OtherGround Forums Disabled Woman fatally shot while sleeping in bed

9/15/20 1:08 PM
2/7/08

Woman with disability fatally shot while sleeping in bed in NW Harris County, deputies say

CYPRESS, Texas – Harris County Sheriff’s deputies said they are investigating a shooting that left a 20-year-old woman with cerebral palsy dead inside a home in northwest Harris County.

Deputies said the shooting happened in the 11220 block of Timber Crest around 11:10 p.m.

Neighbor Nikki Temple brought over a candle and some flowers to share her condolences with the Rhodd family. “I feel devastated, I just feel sick to my stomach,” said Temple.

Detectives say a group of assailants surrounded the Rhodd family’s home and opened fire with at least a rifle, shotgun and pistol.

“You know I heard it happening, who would think that you would hear it happening and someone’s being killed, a young girl in her bed,” said Temple.

As the gunfire erupted, the Rhodd family was in a panic. Inside the home was Sierra, her 15-year-old brother, her mother and her father, Michael.

“My girl didn’t do nothing to deserve anything,” said Michael Rhodd. “She has cerebral palsy, laying in the bed and you shoot her in the face.”

Sierra was Michael’s only daughter. Now, he has to prepare to bury her.

“Whoever came and shot my house up and murdered my daughter, I want them caught,” said Rhodd.

Authorities said that no one has been arrested, although, they do have people detained.

The motive for the shooting remains unclear, however, family members suspect the intended target was Sierra’s 15-year-old brother.

Dozens of shell casings were found from the street to the front yard, investigators said. Deputies said it is believed that multiple shooters from multiple vehicles shot up the house.

Deputies said a motorcycle that appeared to have been ditched was located in the street outside of the residence. According to investigators, the motorcycle was possibly stolen, given the screwdriver that fell from the ignition. A shotgun was found in the grass near the motorcycle, deputies said.

Deputies with the Harris County Sheriff’s Office said they responded to a call about a drive-by shooting in the 11200 block of Timber Crest Drive on Sunday.

RELATED: Woman with disability fatally shot while sleeping in bed in NW Harris County, deputies say

Upon arrival, deputies said they discovered the victim was unresponsive from apparent gunshot wounds. EMS arrived on the scene and Rhodd was pronounced dead, deputies said.

Deputies said they spoke with the victim’s parents and her 15-year-old brother, who said they were home watching television when someone began shooting into their home. Deputies learned that the victim’s 15-year-old brother discharged a handgun at the suspects as they were fleeing.

Deputies said they also learned Sierra, who has cerebral palsy, was in her bedroom in bed at the time of the shooting.

After looking at nearby surveillance video, deputies saw three vehicles, a dark-colored sedan, a motorcycle and a truck traveling westbound towards the victim’s home prior to the shooting. According to investigators, neighbors reported seeing a dark-colored sedan and a red pickup truck fleeing the scene immediately after the shooting.

Presler is currently booked into the Harris County Jail on an unrelated charge. She is expected to appear in court Tuesday afternoon.

The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information is urged to call Crime Stoppers at 713-222- TIPS (8477) or the HCSO Homicide Unit at 713-221-6000.

9/15/20 1:10 PM
3/21/12
15 years old and multiple cars show up to kill you? Might as well lock the little fucker up for life now
9/15/20 1:11 PM
12/1/05

They should take everyone involved out back and put a bullet in their head. They don’t belong in society. 

9/15/20 1:12 PM
11/11/11

So sad.

9/15/20 1:34 PM
2/16/04

She sure has fallen since UFC and Dancing With the Stars

9/15/20 1:37 PM
1/1/01

RIP

Edited: 9/15/20 1:38 PM
9/20/19

Everyone with a gun in that situation should be destroyed, burned and forgotten for the betterment of everyone. 

9/15/20 1:50 PM
7/15/04

I'd be pissed at my son for being involved in drugs and/or gang related shit. Parents probably suck letting their kid run wild. No way that shit would fly with me. Sucks for the girl, that's terrible.

9/15/20 1:54 PM
10/6/02
Page is adorable in that picture. Best she ever looked.
9/15/20 1:57 PM
11/20/09
TexDeuce - 

I'd be pissed at my son for being involved in drugs and/or gang related shit. Parents probably suck letting their kid run wild. No way that shit would fly with me. Sucks for the girl, that's terrible.

The parents have to be going through just about every negative emotion possible, at the extreme. 

But now, it's the only child they have left so they have to navigate through the anger, sadness, disappointment, while still being thankful they have one child.  I can't relate but feel sorry for them. 

9/15/20 1:59 PM
1/25/04

She has so many facebook accounts

https://www.facebook.com/search/people/?q=Emma%20Presler&epa=SERP_TAB

9/15/20 2:05 PM
3/15/06
TexDeuce -

“My girl didn’t do nothing to deserve anything,”

I'd hazard a guess that the parenting isn't top notch.

9/15/20 2:23 PM
9/20/19
CuddleBug -
TexDeuce -

Still, caring for a child with cerebral palsy for 18 years is not easy. There are people who give their kids up and stuff. There’s something to be said there. It’s just such bullshit when the weakest and most vulnerable are taken out by able bodied waste. Outside of the trauma people having personal attachments would have, them all being dead would be so much better than the world rn.  

Edited: 9/15/20 2:33 PM
4/21/09

Edit- I'm a dumbass

9/15/20 2:46 PM
11/20/09
HillboFrateTrane - 
CuddleBug -
TexDeuce -

Still, caring for a child with cerebral palsy for 18 years is not easy. There are people who give their kids up and stuff. There’s something to be said there. It’s just such bullshit when the weakest and most vulnerable are taken out by able bodied waste. Outside of the trauma people having personal attachments would have, them all being dead would be so much better than the world rn.  

Exactly.  While I'm sure the parents aren't going to be on these forums, knowing these parents just tragically lost a child, I'm not going to search for reasons to put them on blast.  Not now anyways. 

I will however, piggyback off HillboFreightTrane in that in my lifetime, the people I have met who have raised a special needs child, are consistently some of the nicest people I have met.  They have big hearts. 

On top of that, if you're going to judge a parent based on something their kid does, why not base their parenting from what was in the video?  How the night before this 20yr old was talking about how she was into cookie cutters and was going to make a job from her hobby.  

Shitty parents for leading their now deceased daughter in that direction?

I have two kids.  One has his mom's pale complexion, one has my olive complexion.  One has a big heart and does great in school, very considerate, while the other one is always pushing the limits to find out where the boundaries are.  

I have 1 older brother.  He grew up to be a great family man, never problems with the law, and does great financially and does volunteer work that he actually made the news for.  I have a big criminal record from my younger days, am a good family man, not doing nearly as well financially as my brother.  

We have the same parents. 

9/15/20 2:59 PM
3/15/06
BringBackHeadbutts -
HillboFrateTrane - 
CuddleBug -
TexDeuce -

Exactly.  While I'm sure the parents aren't going to be on these forums, knowing these parents just tragically lost a child, I'm not going to search for reasons to put them on blast.  Not now anyways. 

I will however, piggyback off HillboFreightTrane in that in my lifetime, the people I have met who have raised a special needs child, are consistently some of the nicest people I have met.  They have big hearts. 

On top of that, if you're going to judge a parent based on something their kid does, why not base their parenting from what was in the video?  How the night before this 20yr old was talking about how she was into cookie cutters and was going to make a job from her hobby.  

Shitty parents for leading their now deceased daughter in that direction?

I have two kids.  One has his mom's pale complexion, one has my olive complexion.  One has a big heart and does great in school, very considerate, while the other one is always pushing the limits to find out where the boundaries are.  

I have 1 older brother.  He grew up to be a great family man, never problems with the law, and does great financially and does volunteer work that he actually made the news for.  I have a big criminal record from my younger days, am a good family man, not doing nearly as well financially as my brother.  

We have the same parents. 

Yes, all fair points. Though I think we've all seen the sweet mother that is only loving and patient with the monster kid that has no self-control and boundaries. In the long run that doesn't serve the child well and it's actually an alternative unintentional form of child abuse. Obviously I have no idea about this situation, and it's very sad for that girl and her family.

9/15/20 3:34 PM
1/27/12

Obviously horrible.

But on a lighter note...that guy didn't think to put a shirt on for a TV interview?

Edited: 9/15/20 7:14 PM
4/8/10
The interview was probably conducted at the scene immediately after the incident. You're lucky he is wearing pants. I don't know about you but I sleep with my dick out.
9/16/20 7:31 AM
11/28/03

wonder what the brothers fued was all about

9/16/20 9:21 AM
5/26/14
ranier wolfcastle -

wonder what the brothers fued was all about

In 4 this

9/16/20 9:45 AM
1/1/01

The blond was released by a judge for lack of evidence btw. I'm sure the detectives will get her and her accomplices soon tho.

9/16/20 9:53 AM
11/20/09

CuddleBug - Yes, all fair points. Though I think we've all seen the sweet mother that is only loving and patient with the monster kid that has no self-control and boundaries. In the long run that doesn't serve the child well and it's actually an alternative unintentional form of child abuse. Obviously I have no idea about this situation, and it's very sad for that girl and her family.

I wouldn't call it child abuse, moreso being an enabler. 

While I don't think being an enabler is as bad as physically abusing a child, I do understand that both can in fact be very harmful in the upbringing of a child and both can lead to a child having problems with society in their adult years. 

9/19/20 9:06 PM
2/7/08

Her dad just got put down by his father in law