Edited: 2/16/20 5:30 AM
1/11/17

I think even asking Diego if he could continue was the wrong move. They should have called a DQ right off the bat.
It's one thing when you get a glancing groin shot but the dude kneed him in the head twice, opening up a cut in the process. He basically ended the fight with illegal shots, you shouldn't be sending the other guy back in after that.

The doc or ref should have called the fight regardless of anything Diego said but no one wanted to take responsibility, lets leave it all on the fighter's shoulders. Poor officiating imo.

2/16/20 4:11 AM
8/7/12

I dont know where or who said it but i recall there being a statistic that there is a less then 2% chance that a fighter who had an injury time out went on to win the fight. Maybe it was something Dana said. Fighters that dont use the entire 5 min of recovery time have an abysmal record at winning

2/16/20 4:18 AM
3/10/13

My name's Josh?

2/16/20 4:51 AM
7/12/12
McGregorCouldSmellMyPu**y -
Frank Mir Cat -

Higher fight IQ than Anthony Smith...but he needs to ditch this new style ASAP,  just wrestle these youngsters.

Cartwheel kicks is next level shit, he's just getting started and next fight it'll KO a mother fucker!

Spamming cartwheel kicks...i mean its not something a lot of guys drill i wouldnt imagine.

2/16/20 5:38 AM
1/11/17

On another note, the other dude was terrible. Diego was pretty much a sitting duck waiting to get beaten but Pereira couldn't oblige. For all the jumping and shit, he had only landed a couple of decent shots though-out the fight (until the DQ). The way he started show boating you would think he had put on a clinic. Poor showing from him on multiple levels.

2/16/20 6:22 AM
12/24/18

I was expecting Diego Sanchez to go down as soon as he was touched by a good head strike ,

Props to the other guy to find a way to loose that fight .

2/16/20 6:43 AM
5/15/15
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -
Tim Duncan -

I’m not mad actually.  Smart veteran move but a little cheap imo

Should have been no contest, clearly knee wasn’t intentional 

Do you mean he never meant to throw a knee or he assumed Diego was stood up? 

Either way, he was wrong & therefore it was a DQ.

To be fair, Diego didn't seem to know what hit him at first which was why the ref was making sure he had time to make the decision

2/16/20 6:48 AM
7/2/15

To the Death!!!!

2/16/20 6:54 AM
5/30/08

Yup, took the easy win and money. Won't watch him compete again, he needs to retire, it's been really weird the last fights 

2/16/20 7:31 AM
8/16/17
TheRealFOF -
Tim Duncan -

Not cheap, he used the rules to his advantage, it's there for a reason.

Shit, back in the AAA International Bantam Hockey Tournament our team was up against a team from Sweden, their star player had a split visor half cage on his helmet, he was a phenomenal player, scored like 4 goals in his first game against a really good team, we noticed the top part(visor) was attached by a hinge, so he could lift it at any time but it was tight enough not to be flapping around, anyways, you're cage or visor or mix of both needs to be fastened at all times, we snitched on him to the ref and they ejected him from the game due to faulty equipment. It was a dick move to do but it worked, we won and moved on. 

Good, I'm glad your coward coach taught you guys to be a bunch of faggots. 

2/16/20 7:58 AM
3/14/02
S Dubaya -
trash -
Flyers179 -

Ugh, he didn’t ‘sell it’ at all. He blatantly asked if it was a DQ and didn’t act hurt at all.

’Selling it’ is when you pretend to be too injured to continue when you’re fine.

You're right. He made a calculated decision. 

He did sell it. Listen to the very end of the fight. He said he couldn’t see because of the knee and the blood. 

S Dubaya, I can't see where you're going with this... I have blood in my eye. 

I stand corrected. On the post fight show, when they showed the dialogue between Diego and the ref/physician, he definitely sold it. 

2/16/20 7:59 AM
6/3/08

I approve. 

Edited: 2/16/20 8:22 AM
10/19/12
Competitive Architecture -
TheRealFOF -
Tim Duncan -

Shit, back in the AAA International Bantam Hockey Tournament our team was up against a team from Sweden, their star player had a split visor half cage on his helmet, he was a phenomenal player, scored like 4 goals in his first game against a really good team, we noticed the top part(visor) was attached by a hinge, so he could lift it at any time but it was tight enough not to be flapping around, anyways, you're cage or visor or mix of both needs to be fastened at all times, we snitched on him to the ref and they ejected him from the game due to faulty equipment. It was a dick move to do but it worked, we won and moved on. 

Good, I'm glad your coward coach taught you guys to be a bunch of faggots. 

I like how he says we snitched. Who admits that shit. A proud moment in his life was when he and his butt buddies tattled on someone better. 

2/16/20 8:22 AM
12/5/11
Left_Hook_Cemetery -

I think even asking Diego if he could continue was the wrong move. They should have called a DQ right off the bat.
It's one thing when you get a glancing groin shot but the dude kneed him in the head twice, opening up a cut in the process. He basically ended the fight with illegal shots, you shouldn't be sending the other guy back in after that.

The doc or ref should have called the fight regardless of anything Diego said but no one wanted to take responsibility, lets leave it all on the fighter's shoulders. Poor officiating imo.

100%

Now you have everyone calling out Diego for not wanting to go back in against a guy after taking a full force illegal knee that split him open. High probability of going back out and getting brutally ktfo.

Should it be illegal in the first place is my bigger concern. Two illegal knees last night. Time to re-evaluate that rule. 

2/16/20 8:36 AM
11/9/17
MasterofMartialArts -

I’m surprised since I have never seen Diego quit before. But when I heard him ask “will he get disqualified” I knew he wanted out of the fight. No disrespect to Diego, that’s just surprising because he’s the definition of tough. 

Fuck off, he didn't want out of the fight and he didn't quit. He knew he was losing and wasn't going to win against a bigger man he couldn't get close enough to. He'd been trying hard the whole fight tho, didn't quit or want out. 

He was handed the opportunity to take the win through an illegal shot that clearly caused damage and took it. 

2/16/20 8:42 AM
11/20/05
TheRealFOF - 
Tim Duncan -

The rule is there for a reason, but quitting is not it.

But he's broke.
2/16/20 8:47 AM
11/20/05
StretchPlum - 
TheRealFOF - 
Tim Duncan -

The rule is there for a reason, but quitting is not it.

But he's broke.

However, the ref should have DQ'd him whether Diego wanted it to continue it or not.
2/16/20 8:54 AM
11/20/05
DickSmack - 
MasterofMartialArts -

I’m surprised since I have never seen Diego quit before. But when I heard him ask “will he get disqualified” I knew he wanted out of the fight. No disrespect to Diego, that’s just surprising because he’s the definition of tough. 

Fuck off, he didn't want out of the fight and he didn't quit. He knew he was losing and wasn't going to win against a bigger man he couldn't get close enough to. He'd been trying hard the whole fight tho, didn't quit or want out. 

He was handed the opportunity to take the win through an illegal shot that clearly caused damage and took it. 

You just said he quit.
2/16/20 9:05 AM
2/2/15

Good on Diego. 

He's in the twilight of his career and his opponent was fucking massive next to him. He made the right move imo

2/16/20 9:15 AM
5/12/12
Jason Watts -

He said can I talk to my coach?  Which brings me to my next point about these illegals strikes, shouldn’t someone else besides the fighter make the decision?  Ariel Helwani brings this up a lot.  We place blame on the fighters for “quitting” but who else is looking out for what’s best for them in that moment?  Especially after you just fought 12 minutes and got kneed in the head.  If Diego wasn’t a savy veteran nobody would have stopped him from continuing to fight.  As someone said above, the best way to prevent illegal fouls is to punish them and take their win away, or else what’s to stop everyone from doing one “illegal accidental” foul? 

Well said sir.

2/16/20 9:16 AM
8/4/14

That Knee would’ve affected other fighters way worse. Just cause Diego is a savage doesn’t mean he should continue after that. Plus now he gets the win bonus- it’s on his opponent, dominating the scrap but pulls that shit. 

Side note, Diego needs to retire, but it’s all he knows. I have no doubt he’ll do BKB eventually 

2/16/20 9:30 AM
7/12/14
ScreenName22 -

Way to fight your career like a warrior and finish it like a big ass pussy.

Native Indians take note.

You ignorant fuck. Why don't I drop some corona virus infested blankets off for your family to keep warm with after convincing you I am going to help your family. You're an absolute piece of shit. Die.

2/16/20 9:49 AM
3/15/19

I didn’t see the purses from last night. Diego has to be in the 100k to show 100k to win range now?

Thats a big reason (if so) to not tough it out for another few minutes. 

2/16/20 9:51 AM
5/14/09

Let that guy beat your ass for 3 rounds clown you in front of your home crowd and knee the fuck out you can cut your forehead open with a hard illegal shot.....I bet you take the money and run too.  

Fuck you guys for wanting him to go out there and get ko'ed for your pleasure after all the shit talk about cte and "his interviews are hard to watch" blah blah blah. 

2/16/20 9:53 AM
11/28/03

we need the shaky lip gif next!!!