OtherGround Forums Do You Enjoy Being Strong?

27 days ago
2/3/10

I do and I try to work out often to keep my strengths. 

27 days ago
2/3/10

Im talking all aspects of being strong, whether it be if youre a Runner, hiker, biker, crossfitter, weight lifter etc. 

27 days ago
5/23/12

I am no where close to strong and most likely never will be but I do like how I feel when I workout on a regular basis. 

27 days ago
1/16/19

I used to enjoy it. Opening cans of pickles and shit like that, no can defend.

27 days ago
12/15/11

Yes, if you cannot bench your own bodyweight, you need to workout in my opinion.

27 days ago
8/20/08

Part and parcel of being a man. Whether you enjoy being strong or not, you are expected to be. 

27 days ago
3/12/07

I do, except when people want help moving. I'm the first call and the guy that gets stuck with the heaviest stuff.

27 days ago
7/29/13

You should be strong enough that if you were hanging off something you could comfortably pull your body weight up to save yourself. 

27 days ago
1/1/01
WikiTheWalrus - 

I do, except when people want help moving. I'm the first call and the guy that gets stuck with the heaviest stuff.

LMAO - I was gonna post pretty much the exact same thing.
27 days ago
12/26/05

Feeling strong and fast is awesome.

27 days ago
4/13/12

yes, but i'd take advanced level trained cardio and untrained strength over the opposite.  cardio has far more practical purposes.  but strenght training is what i'm focusing on atm.

27 days ago
10/2/12
thedogofdogs -

Yes, if you cannot bench your own bodyweight, you need to workout in my opinion.

Isn’t the bench press a worthless skill in terms of functional strength?

27 days ago
5/19/17

I can take all you faggots. Come at me

26 days ago
10/15/13
Dutchemperor86 -

*prepares to go at Dutchemperor86, finds him on all fours, ass up, yelling "COME AT ME FAGGOTS!"

26 days ago
1/1/01

I used to be one of the strongest dudes in whatever gym I worked out in.  I literally used to look at people working out and be ALL judgey with a bunch of fuckery running through my head.  "Why even come to the gym if you're going to do that workout?".  Shit like that.  I was the lunkhead incline pressing 140 lb dumbbells for reps.  Squatting 405 and being all stupid loud about it.  Leg pressing 1,000 or more and liking the fact that I took a bunch of the gyms overall 45's and had them on my machine.

I was an idiot.

Fast forward to cancer and treatment and suddenly I realize that I was an asshole in my mind when I would think shit about people's workouts.  I never said anything.  Hell I helped people with workouts that needed it but I had this judgy shit in my head.  I don't know people's stories.  Chemotherapy has sped up the aging process so I have arthritic joints and do this BULLSHIT workout that the 2010 me would have been shaking his head at.  But ya know what, its the right workout for me today.  People don't know my story.

Now, I do 135 for a few sets of 10 and move on to the flyes and stretching exercises.

26 days ago
8/14/12

With wrestling skills and decent powerlifting skills I do enjoy being able to man handle the average human if needed 

26 days ago
4/13/12
Samoa -

I used to be one of the strongest dudes in whatever gym I worked out in.  I literally used to look at people working out and be ALL judgey with a bunch of fuckery running through my head.  "Why even come to the gym if you're going to do that workout?".  Shit like that.  I was the lunkhead incline pressing 140 lb dumbbells for reps.  Squatting 405 and being all stupid loud about it.  Leg pressing 1,000 or more and liking the fact that I took a bunch of the gyms overall 45's and had them on my machine.

I was an idiot.

Fast forward to cancer and treatment and suddenly I realize that I was an asshole in my mind when I would think shit about people's workouts.  I never said anything.  Hell I helped people with workouts that needed it but I had this judgy shit in my head.  I don't know people's stories.  Chemotherapy has sped up the aging process so I have arthritic joints and do this BULLSHIT workout that the 2010 me would have been shaking his head at.  But ya know what, its the right workout for me today.  People don't know my story.

Now, I do 135 for a few sets of 10 and move on to the flyes and stretching exercises.

i hope you mean overhead pressing 135 or your a weak ass pussy!

26 days ago
5/19/17
Al Cappucino -
Dutchemperor86 -

*prepares to go at Dutchemperor86, finds him on all fours, ass up, yelling "COME AT ME FAGGOTS!"

"Cum in me faggots"

26 days ago
5/19/17

No im just warning you all. I am a 145 pound yellow belt in judo. I got that when i was 5. So that is 27 years of experience at that level now. 

26 days ago
8/7/19
Being ridiculously strong while maintaining preternatural speed and flexibility is all I've ever known.

When I see weak, effeminate democratic men I assume it's a birth defect or the result of being born to poor parents who starved the child of protein and nutrients...so I'll usually offer them a few bucks for a meal.

Le Shat
©
26 days ago
12/16/00
TFK_HossPearson - 
thedogofdogs -

How much a person can bench is directly correlated to their worth as a human
26 days ago
4/9/19
GaryG -
TFK_HossPearson - 
thedogofdogs -

How much a person can bench is directly correlated to their worth as a human

That should be included on government issued id's.  Right under height and weight.

26 days ago
9/27/15
CavemanDave - 

Feeling strong and fast is awesome.

It really is..I'm 40 but pretty damn strong and explosive..I really cannot imagine everyday life if I didn't workout and wasn't strong..I think it would be very depressing and I'd feel powerless..
26 days ago
1/1/01
Yes.

You'll never hear anyone say, "If only I was a little weaker!"
26 days ago
5/24/17

Yes ,but ATM I'm not , waiting on trt still .