OtherGround Forums Do you get sick more/less often than you used to?

3 days ago
6/13/09

It's very odd, but I haven't had a cold or flu in at least 8 years, maybe 10.

I don't eat all that healthy, have other health issues, but I never seem to get sick.

3 days ago
7/10/02
A LOT less. Many factors I think.

#1 I hated being sick, so I focused.. on NOT being sick. You can't do that, focusing on what you don't want, you have to focus on what you want, like superior health. Works so much better, crazy

#2 Getting osteopathic/chiro treatments made my ribcage loose again. It was stuck without me knowing about it really. In my teens and 20s I was sick 3-4 times a year, almost always with a bronchitis. Doctors would prescribe antibiotics, or pumps as for asthmatics.

Since the treatments, 18 year ago, I had ONE bronchitis. Yep, just one. So STFU you "science is god" parrots. To PROVE this, you'd have to take my twin that has the same condition, give us two different treatments, and follow us over years. In fact you'd have to do so for 100s of twins. P.S. it ain't gonna happen. Continue to trust Big Pharma as they are so much more scientific and unbiased...

#3 drastically reducing dairy. While I got rid of bronchitis, I still got some sinusitis. Some online health guys I followed, singers, endurance athletes (including GSP) kept mentioning how modern pasteurized dairy irritates us over time. And yep, no sinusitis in years.
3 days ago
6/26/06

I just think I didn't realize that sleep you got during night of drinking wasn't sleep at all.  Even if it was 12 hours

3 days ago
11/15/04
blood fist - 

It's very odd, but I haven't had a cold or flu in at least 8 years, maybe 10.

I don't eat all that healthy, have other health issues, but I never seem to get sick.

Same here. I've had the flu once in the last 8-9 years but I do usually get the flu shot so I'm sure that helps

3 days ago
12/2/02

Almost never anymore. I don't know if attributed to my Intermittent Fasting, but that's kind of when I noticed. Maybe just age, I don't know. But I'm hardly ever sick anymore.

3 days ago
2/24/19

If you make it to my age - soon to turn 70. You don’t get sick as often if you are really conscientious with your diet, exercise, party less, etc. But ... something hurts almost every day. The bad part is almost any illness can kill you at this stage in life. I had a friend who died from a bad tooth and another who had a sinus infection lead to pneumonia. Take care of your young body while you have it OG’s ... tempus fugit! 

3 days ago
5/16/10

Hardly ever after I quit smoking 4 years ago

3 days ago
10/2/12
chalkylovestoski -

Check out L-lysine. I had a doc recommend it for something else a few years ago, and I recently realized that I hadn't been sick, at least that I recall (which is saying something in and of itself) in that time frame. So not only did it fix the one issue, but perhaps the other as well. It does say immune system on the label. Then suddenly, not only was my one issue back, but I had the worst cold, too. I thought about it and realized I had opened a new bottle of L-lysine within the past few weeks, and it was some off-brand. Immediately went and bought a nice brand and the original issue I was taking it for made a quick retreat. Unfortunately a cold is a cold and it took its time leaving, but it'll be exciting to see if it again stays away on the nice brand L-lysine. 

Can you give an example of a “nice brand” of l-lysine?

3 days ago
2/28/13
chalkylovestoski -

Check out L-lysine. I had a doc recommend it for something else a few years ago, and I recently realized that I hadn't been sick, at least that I recall (which is saying something in and of itself) in that time frame. So not only did it fix the one issue, but perhaps the other as well. It does say immune system on the label. Then suddenly, not only was my one issue back, but I had the worst cold, too. I thought about it and realized I had opened a new bottle of L-lysine within the past few weeks, and it was some off-brand. Immediately went and bought a nice brand and the original issue I was taking it for made a quick retreat. Unfortunately a cold is a cold and it took its time leaving, but it'll be exciting to see if it again stays away on the nice brand L-lysine. 

L-lysine is for herpes 

3 days ago
6/26/06
YaoMingia -
chalkylovestoski -

L-lysine is for herpes 

And works amazing for that

3 days ago
4/15/14

I’ve gotten sick 5 times that I can remember. Chicken pox when I was 4, two colds one in the last 3 years and food poisoning twice. 

3 days ago
9/19/12
YaoMingia -
chalkylovestoski -

L-lysine is for herpes 

It was recommended to me for canker sores, which some sources say are related to herpes and other sources say are totally different things - but it keeps them at bay for me. Can't speak to the herp myself. 

3 days ago
9/19/12
TFK_HossPearson -
chalkylovestoski -

Just something from the drugstore, Radiance Platinum. By 'nice' I meant not a dollar-store off-brand. 

3 days ago
2/22/13

Much less these days, but work thinks I get sick more.

3 days ago
2/5/05

I don’t have kids so I never really get sick. Maybe get a cold every third winter and a few random “don’t feel good” for a couple days every year. 

3 days ago
11/28/03

much much less now that i have no friends, like once a year

3 days ago
12/20/05

NEVER.  DON'T REMEMBER WHEN MY LAST COLD WAS........YEARS AGO. 

2 days ago
10/2/12
chalkylovestoski -
TFK_HossPearson -
chalkylovestoski -

Just something from the drugstore, Radiance Platinum. By 'nice' I meant not a dollar-store off-brand. 

Got it. Thanks!

2 days ago
7/13/17

I have 3 kids 3,6,8 They are never sick, same for me and they're unvaccinated.  

2 days ago
12/29/14

Used to never get sick when I was an alcoholic unhealthy fat fuck in my 20s. I'm a very healthy guy in my 30s, lost 70 lbs and take it easy with the boozing these days. I get sick like once a month now. It makes no sense to me but if I had to guess it would be that my body is worn down from all the self abuse and now the hard workouts I do. I probably need to see a doctor. I'm also very sensitive to air quality, if it's above 50ppm I basically feel like I'm dying with bad flu symptoms.

2 days ago
12/29/14

Is it normal to just randomly feel unwell physically? I know I'm not sick with a bacterial or viral infection, but it feels like it once or twice a month for a couple of days. This is even when I'm exercising, eating clean, getting good rest, etc.

2 days ago
10/2/11

I used to get sick once a year for the 10 years that I worked indoors. Now I work outdoors year round in almost any weather and I’ve only had a flu once in the last 7 years