OtherGround Forums Dear cancer: f you. Sincerely: mbns

2/12/18 5:44 PM
8/20/03
microbiologynerd - 

direct attack on lymohomas. fuck you cancer

https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2018/01/cancer-vaccine-eliminates-tumors-in-mice.html

oh snap...IT IS ON!

2/12/18 5:53 PM
6/27/09

Niiice

2/12/18 6:05 PM
1/3/18

Would literally love to find a way to hear cancer cells scream in pain as they’re being eradicated. 

2/12/18 6:24 PM
5/2/02

Fuck Cancer!!!!

2/12/18 7:30 PM
1/5/11

Fuck cancer indeed.

2/12/18 8:55 PM
6/25/13
2 time cancer survivor here. Now dealing with long term effects to my heart and lungs from chemotherapy and radiation. It's easy to take breathing for granted. But I'm alive so boy do I feel lucky. Worked as a lab tech so loving the journals posted.
If anyone needs to talk to someone who's got plenty of experience let me know.
Keep kicking ass y'all.
Kristen :)
2/12/18 8:55 PM
3/6/10

I was recently restaged to 4. Rectal moved to liver. Getting a resection on the 20th. Feel great, cured is still on the table, dana farber docs are optomistic. Keep Discovering!

2/12/18 11:01 PM
1/1/01
HogWatcher - 

I was recently restaged to 4. Rectal moved to liver. Getting a resection on the 20th. Feel great, cured is still on the table, dana farber docs are optomistic. Keep Discovering!

Best wishes and stay strong brother!
2/13/18 12:54 PM
5/28/02

attn: cancer, re: you shouldve gone quietly. 

unleashing the fedor/jon jones hybrid on you

https://www.biotechniques.com/biotechniques/BiotechniquesJournal/2018/January/PART-I-FIGHTING-CANCER-WITH-DEADLY-BACTERIA/biotechniques-366594.html

2/13/18 12:55 PM
5/28/02

https://www.biotechniques.com/biotechniques/BiotechniquesJournal/2018/January/PART-II-BREAKTHROUGHS-IN-TUMOR-SEEKING-BACTERIA/biotechniques-366596.html

2/13/18 1:44 PM
5/28/02

fuck you lung cancer

https://seekingalpha-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/seekingalpha.com/amp/article/4143408-bristol-myers-squibb-makes-enormous-advance-first-line-lung-cancer

2/13/18 3:05 PM
8/20/03
LiveToFightInc - 2 time cancer survivor here. Now dealing with long term effects to my heart and lungs from chemotherapy and radiation. It's easy to take breathing for granted. But I'm alive so boy do I feel lucky. Worked as a lab tech so loving the journals posted.
Keep kicking ass y'all.

War Kristen!

Edited: 2/13/18 8:59 PM
7/22/05
An email from my mom to all my extended family. She just recently found out she has breast cancer. I'm hopeful. The hospital she's at is one of Canada's best. My mom is a saint, her whole life is revolved around volunteer work. She’s won a lot of awards in Toronto. So yeah... cancer is a cruel b*tch.

Reading this email breaks my heart.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello all,

Just want to provide you with an update.  
I have just come back from meeting with the medical oncologists. I will be starting the chemo next Tuesday and it will be weekly for 12 weeks. I also have to take another medication for HER2 (tested as positive for my cancer). This is a drug that will take a full year and it is once every 3 weeks through IV with no side effect. It may weaken my heart though which they will closely monitor. 

The chemo is supposed to be mild, given in small dosage and be given more frequent. So I will not experience major side effects. I will lose hair though which I am ok with it. 

Now I have a plan and I am much more relaxed. They also asked me if I am willing for them to take extra blood during blood work in this period for them to help with research. I immediately say ‘yes’ as it can help others. I am remaining positive. 

After the 12 chemos I need to wait a month and then have the surgery to remove the nearly invisible lumps (hopefully).  

I am being looking after very well by Princess Margaret’s medical team. I look forward to celebrate summer with you. By the way the doctor told me to live a regular normal life and I will.  

Thank you for your prayers and support. 
Love
Judy"
2/13/18 4:14 PM
1/23/18
andyman011 -
TheNormal -

People who claim Big Pharma is suppressing some kind of magic cure misunderstand what cancer is, what big pharma is and how cancer treatment works.

Cancer is you, it isn't foreign so it's incredibly difficult to treat with conventional drugs without mildly poisoning the patient. Only with the advent of cutting edge diagnostics and cutting edge genetic/immunotherapies does the chances of success increase and the side effects decrease.

Not a magic cure, but they know how to kill it but they'd rather suppress it. There's no money in a cure, theres tons of money from constant treatment.

lol at saying there is no money in a cure, as if the cure is free.

2/13/18 5:07 PM
5/28/02

pm sent card... hopefully. droid app can act weird.

2/13/18 8:32 PM
6/22/03
Good luck to your Mom, Card. Princess Margaret is indeed the best cancer hospital in Canada. She will have her best odds there.
2/13/18 8:56 PM
7/22/05

mbn - I passed on your tip to my mom. Thanks guys.

2/13/18 11:01 PM
5/28/03

Just lost someone tonight. Horrible.

2/14/18 12:16 AM
2/15/05
HELWIG -

Sorry to hear. 

2/14/18 3:59 AM
10/28/16
Card -
An email from my mom to all my extended family. She just recently found out she has breast cancer. I'm hopeful. The hospital she's at is one of Canada's best. My mom is a saint, her whole life is revolved around volunteer work. She’s won a lot of awards in Toronto. So yeah... cancer is a cruel b*tch.

Reading this email breaks my heart.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello all,

Just want to provide you with an update.  
I have just come back from meeting with the medical oncologists. I will be starting the chemo next Tuesday and it will be weekly for 12 weeks. I also have to take another medication for HER2 (tested as positive for my cancer). This is a drug that will take a full year and it is once every 3 weeks through IV with no side effect. It may weaken my heart though which they will closely monitor. 

The chemo is supposed to be mild, given in small dosage and be given more frequent. So I will not experience major side effects. I will lose hair though which I am ok with it. 

Now I have a plan and I am much more relaxed. They also asked me if I am willing for them to take extra blood during blood work in this period for them to help with research. I immediately say ‘yes’ as it can help others. I am remaining positive. 

After the 12 chemos I need to wait a month and then have the surgery to remove the nearly invisible lumps (hopefully).  

I am being looking after very well by Princess Margaret’s medical team. I look forward to celebrate summer with you. By the way the doctor told me to live a regular normal life and I will.  

Thank you for your prayers and support. 
Love
Judy"

Damn ur a cool guy sorry to read this

WAR JUDY!!!

2/14/18 4:07 AM
6/17/11
HELWIG - 

Same here. Brutal fashion, my pal was a stick when he finally passed. He was a warrior though, I will forever view how he dealt with his affliction so stoically in the highest regard. I can only hope to have a fraction of his courage when my time comes.
2/14/18 2:58 PM
5/28/02

happy valentine's day henley

https://i.imgur.com/Uq9mfg4.png

2/14/18 3:08 PM
7/22/05

My mom got this response: "Unfortunately, we (Canada) do not have sc Herceptin yet."

2/14/18 3:46 PM
5/28/02
Card -

My mom got this response: "Unfortunately, we (Canada) do not have sc Herceptin yet."

no one does. 

well, not yet anyway. i should get back to work and off the og

2/14/18 11:27 PM
6/25/13
CaptainNemo -
LiveToFightInc - 2 time cancer survivor here. Now dealing with long term effects to my heart and lungs from chemotherapy and radiation. It's easy to take breathing for granted. But I'm alive so boy do I feel lucky. Worked as a lab tech so loving the journals posted.
Keep kicking ass y'all.

War Kristen!

Thanks Captain!
Helwig and McSurly- so very sorry for your losses. And WAR- Judy!!

For me-
No one talks about the long term side effects and damage that treatments can do to you. Don't get me wrong- im cancer free and Im beyond grateful. But just because the cancer is gone doesnt mean its over. Far from it.
I had Hodgkins Disease and then Breast. I now have damage to my heart and lungs from the radiation and chemotherapy. Over the past few weeks Ive spent 15 days in the hospital. Sucks bc i had a charity I was started and I went back into school for nursing. Im unable to do either now. Im now on Oxygen. A few years ago I was training BJJ and finally got my blue belt. Now I have a hard time walking up the stairs. Its pretty crazy. We hoping heart surgery to fix the damaged valve will help. No one knows whats going on with me bc ive fallen off the face of the earth with my friends, my social life, social media etc. I have no idea why im writing this, i think i just needed to vent.
Fuck Cancer..
Kristen