but at least he was being cared for as he went. Most people shy away from that type of shit. Those women helped and then got on the ground with him talking to him the whole time. 

5/13/11
CharlesMartel -

Damn that is awful.  RIP to the officer.

Yes, there are some bad cops, just like in any profession, but they have an insanely hard job.  Especially those that work in "urban" environments.

You have some people on here and in society who want to jump all over the police and paint them as racists/power hungry when they are aggressive in certain situations, when in reality they are aggressive in order to prevent something like this from happening.

I agree with this. Absolutely. As someone who used to jump all over any opportunity to shit on LE, I jave been guilty of that in the past but have been trying to be more objective. 

To counter your point this forum does have quite a few who are equally eager to do the oppisite, and justify any force with "dindu" and other bigoted comments, and defend anything LE related. 

What I did see in this video is a group of minorities who would normally be labeled by some posters here, showing huge empathy and trying anything they could to help this officer, while being disgusted by the scumbag who did this. 

There are very fine upstanding people in LE, and in these urban settings as civilians. 

6/24/19 3:38 PM
6/27/05
Altofsky -

RIP to the officer. Hopefully they tooled the scumbag up proper on the way to jail.

Good job by those women. They should be recognized by the city and commended for the aid. 

The women are being praised by the police and first responders.  The lady taking the video is being threatened.  Fuck this whole fucking mess

6/24/19 3:39 PM
12/17/06
Stu Cazzo -

....the social media in this shithole city is filled with black people praising the shooter pos and throwing up RIP Mike Brown.

I’m so fucking pissed.

Jesus Christ dude I'm sorry to hear it. Take some time and hug your loved ones. Tight. Best medicine.

6/24/19 3:39 PM
2/16/04

RIP brother

6/24/19 3:40 PM
5/13/11
Altofsky -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

It's not much consolation, but at least he was being cared for as he went. Most people shy away from that type of shit. Those women helped and then got on the ground with him talking to him the whole time. 

It was a moment of unity and very nice to see, as a minor consolation of course. I wouldn't be shocked if some of those same women were active in protests an against LE abuse. Yet in the moment their true characters shined. 

6/24/19 3:41 PM
5/28/12

RIP Officer Langsdorf
6/24/19 3:43 PM
8/9/12

I can’t see anything

6/24/19 3:44 PM
6/3/03

Vid is not showing up on app, which might be a blessing in disguise given some of the responses in this thread. 

6/24/19 3:44 PM
5/13/11
Stu Cazzo -

I’m so fucking pissed.

Damn bro. I'm sorry this is hitting you personally. 

Try and focus not on the cowards who post idiotic hateful stuff from behind a keyboard, and instead on those women on the scene who tried everything to help your friend. 

RIP to your friend.