OtherGround Forums Didn't get y ppl are anti-mask until I saw this

9/18/20 10:02 AM
8/6/08

9/18/20 10:18 AM
11/1/03

What does that have to do with masks?

9/18/20 10:22 AM
5/27/11

Wearing a mask for a matter of minutes to prevent the spread of potentially fatal droplets doesn't negatively affect my self- respect or my soul in any way. I feel sorry for those so fragile that would experience that. Weird video.

9/18/20 10:33 AM
9/23/07

Douglas Murray is awesome, can’t wait to see the full episode.

Great points made in that clip.

9/18/20 11:45 AM
4/1/15
jpm995 -

What does that have to do with masks?

Wow, you’re not bright. 

9/18/20 12:00 PM
1/1/01
DirtyTrevorUK - 

Wearing a mask for a matter of minutes to prevent the spread of potentially fatal droplets doesn't negatively affect my self- respect or my soul in any way. I feel sorry for those so fragile that would experience that. Weird video.

Then I presume you'll be wearing a mask for the rest of your life???

You do realize that there are people all over the world who have compromised immune systems, cystic fibrosis, chemo patients, elderly people, etc, etc who are at HIGH RISK all the time?

YOU could be killing them by giving them flu, strep, etc, etc...hell even your common cold could KILL them.

WHY AREN'T YOU DEMANDING THE PERMANENT, MANDATORY WEARING OF MASKS FOR THE REST OF ETERNITY?!?!??!?!?!?!

Oh wait. That would be ridiculous, right?

The truth is that You've been duped by politicians and activists that you need to let the government control EVERYTHING.

As long as they can convince you that you MUST wear the mask, you'll allow them to close down businesses, and make you more dependent.
9/18/20 12:07 PM
1/5/11

Thats it, dirty Trev got a lifetime mask. Who else wants one?!?!

Guys, if you are scared, mask up. If you are scared, stay home. Everyone is cool with that. Don't expect full or any pay from your employee. Safety is key, right? Do what you feel safe with. No one will knock you for wearing one.

9/18/20 12:23 PM
5/13/11
billyball2 -
DirtyTrevorUK - 

You do realize that there are people all over the world who have compromised immune systems, cystic fibrosis, chemo patients, elderly people, etc, etc who are at HIGH RISK all the time?

YOU could be killing them by giving them flu, strep, etc, etc...hell even your common cold could KILL them.

WHY AREN'T YOU DEMANDING THE PERMANENT, MANDATORY WEARING OF MASKS FOR THE REST OF ETERNITY?!?!??!?!?!?!

The truth is that You've been duped by politicians and activists that you need to let the government control EVERYTHING.

As long as they can convince you that you MUST wear the mask, you'll allow them to close down businesses, and make you more dependent.

So woke bro. So woke!

/s

Your idiotic slippery slope argument is weak as fuck. 

9/18/20 1:15 PM
6/3/09

The entire premise of the argument in the video is wrong.  The truth doesn’t depend on whether someone likes you and wants you to do well or not.  Let’s look at a simplified example; if I tell you 2 + 2 = 4, that’s not true based on my feelings about you.  Either it is or it isn’t.  Now, it gets more complicated as we expand that to topics such as masks.  There is evidence to support that wearing a mask can limit the spread of COVID-19, the amount varying with the type of mask.  

The health authorities that recommend wearing a mask do not know you.  They do not wish you to do poorly.

9/18/20 1:53 PM
12/29/06

I-I-I-I-I don't listen to ponces and dandies who stutter. Fsk this guy.

9/18/20 2:05 PM
1/1/01
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
billyball2 -
DirtyTrevorUK - 

So woke bro. So woke!

/s

Not as weak as your desperation to be as woke as possible and wear your mask as a sign of "unity" and "compassion" you retard...
9/18/20 2:10 PM
3/17/14
Curtis_E_Bare -

The entire premise of the argument in the video is wrong.  The truth doesn’t depend on whether someone likes you and wants you to do well or not.  Let’s look at a simplified example; if I tell you 2 + 2 = 4, that’s not true based on my feelings about you.  Either it is or it isn’t.  Now, it gets more complicated as we expand that to topics such as masks.  There is evidence to support that wearing a mask can limit the spread of COVID-19, the amount varying with the type of mask.  

The health authorities that recommend wearing a mask do not know you.  They do not wish you to do poorly.

I think you missed a key point. Who gets to say what is true? Who has that power. Let's use your 2+2=4 example is that true? Only sometimes. Its not an absolute truth just like wearing the mask is not an absolute truth.

9/18/20 2:11 PM
5/13/11
billyball2 -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
billyball2 -
DirtyTrevorUK - 

So woke bro. So woke!

/s

Not as weak as your desperation to be as woke as possible and wear your mask as a sign of "unity" and "compassion" you retard...

Oh lookie, you made yet another false assumption to try and be super woke!  You're killing it bro! Deep STATE! Control! The overlords! 

Grow up you fucking idiot. 

9/18/20 2:16 PM
1/1/01

I do plan on wearing a mask in public places and crowds forever. Especially as i get older.

Fuck getting the flu, or even a cold. That shit is for the birds. 

I havent had so much as a headache or runny nose since i started wearing a mask. I like it.

9/18/20 2:53 PM
3/20/12
dangerboy12 - 

I do plan on wearing a mask in public places and crowds forever. Especially as i get older.

I havent had so much as a headache or runny nose since i started wearing a mask. I like it.

If you didn't feel that way about masks pre "covid" then you sir have just been programmed.

9/18/20 2:57 PM
5/13/11
Rambo John J -
dangerboy12 - 

If you didn't feel that way about masks pre "covid" then you sir have just been programmed.

Or, as he clearly spelled out in his post, he found out for himself that wearing the mask has helped him personally not get sick, and he likes it. Crazy concept.

9/18/20 3:01 PM
5/13/11

9/18/20 3:03 PM
4/11/14
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
billyball2 -
DirtyTrevorUK - 

So woke bro. So woke!

/s

When will you stop wearing the mask?

9/18/20 3:05 PM
1/1/01
Rambo John J -
dangerboy12 - 

Nope. Im going by personal experience.

If i continue to go through life without even getting the sniffles, i'll directly contribute that to the mask, and continue to wear the mask.

If i catch the flu and get shut down for days, the mask goes in the trash.

9/18/20 3:12 PM
2/11/03
Positive Energy - 
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
billyball2 -
DirtyTrevorUK - 

So woke bro. So woke!

/s

When we have a properly vetted vaccine, until then it really isn't that hard to wear a mask when i go to the grocery store or buy something at a gas station.

Dunno why people are so hellbent against it.

If I kill my grandma cause I gave her covid, I would never forgive myself
9/18/20 3:15 PM
1/1/01
Isaac298 -
Positive Energy - 
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
billyball2 -
DirtyTrevorUK - 

So woke bro. So woke!

/s

When we have a properly vetted vaccine, until then it really isn't that hard to wear a mask when i go to the grocery store or buy something at a gas station.

The point is, the mask isnt just covid protection. It protects you and others from many popular communicable illnesses.

You should continue to wear it after the covid scare is over if wearing a mask isnt an inconvenience for you.

9/18/20 3:16 PM
5/13/11
Isaac298 -
Positive Energy - 
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
billyball2 -
DirtyTrevorUK - 

So woke bro. So woke!

/s

Thanks for answering for me. My response would have been slightly different, but close enough. 

9/18/20 3:22 PM
4/11/14
Isaac298 -
Positive Energy - 
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
billyball2 -
DirtyTrevorUK - 

So woke bro. So woke!

/s

So at least a few years minimum?

9/18/20 3:26 PM
2/11/03
Positive Energy - 
Isaac298 -
Positive Energy - 
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
billyball2 -
DirtyTrevorUK - 

So woke bro. So woke!

/s

So at least a few years minimum?

I dont know. Its been at least 6 months since I have been wearing a mask, I dont think its that big of a deal for another year or two. If your comfortable with giving someone you love covid that is old, by all means do your thing

9/18/20 3:39 PM
6/24/07
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Rambo John J -
dangerboy12 - 

Or, as he clearly spelled out in his post, he found out for himself that wearing the mask has helped him personally not get sick, and he likes it. Crazy concept.

All the experts have said that mask wearing does not keep you from getting sick. It keeps you from spreading sickness. Now take your mask off so you can eat my ass.