OtherGround Forums Dear cancer: f you. Sincerely: mbns

2/19/18 2:07 PM
5/28/02

anti-cancer vaccine hitchiking on albumin to elicit immune response:

https://www.nibib.nih.gov/news-events/newsroom/engineers-use-natural-protein-nanoshuttle-anti-cancer-vaccines

3/1/18 2:38 PM
5/28/02

bacteria say "fuck you skin cancer"

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/03/180301103701.htm

3/5/18 1:14 AM
2/15/05
LiveToFightInc -
CaptainNemo -
LiveToFightInc - 2 time cancer survivor here. Now dealing with long term effects to my heart and lungs from chemotherapy and radiation. It's easy to take breathing for granted. But I'm alive so boy do I feel lucky. Worked as a lab tech so loving the journals posted.
If anyone needs to talk to someone who's got plenty of experience let me know.
Keep kicking ass y'all.
Kristen :)

War Kristen!

Thanks Captain!
Helwig and McSurly- so very sorry for your losses. And WAR- Judy!!

For me-
No one talks about the long term side effects and damage that treatments can do to you. Don't get me wrong- im cancer free and Im beyond grateful. But just because the cancer is gone doesnt mean its over. Far from it.
I had Hodgkins Disease and then Breast. I now have damage to my heart and lungs from the radiation and chemotherapy. Over the past few weeks Ive spent 15 days in the hospital. Sucks bc i had a charity I was started and I went back into school for nursing. Im unable to do either now. Im now on Oxygen. A few years ago I was training BJJ and finally got my blue belt. Now I have a hard time walking up the stairs. Its pretty crazy. We hoping heart surgery to fix the damaged valve will help. No one knows whats going on with me bc ive fallen off the face of the earth with my friends, my social life, social media etc. I have no idea why im writing this, i think i just needed to vent.
Fuck Cancer..
Kristen

. I’m sorry you’re having a difficult time. You are an amazing person with a great heart and we’re all here for you. My number hasn’t changed if you ever need an ear

3/10/18 6:02 PM
1/21/14

Ttt

3/11/18 2:34 PM
5/28/02

pip stop maddafaccas!!

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2018-03/uoaf-mrf030818.php

3/19/18 11:58 AM
6/22/03
Good news - I'm officially in remission. I had stage 4 lymphoma, and found out last week that the treatments worked. My oncologist told me that the chance of a relapse is low, only about 10 to 15%. I'm sure glad guys like MBN are out there on the front lines of this fight.

I think I'm going to request a SN change to "Lazarus".
3/19/18 3:06 PM
5/28/02

^ awesome news alley! thank you for the kind words, but there are probably on the order of tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thoisands of mbns working on this. if you include the principal investigators, researchers, support staff, postdocs, etc. it adds up fast!

i think the trick is to stay focused on my tiny slice of the work. thst and lots of coffee. i'll keep at it, you keep the good news coming!

3/20/18 9:36 AM
5/28/02

for anyone wanting to see the immense effort mbns out up in this fight, please watch the 2 minute vid here

https://www.sbpdiscovery.org/news/beaker-blog/cancer-immunology-symposium-highlights-hot-area-cancer-research

3/23/18 10:10 AM
6/22/03
Cool stuff, MBN. Hats off to modern medicine. Science saved my life!

It's recovery time for me now. I lost almost 50 pounds during my illness and my resting heartbeat shot up by about 25 beats per minute. Most worrisome of all, my bench press has dropped to under 400 lbs. The horror.
3/23/18 11:02 AM
5/28/02

damn! i can maube bench 135 10x. maybe...

good thing im ruggedly handsome!

3/23/18 9:10 PM
6/22/03
My dick shrunk to 11 inches, too. Inexplicable.
3/23/18 9:24 PM
6/27/09
Lazarus - My dick shrunk to 11 inches, too. Inexplicable.

Around?

3/26/18 11:57 AM
5/28/02

tasigna approved to treat rare pediatric leukemia. fuck you cancer.

https://www.novartis.com/news/media-releases/novartis-drug-tasignar-approved-fda-treat-children-rare-form-leukemia

3/26/18 12:07 PM
1/9/02

you keep being a warrior against cancer MBN and Ill keep being an internet warrior

we all have to do our part

3/26/18 10:42 PM
1/1/01
Hey mbn, have you heard of Low Dose Naltrexone? What's your thoughts on it?

If anyone has an hour to spare this is interesting stuff: https://vimeo.com/168562089
4/18/18 11:34 AM
5/28/02

keytruda + chemo more than doubkes lung cancer survival. (bonus if you had stock in merck)

https://nyulangone.org/press-releases/combination-of-pembrolizumab-and-chemotherapy-doubles-survival-in-patients-with-metastatic-lung-cancer

5/16/18 9:40 AM
5/28/02

Canucks fuck cancer... with a pretty flower

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/05/180503142809.htm

5/16/18 11:28 AM
6/22/03
Neat stuff, MBN. I had vincristine (analogue of vinblastine) in my treatment. I didn't know that chemists needed 500 kg of dried flower leaves to get 1 g of vinblastine. That's a hell of a lot of flowers!
5/16/18 11:38 AM
1/5/11

Wife going for a simple mastectomy on Monday. She has her primary tumor visible only right now. She remains on immunotherapy, and the tumor seems stable.

She is stage 4, so we know it will show up somewhere, but we are happy to even have the opportunity for a mastectomy. They will do another surgery at end of summer to place a permanent implant. There will be a temp implant placed during the surgery Monday.

I don't really care if she gets an implant. I'm getting old. To be honest, 2 tits are a lot to keep occupied as I age. I'm 46. I'd do better if I could just concentrate on slapping just one around, ya know?

Seriously, this is a good surgery for us. She is stable enough to have it. Cheers for your work, MBN!

Heading to SD in end of summer. Might hit you up for tips.

5/16/18 12:12 PM
5/28/02

I’ll give you just the tip, just for a minute... just to see how it feels

5/16/18 2:22 PM
6/25/13
choadler -

Wife going for a simple mastectomy on Monday. She has her primary tumor visible only right now. She remains on immunotherapy, and the tumor seems stable.

She is stage 4, so we know it will show up somewhere, but we are happy to even have the opportunity for a mastectomy. They will do another surgery at end of summer to place a permanent implant. There will be a temp implant placed during the surgery Monday.

I don't really care if she gets an implant. I'm getting old. To be honest, 2 tits are a lot to keep occupied as I age. I'm 46. I'd do better if I could just concentrate on slapping just one around, ya know?

Seriously, this is a good surgery for us. She is stable enough to have it. Cheers for your work, MBN!

Good luck to you and your wife. She must be doing pretty good of they are going to do the surgery. Your attitude is awesome and I'm sure your support is so helpful. I had it back in 2013. The drains are a bitch and the expanders are a little uncomfortable. They are like Reebok pumps for your boobs. Just pump them up! Your chest feels tight and uncomfortable, like someone's constantly giving you a bearhug. The surgery can mess with your head and all the ideals of womanhood bullshit and having a supportive partner is huge. If your wife or you ever want to talk let me know. Krs10ko@Hotmail.com Best of luck!!

5/17/18 10:37 AM
1/5/11
LiveToFightInc -
choadler -

Good luck to you and your wife. She must be doing pretty good of they are going to do the surgery. Your attitude is awesome and I'm sure your support is so helpful. I had it back in 2013. The drains are a bitch and the expanders are a little uncomfortable. They are like Reebok pumps for your boobs. Just pump them up! Your chest feels tight and uncomfortable, like someone's constantly giving you a bearhug. The surgery can mess with your head and all the ideals of womanhood bullshit and having a supportive partner is huge. If your wife or you ever want to talk let me know. Krs10ko@Hotmail.com Best of luck!!

Hi Kristen. Really appreciate the offer to talk. We are lucky in that we have a lot of friends and family that I with us every step of the way. We are very well covered from any kind of support standpoint. Always could use a few good thoughts and prayers though!

She will have a long summer, but she works in the school system. She works tomorrow, as surgery Monday, then she's off until September. After surgery, there won't be any visible cancer in her body. We know it's the underlying, she is stage 4, but it's a mental victory. We take We take any victory we can get! Thanks!

5/22/18 6:51 PM
5/28/02

Smarter cancer drugs from balls!   (Of cells)

https://www.scripps.edu/news/press/2018/20180514-cancer-tumor-drug.html

5/23/18 3:50 AM
6/25/13
choadler -
LiveToFightInc -
choadler -

Hi Kristen. Really appreciate the offer to talk. We are lucky in that we have a lot of friends and family that I with us every step of the way. We are very well covered from any kind of support standpoint. Always could use a few good thoughts and prayers though!

She will have a long summer, but she works in the school system. She works tomorrow, as surgery Monday, then she's off until September. After surgery, there won't be any visible cancer in her body. We know it's the underlying, she is stage 4, but it's a mental victory. We take We take any victory we can get! Thanks!

I tried sending u a message, but don't know if it went thru. How did it go??  I hope she's recovering good and I hope you're doing good too. Sending good vibes your way.. 

5/28/18 7:39 AM
1/5/11
LiveToFightInc -
choadler -
LiveToFightInc -
choadler -

I tried sending u a message, but don't know if it went thru. How did it go??  I hope she's recovering good and I hope you're doing good too. Sending good vibes your way.. 

Hey. Didn't check msgs, will today. I use the app.

Surgery went well. Primary tumor removed, no visible disease remains. All of the nodes in that area were soft, visibly looked clear. No nodes remain.

That being said, we got some labs back from a few days before surgery. I believe her CEA level doubled, from normal level to outside normal. That scares the shit out of me.

I'm hoping that it was her primary tumor heating up, and now it is removed. I'm sure she has plenty of fine disease, but hoping now that the tumor in question is sitting in a bucket somewhere, things cool down. Antibody treatment continues. Time will tell. Next lab results may be telling.

Pain level is under control, so thats good. Day by day with this shit I know it will get her eventually, she is stage 4, but time is everything.