OtherGround Forums Dear Hollywood,

7 days ago
4/27/18

We are starting to hate you.

Which sucks because every now and then you actually make a good movie and you are limiting our entertainment options.

We dont care what you think, and are quite sure if it wasnt for your acting ability, looks and a lot of luck, most of you would be 40 pounds overweight and serving our dinners at the local steakhouse.

Your ticket sales are down and your awards show are cringeworthy and crashing.

You are pompous, ungrateful and arrogant. 

Please fuck off with your lecturing and get back to focusing on making good movies.

Sincerely,

At least half of the U.S.A.

7 days ago
10/17/08

I haven't been to a movie in many years. Fuck em

7 days ago
12/18/08

Lol in. 

7 days ago
3/19/09

Welcome to the team, op.

Edited: 7 days ago
1/1/01

OP, 

You dont matter to 95% of Hollywood. They will gladly lose you forever if they can replace you with foreign people. 

7 days ago
6/29/02

I was thinking the other day that I'm going to spend more time attendling plays, dance, local sports (not pro), etc.

Anything that is on a screen these days is generally garbage dressed up in effects.  Can't do that in theatre.

7 days ago
11/16/17

I dosnt know Ricky Gervais posted here.

1/1/01

It is going to be amazing to watch Hollywood kowtow more & more to China as they become the primary producers of film. That's where the money is these days. Jack Ma is the most powerful guy in Hollywood, in case you didn't know.

Thing is, China does not give a f@ck about what Hollywood considers "woke". They don't care at all about American minorities. Studios are going to get notes like: "Too many Black people on screen... more White people. Chinese no like the Black people."

It's gonna be the polar opposite of woke. Hollywood does not understand both how racist China is and how uninterested the Chinese are in our history.

My oldest brother --great guy & standard issue Lefty-- lived & taught in China for years. He speaks Mandarin. He said it was impossible to have classroom discussions on the topic of racism because most of the student's views were sorta like those of American plantation owners, in the 1850s.

He said they would say, "Of course Black People are inferior. Why are you asking us about this?" They were sort of befuddled by "racism" as a topic. --And not just Black people, but almost everyone who isn't Chinese was considered "less than". I'm sure with younger generations it is changing some, but they just don't have the core belief that "we're all more or less the same underneath". --And these are the people taking over Hollywood.

I think Hollywood is in for a major culture shock. What is really amazing is going to be seeing these "woke" actors go along with it, just like many German film actors did in Nazi Germany. Hollywood will go along with anything it has to in order to stay alive & relevant. There is no real soul there --no TRUE beliefs for most of them-- just beliefs that benefit them at the time.

7 days ago
5/10/04
Thebonfirexm - 

I dosnt know Ricky Gervais posted here.

Ricky just saying what we've all been thinking.

Millionaires, actors, entertainers, politicians, etc... they live in different worlds from the rest of us.
Some of them came up from the trenches, and maintain at least some perspective.
But for the most part, their opinions don't mean shit.
7 days ago
5/22/05

The irony of people that elected a guy from a reality tv show complaining about celebrities in politics 

2/27/13

Is OP actually Ricky Gervais?

EDIT: I was way late with that one lol.

1/1/01

If I ever find out any of your are really famous, you will receive no mercy. Your discomfort will make my life will feel bigger than my cholesterol. 

7 days ago
5/14/08
banco - 

The irony of people that elected a guy from a reality tv show complaining about celebrities in politics 

I didnt vote for Trump and I cant stand celebrities telling me what I should think in regards to politics. 

7 days ago
1/1/01
banco - 

Why is that ironic?  

Trump doesn't treat half the country with disdain.  He doesn't call them things like "deplorables."  

Some celebrities use their notoriety to lecture and criticize, and sometimes worse, a lot of those people who helped make them famous.  That's not being "in politics," that's just being a cunt.     

People generally don't care if celebrities have a different viewpoint, they just don't want to be told they are bad people for not sharing the celebrity's viewpoint since celebrities wouldn't be famous without all those people having watched and listened to their product. 

7/13/09

Dear fly over country, youve been saying this stupid shit since the 50s and yet still are the people who buy all the people Magazines and watch TMZ that gives these actors the self importance they feel. 

Furthermore, if you stopped sending your flyover children to flyover colleges that teach them to be communists they wouldn't come to California and fuck our politics up. To quote a great Midwesterner named George Clooney:
"People in Hollywood, for the most part, are people from the Midwest who moved to Hollywood to have a career. So this idea of 'coastal elites' living in a bubble is ridiculous."

Maybe if you raised your children better they wouldn't be out here living their "truth" in such an obnoxious and communist manner. But we all know you will ignore this fact because this "TRUTH" hurts you podunk flyover types. 

The fact is that Hollywood has always been commie and it's you Midwest, Texas, redneck dipshits types that are the ones who keep them and things like the British Royal Family extremely well paid by buying up all the magazines and watching all the TV shows and movies they make....Thank You 

7 days ago
5/22/05
Trust - 
banco - 

Why is that ironic?  

Trump doesn't treat half the country with disdain.  He doesn't call them things like "deplorables."  

Some celebrities use their notoriety to lecture and criticize, and sometimes worse, a lot of those people who helped make them famous.  That's not being "in politics," that's just being a cunt.     

People generally don't care if celebrities have a different viewpoint, they just don't want to be told they are bad people for not sharing the celebrity's viewpoint since celebrities wouldn't be famous without all those people having watched and listened to their product. 

It's ironic because the right doesn't seem to have a problem with celebrities being in politics. Instead they have a problem with what celebrities say about politics.

In any case I think (with some exceptions) celebrities don't say things that suggest disdain for half the country. Unless you think opposition to Trump necessarily indicates disdain for half the country.

7 days ago
8/31/18
banco -
Trust - 
banco - 

Why is that ironic?  

It's ironic because the right doesn't seem to have a problem with celebrities being in politics. Instead they have a problem with what celebrities say about politics.

In any case I think (with some exceptions) celebrities don't say things that suggest disdain for half the country. Unless you think opposition to Trump necessarily indicates disdain for half the country.

You mean like when dudes here try to pretend kid rock is a talented musician who kept it real?

7 days ago
11/24/07
Trust -
banco - 

Why is that ironic?  

"Trump doesn't treat half the country with disdain"

He doesn't? That's pretty much all he's done is treat anyone associated with the democrat party or liberal ideals or even opposing anything he does with disdain.

Where have you been? (And if you're counting Hilary characterizing trump's supporters as half the country then anyone not supporting trump can be counted the same) 

7 days ago
1/1/01
banco - 
Trust - 
banco - 

Why is that ironic?  

There is a big difference in the amount of vocal right wing celebs in office than the vocal left wing.

7 days ago
9/23/07

Pirate movies, buy books. 

7 days ago
3/18/02

lol @ 'starting' to hate

7 days ago
12/22/18

Lol@Hollywood being midwesterners. Its Jew playland with all the hoes and twinks that gave up the ass on the casting couch

7 days ago
9/26/10

just lol@ the disingenuous angle of referring to Trump as just a reality tv star. the guy was being touted as a presidential candidate by oprah back in 1988 for fucks sake. 

7 days ago
10/31/19

I used to go at least once a week to go see a movie, now it's rare if I go once a month. Too many turds of a movie out there, which btw includes TV shows. 

5/22/05
ufc98newb - 

just lol@ the disingenuous angle of referring to Trump as just a reality tv star. the guy was being touted as a presidential candidate by oprah back in 1988 for fucks sake. 

The apprentice resurrected his profile. It convinced the midwesterners etc. that he was a brilliant businessman. "Oh Mr Trump I saw him on TV getting out of his limousine"