OtherGround Forums Doctor Lied about Daughter getting Attacked by BLM

Edited: 13 days ago
2/7/08

On Sunday afternoon, a Texas cardiologist wrote on Twitter that his daughter in Baltimore had been attacked by “BLM" or Black Lives Matter activists, and that city police refused to do anything because the suspects were Black.

“Is this the America we want?” he tweeted. Nearly 50,000 people uncritically retweeted or liked the post.

But two different Twitter accounts with a close ear to the police scanner found what appeared to be the incident in question: It didn’t involve activists, but rather squeegee kids.

With questions being raised, the cardiologist, Andrea Natale, locked down his account and eventually deleted it. He’s since apologized, saying he overreacted out of concern for his daughter and that his words were “misinterpreted.”

The incident didn’t go down as Natale described, but it wasn’t a complete hoax, either.

Baltimore Police released body camera footage of the encounter to The Baltimore Sun. It shows a couple explaining to an officer that they declined to have their windshield washed. A male tells the officer that he jumped out of the car, and that three squeegee washers approached and surrounded him.

“I said, ‘I will defend myself, I do have a knife on me.' [One of the squeegee washers] said, ‘I have a knife too,’” the man tells the officer.

The couple tells the officer that the squeegee washers then started throwing rocks at them. The man asks what can be done about squeegee kids.

“To be honest, the city doesn’t want us to engage with squeegee boys,” an officer says. “It’s illegal to be in the street, but the city doesn’t want us to ... ” he says before trailing off.

The officer tells them to contact City Hall: “It’s crazy, it’s sad.” He never says it’s because the teens are Black, but instead because it’s a misdemeanor that he didn’t witness. He said he would try to locate them but that he wasn’t familiar with them.

The Scan the Police Twitter account relayed scanner radio information as the incident was happening Sunday afternoon, saying that a woman had called police to report that squeegee kids were throwing rocks at her car at Lombard and President streets. Once Natale’s tweet went viral, another Twitter user who archives scanner traffic linked the squeegee incident to Natale’s claim and posted a one-minute audio clip.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/bs-md-ci-cr-natale-viral-tweet-blm-20200916-o5uooavvu5glxaklpw3pzwpzbm-story.html

According to the audio file, what Natale identified as “a group of BLM” was actually a group of Black kids with squeegees washing cars.

Here’s what a very much over it 911 operator said to the responding officer: “Sorry, they told us there’s an armed person…what it is is the squeegees at Lombard and President, this lady Veronica’s calling and says, “They are attacking the car.” She thinks one of them pulled a knife. Then she says a Black male wearing a white tank-top, black pants, and those [garbled] ring tennis with the white stripes were throwing rocks at the car, he got on his scooter and is on the median.”

This dispatcher goes on to tell the officer, “Okay, it’s gone from one of them she thinks pulled a knife to now they all threw rocks at her car and broke her car window.” The dispatcher then said that “the number 2 female driver and number 2 female passenger were fighting with the squeegee kids at [the] location,” and that the caller “says the vehicle was damaged and they got out and started arguing and fighting with them.” There is no mention of a boyfriend being beaten.

Edited: 13 days ago
8/31/10

Her father's name is ^ Andrea? Weird.

13 days ago
1/1/01

What prefer you want? 

13 days ago
1/29/16

13 days ago
8/31/10
NiteProwleR -

What prefer you want? 

I want all the prefers, and I prefer all the wants!

13 days ago
12/23/08

This thread is like Rosetta Stone: Charles Barkley Edition

13 days ago
1/1/01

I feel sorry for any black person that has to receive medical treatment from that racist doctor.

13 days ago
1/9/02
Believeit -

I feel sorry for any black person that has to receive medical treatment from that racist doctor.

if theyre not part of a black supremacy organization like BLM they should be fine.

huge disparity in healthcare outcomes for racists huh? i dont give a fuck

13 days ago
1/1/01

He is one of the most prominent cardiac electrophysiologists in the world. This will get interesting......

13 days ago
8/17/13

So an honest mistake then based on a dumbass kid lying to their parents. 

Presumably his apology won’t be enough and he and everyone he knows will have to lose their jobs? 

13 days ago
7/4/08

The big issue for me here is how running to social media has quickly become our first instincts with ANY event. On one hand, it’s terribly reckless, and on the other, it’s just so shallow and arrogant. 

My dad protocol would lead me in the opposite direction of throwing gas on a fire on the Internet. We have LeBron James and white girls for that. I’d be focused on immediate and future safety of my children then determining if the authorities should be involved. 

13 days ago
1/9/02
AVClub -

The big issue for me here is how running to social media has quickly become our first instincts with ANY event. On one hand, it’s terribly reckless, and on the other, it’s just so shallow and arrogant. 

My dad protocol would lead me in the opposite direction of throwing gas on a fire on the Internet. We have LeBron James and white girls for that. I’d be focused on immediate and future safety of my children then determining if the authorities should be involved. 

one surefire way to make a grown man irrational is to mess with his daughter

13 days ago
1/1/01

One of the interesting issues with this case will be that he is so high up in his specialty. He brings a ton of money to his institution and is a consultant for many large companies; all of which that are now “woke”.

He really stirred up a bunch of his colleagues and also companies. 

13 days ago
1/1/01
Ben Gardners boat -

Presumably his apology won’t be enough and he and everyone he knows will have to lose their jobs? 

The problem, is the cardiologist responded like a white nationalist, white supremacist. With a white nationalist, white supremacist talking point: "My daughter was attacked by “BLM" or Black Lives Matter activists, and that city police refused to do anything because the suspects were African American."

“Is this the America we want?” 

13 days ago
11/14/10

“It shows a couple explaining to an officer that they declined to have their windshield washed. A male tells the officer that he jumped out of the car, and that three squeegee washers approached and surrounded him.”

Why did this bozo get out of his car? I have driven through that exact intersection many times, and often times the squeegee people or people selling bottles of water are there. You say no, shake your head, and they leave you alone. You don’t say no then jump out of your car. That’s grounds to get killed in Baltimore. What the fuck...

13 days ago
8/11/12

He probably shouldn't have tweeted that but tbh can you really blame him for jumping to the conclusion that BLM was to blame for fucking with his daughter. BLM has caused black people to be way more bold in their crime, bums with squeegees are always annoying, even if you tell them to fuck off they'll just ignore you and wash your shit anyway hoping for a few dollars. I'm siding with the doc, he made a mistake big fucking deal. The squeegee bums will most likely be burdens to society anyway. 

13 days ago
6/28/10

WTF is wrong with you people? now letting this clown jump thread to thread. WHY??????

Believeit

13 days ago
1/9/02
Koma -

One of the interesting issues with this case will be that he is so high up in his specialty. He brings a ton of money to his institution and is a consultant for many large companies; all of which that are now “woke”.

He really stirred up a bunch of his colleagues and also companies. 

turns out taking a political side creates conflict, good lesson for these companies

13 days ago
1/9/02
Believeit -
Ben Gardners boat -

The problem, is the cardiologist responded like a white nationalist, white supremacist. With a white nationalist, white supremacist talking point: "My daughter was attacked by “BLM" or Black Lives Matter activists, and that city police refused to do anything because the suspects were African American."

I dont want him jumping to that conclusion with no evidence, however if he has it, he needs to be free to call out black supremacy is he sees it.

13 days ago
1/1/01

Just another false flag..... being right wing is a mental disorder

13 days ago
4/20/20
Josh -

Calling all black people blm is the new racist play book

13 days ago
7/18/11
madmartigan -
Josh -

It’s not new in the racist playbook...all white people get labeled as nazis all the time. 

13 days ago
4/20/20
SickEye -
madmartigan -
Josh -

It’s not new in the racist playbook...all white people get labeled as nazis all the time. 

Nope

13 days ago
4/20/20
Believeit -
Ben Gardners boat -

The whole thing about how the city refused to do anything because black people were above the law is such obvious BS, and I agree it's pretty much straight out of the racist playbook

13 days ago
1/9/02
madmartigan -
Josh -

exactly

like you just did, by equating "black ppl" with BLM