OtherGround Forums Defund the Universities

18 days ago
12/26/05

Defund the universities.

Defund these programs.  They aren't hard to target.

Defund them.

These things only exist because your tax payer dollars are given to them. 

Defund them.  

Call your congressman.  Demand this.  Go to RNC meetings and demand this. Write it on your social media.  

Defund this shit.

18 days ago
3/20/15

Smart man...

17 days ago
12/5/17

Dave Caves to cancel culture

Edited: 17 days ago
4/13/12

Yeah, instead of standing up and protesting bad ideas inside higher education, let's just shut them all down.

Throwing dumber at stupid.

17 days ago
3/21/12
Never understood the right funding this stuff which they've known was toxic and undermining the country for 50 years.
4/13/12
TzTinkle - Never understood the right funding this stuff which they've known was toxic and undermining the country for 50 years.

Because University is essential to society.  Not everything that higher education produces is garbage.  In fact, most of the ultra liberal ideas that come out of it is highly criticized within it.  Always has been.

12/17/06
EFM - 

Yeah, instead of standing up and protesting bad ideas inside higher education, let's just shut them all down.

They've already shut down those who disagree with them. Won't even let them speak.

Defund them. Let them survive on their own merits or not at all.

Then... after a while... revisit it. They act like children. They've gotta be dealt with like children.

17 days ago
12/26/05
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -

Cancel culture? 

This is tax dollars.  They can do all the cult shit they want, but it's going to finally be on their own dime.

4/13/12
Altofsky -
EFM - 

They've already shut down those who disagree with them. Won't even let them speak.

Defund them. Let them survive on their own merits or not at all.

Then... after a while... revisit it. They act like children. They've gotta be dealt with like children.

The most liberal (with a few exceptions) are private.  What are you suggesting?

17 days ago
7/10/02
EFM - 

You shut down money sources that come from "evil capitalists" and "evil rich White men", that's all. It'll hurt, bad, but shouldn't cripple them... if they wake up. Maybe they'll chill out.

More to the point, maybe the administrators will grow some backbone and stand up to the stupid demands of leftist censor-maniac students, and not let indoctrination leftist ideologues teach unabated. So they can still get money. Why pay to fund an army of your enemies?

17 days ago
5/3/01

it's almost as if the monied factions on the right have different aims, values and incentives as the rank and file voters that keep them and their political exponents in power

17 days ago
4/20/11

How someone like this doesn't lose their job is beyond me. Imagine saying that in corporate America as a white person about any other race?! 

12/26/05
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -

I'll also go ahead and point this out, you actually ignore how absolutely grotesque the content of the tweet is.

If this was a person in authority saying this about anybody else, you would be horrified that person is given a position of intellectual prominence. But you aren't, are you?  It's not even really something you notice.

I'd point out through the horsefuckery of postmodern thought, you could quite literally create an ethnocentrism studies department and teach people the values of Nazism and fascism "from the ethno-centric lens of the superior race"...it would hold equal academic merit.  You could use critical theory to tear down the illusion of equality under the law, and "re-colonialize" the inferior races that clearly cannot properly manage themselves.

You would be shitting yourself and calling for literal murder, and RIGHTLY so because that's batshit fucking crazytown... on this? 

Don't even notice...what about academic freedom amirite?

4/13/12
Sprawl'n'Stall -
EFM - 

You shut down money sources that come from "evil capitalists" and "evil rich White men", that's all. It'll hurt, bad, but shouldn't cripple them... if they wake up. Maybe they'll chill out.

More to the point, maybe the administrators will grow some backbone and stand up to the stupid demands of leftist censor-maniac students, and not let indoctrination leftist ideologues teach unabated. So they can still get money. Why pay to fund an army of your enemies?

Again, defunding higher education isn't the smartest idea.  Decreasing access drives up costs and competition to lower prices schools.  We need more education in this country not less.  If you don't like what's being taught, change the curriculum.

And as I mentioned above, the most liberal shit is coming out of private institutions specifically very wealthy ones that don't really need the de minimus funding they get.

12/5/17
CavemanDave -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -

I'll also go ahead and point this out, you actually ignore how absolutely grotesque the content of the tweet is.

If this was a person in authority saying this about anybody else, you would be horrified that person is given a position of intellectual prominence. But you aren't, are you?  It's not even really something you notice.

I'd point out through the horsefuckery of postmodern thought, you could quite literally create an ethnocentrism studies department and teach people the values of Nazism and fascism "from the ethno-centric lens of the superior race"...it would hold equal academic merit.  You could use critical theory to tear down the illusion of equality under the law, and "re-colonialize" the inferior races that clearly cannot properly manage themselves.

You would be shitting yourself and calling for literal murder, and RIGHTLY so because that's batshit fucking crazytown... on this? 

I don't tend to get triggered by random people on Twitter, Dave. That seems to be a hobby for you. 

I'm also comfortable contending with uncomfortable views in an academic setting.

17 days ago
4/13/12
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
CavemanDave -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -

I don't tend to get triggered by random people on Twitter, Dave. That seems to be a hobby for you. 

I'm also comfortable contending with uncomfortable views in an academic setting.

Not to mention, those in European schools.

17 days ago
12/26/05
Willin -

How someone like this doesn't lose their job is beyond me. Imagine saying that in corporate America as a white person about any other race?! 

These people should be condemned and ostracized with every tool available. 

This isn't a bad hot take. It's not a mistake.  It's a destructive ideology causing mass hysteria, violence, and unhinged political movement.

4/13/12
CavemanDave -
Willin -

This isn't a bad hot take. It's not a mistake.  It's a destructive ideology causing mass hysteria, violence, and unhinged political movement.

Aren't you American?  Seriously, are you that much of an isolationist that you're that afraid of what's going on in the fringe of foreign education?

12/26/05
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
CavemanDave -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -

So you would be cool a legion of programs pushing fascism and Nazism in every state sponsored establishment of higher learning,  huh?   Taxpayer funds going to that is cool, right?

PSL I don't think i've ever said this to you before...

you're a liar.   

If this is your actual claim nobody should trade with you fairly, because this is an obvious lie.

17 days ago
12/26/05
EFM -
CavemanDave -
Willin -

Aren't you American?  Seriously, are you that much of an isolationist that you're that afraid of what's going on in the fringe of foreign education?

This is going on across the western world.   This isn't an isolated incident, this is a pattern that exists across the US university system for certain.

17 days ago
4/19/09

Has anyone doxed her? What’s her address?

17 days ago
12/5/17
CavemanDave -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
CavemanDave -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -

So you would be cool a legion of programs pushing fascism and Nazism in every state sponsored establishment of higher learning,  huh?   Taxpayer funds going to that is cool, right?

PSL I don't think i've ever said this to you before...

you're a liar.   

If this is your actual claim nobody should trade with you fairly, because this is an obvious lie.

You're upset because critical race theory gets more traction in universities than Fascism and Nazism? 

I don't think there are as many adherents to those ideologies as there are post-modernists, or post post-modernists. They also don't tend to be the thinkers that value working in an academic setting, but if your principles require a level playing field: sure. I support that. 

Maybe we can take more tax-payer revenue to incentivize Nazis to devote themselves to tenure-track programs and the like.

17 days ago
12/26/05
TzTinkle - Never understood the right funding this stuff which they've known was toxic and undermining the country for 50 years.

I would have no issue defunding the university system entirely at the federal level.  I'd have no issue with dismantling the state university system where I live if this is what my money, and the money of my community is paying for. 

There is no "right to funds to universities" in either the federal or state constitution.

You want to talk about de-construction?  there's your de-construction.  Start with gutting funding for these programs and if they persist, gut the university funding entirely. 

Any single person on the right who doesn't favor this course of action is either blind or stupid.  

17 days ago
12/5/17
CavemanDave -
Willin -

Well fuck... don't blame liberals or universities. I know for certain you take seriously the viral Yuri Bezmenov video.

Blame the KGB, bro. 

17 days ago
4/13/12
CavemanDave -
EFM -
CavemanDave -
Willin -

This is going on across the western world.   This isn't an isolated incident, this is a pattern that exists across the US university system for certain.

Yet you post a fringe professor at an extremely elite  foreign school and poitn to the west in general.  Hard to take you seriously.

As I mentioned above, in most of the west this is happening moreso at private schools and the ideas aren't WIDELY accepted.  There are plenty of rational people in University life.

Youre pushing an ideologue agenda.  It's a bit of a fools errand today don't you think?