OtherGround Forums Do Not Use These Free Speech Arguments

29 days ago
1/1/01

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/08/free-speech-cliches-media-should-stop-using/596506/

29 days ago
11/16/08

FRAT

29 days ago
6/30/07

First sentence - "America is awash in ugly, hateful speech. White nationalists march defiantly, and their slogans are echoed in murderous rampages."

...And I'm out

29 days ago
5/16/19
Mountain Medic - 

First sentence - "America is awash in ugly, hateful speech. White nationalists march defiantly, and their slogans are echoed in murderous rampages."

...And I'm out

...and you're...mad dumb, not only because the sentence that upset is you full of facts but...

the article is fully on board with your feelings about free speech, and the legality of "hate" speech.

there's nothing else in there to trigger you, don't worry.
29 days ago
1/25/04

LOL @ starting off an article in such a predictable whiny manner.

29 days ago
1/1/01
Mountain Medic -

...And I'm out

Amd yet you miss what is essentially an legal argument against limitations on free speech

I thought you were a bit more thick skinned. Instead you got triggered and moved on

Sad

29 days ago
6/30/07
jimmy23 -
Mountain Medic -

...And I'm out

Amd yet you miss what is essentially an legal argument against limitations on free speech

I thought you were a bit more thick skinned. Instead you got triggered and moved on

Sad

Lol, I'm not going to waste time reading an article that starts out with complete bullshit.

29 days ago
3/7/05
He actually sides strongly with free speech in the article, if you bother to read it.
29 days ago
1/1/01

You can't side strong half assed.

29 days ago
1/18/03
Interesting article.

First time I have heard of stochastic terrorisim as a reason people want to curtail free expression.
Edited: 29 days ago
6/13/03

Like the left gives a fuck about free speech. They will try to suppress any speech that challenges their status quo.

29 days ago
8/7/19
OG trivia- After hours of contemplation jimmy23 once pulled 6 ounces of lint out of his bellybutton.

Le Shat
©
29 days ago
1/1/01
Sogsteel -

Like the left gives a fuck about free speech. They will try to suppress any speech that challenges their status quo.

What exactly does that statement have to do with the article ?

29 days ago
12/18/07

Huge lol at the self owning snowflakes that assumed by one sentence that they know what the article is about 

Edited: 29 days ago
1/1/01
takedownandsub -

Huge lol at the self owning snowflakes that assumed by one sentence that they know what the article is about 

Mission accomplished 

29 days ago
12/26/05
jimmy23 -

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/08/free-speech-cliches-media-should-stop-using/596506/

Your side of the fence isnt interested in the first amendment anymore Jimmy. 

Also given the population demographic shifts, your side becomes less and less interested in protecting the first amendment every year.

I pretty much agree with the article... the tone is cringe, but other than sounding like a woke-scold mother who's late for her spin class, I agree with most everything.

...and thats the problem.  Most people who will agree to the points in that article, you arent with...you're against.

29 days ago
1/1/01
NiteProwleR - 

You can't side strong half assed.

29 days ago
1/1/01
CavemanDave -
jimmy23 -

Also given the population demographic shifts, your side becomes less and less interested in protecting the first amendment every year.

I pretty much agree with the article... the tone is cringe, but other than sounding like a woke-scold mother who's late for her spin class, I agree with most everything.

...and thats the problem.  Most people who will agree to the points in that article, you arent with...you're against.

Really ? What "side" is it that you think I'm on?

Do tell the image you have projected upon me

29 days ago
6/5/03

I couldn't work today because the roads were clogged with the masses of white nationalists marching.

29 days ago
12/26/05
jimmy23 -
CavemanDave -
jimmy23 -

You're on the left wing jimmy.

You have been.  You arent a new forum member.  You arent a libertarian.  You arent a conservative.  You arent on the fence.  You're on the left.

29 days ago
1/1/01
CavemanDave -
jimmy23 -
CavemanDave -
jimmy23 -

You're on the left wing jimmy.

You have been.  You arent a new forum member.  You arent a libertarian.  You arent a conservative.  You arent on the fence.  You're on the left.

While you probably need to believe that to maintain a binary world view, it is incorrect

29 days ago
10/2/12

He’s also an admitted troll. 

29 days ago
12/17/06
jimmy23 -
CavemanDave -
jimmy23 -

Oh you're a fine man. Almost PULITZER level. :)

29 days ago
10/4/18
Mountain Medic - 

...And I'm out

This.

29 days ago
1/1/01

Wow.. what a fantasy world Leftists have created for themselves.

No wonder they have such trouble functioning.