OtherGround Forums Does “LEFT” respect freedom of religion ??

8 days ago
9/14/19

Just wondering how the "LEFT" feels about that personal freedom 

Can anyone answer this for me ?

8 days ago
2/15/06

I think they do but only for Muslims.
8 days ago
1/1/01

The left gives no fucks about anything but their leftist agenda.

8 days ago
11/1/06

Probably more than the right. 

Edited: 8 days ago
11/1/06

Can you imagine the outrage from the right of a whole lot of obviously Muslim men protested outside a government building waving guns around? I cannot imagine the “right” cheering on freedom of religion or the 2A if that happened. 

8 days ago
8/18/13

I’m not left so can’t really answer. But I’ve never met a leftist who wasn’t tolerant of all religions.

I’ve met plenty of hard righters who have wished all Muslims dead though, give it a couple of hours and I expect a few of them will come join us here 

4/21/10

Yes the left fully supports freedom of religion as long as that religion is islam.

8 days ago
6/11/13

They only support what the see to be useful at that moment. Remember believe all women?

8 days ago
6/5/05

I dont care what fairytale you believe but churches should pay taxes

8 days ago
4/25/13

8 days ago
2/15/06
JimmersonzGlove - 

I dont care what fairytale you believe but churches should pay taxes

Why? Churches aren't a business and don't charge people anything. You can go there and sit in their seats and sing with other members. Then ask for counciling and pray and get help. It doesn't cost you a dime.

Do you feel that way about all non-profit organizations?

Should all pay taxes?

Charities with Perfect Scores

perfect

The exceptional charities on this list execute their missions in a fiscally responsible way while adhering to good governance and other best practices that minimize the chance of unethical activities. Each has earned perfect scores for its Financial Health and its Accountability & Transparency. Those two scores then translate into a perfect 100 point overall score. Less than one percent of the thousands of charities rated by Charity Navigator have earned perfect scores.

We applaud these charities for exceeding industry standards and outperforming other organizations performing similar work.

Education
Center for Creative Education
George Snow Scholarship Fund Inc.
Great Aspirations Scholarship Program
Human and Civil Rights
Equal Justice Initiative
Freedom From Religion Foundation
Arts, Culture, Humanities
ProPublica

Animals
Big Cat Rescue
Humane Society of Sarasota County
Nashville Zoo
Rancho Coastal Humane Society
SPCA of Westchester
Tony La Russa's Animal Rescue Foundation
WildAid
Woods Humane Society
Environment
Acadia Center
Conservation Foundation of the Gulf Coast
Grand Teton National Park Foundation
North Carolina Coastal Federation
Rainforest Trust
Rose Foundation for Communities and the Environment
Southern Environmental Law Center
Texas Parks and Wildlife Foundation
Community Development
Greeley-Weld Habitat for Humanity
Jewish Federation of Omaha
San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity
United Way of Blount County
United Way of Central Alabama
United Way of Greater Houston
United Way of Story County

Human Services
All Hands and Hearts Smart Response
Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Alabama
Boys & Girls Clubs of Indian River County
Boys & Girls Clubs of Nassau County Foundation
Chicago Coalition for the Homeless
DAV (Disabled American Veterans) Charitable Service Trust
Durham Rescue Mission
East Texas Food Bank
God's Pantry Food Bank
Good Sports
Jewish Family Service of Metrowest
Kostopulos Dream Foundation
Lifesong for Orphans
MANNA FoodBank
Memorial Assistance Ministries
Mobile Loaves & Fishes
Navy SEAL Foundation
Operation Gratitude
Operation Second Chance
SBP
The Children's Assessment Center Foundation
The Foodbank
The Mission Continues
Topeka Rescue Mission
International
Agape International Missions
Amigos for Christ
Association for India's Development
Givedirectly Inc.
Help the Helpless
Hope for Haiti's Children
Matthew 25: Ministries
Orphan Grain Train
Sewa International, Inc
The PRASAD Project
The Rotary Foundation of Rotary International
Water Mission
Health
Community Volunteers in Medicine
Florida Breast Cancer Foundation
Kidney Cancer Association
La Comunidad Hispana (LCH)
Main Stay Therapeutic Farm
National Pediatric Cancer Foundation
Ronald McDonald House Charities, Inc.
Sankara Eye Foundation, USA
The Lustgarten Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer Research
8 days ago
1/1/01

No more or less on average than the group across the way. Many have issue with certain religions due to their religious beliefs affecting abortion laws for women.

8 days ago
8/28/14

Both sides don’t give a fuck. 

8 days ago
1/1/01
"Does “LEFT” respect freedom of religion ??"

Yes, so long as that religion ISN'T any form of Christianity.
8 days ago
10/22/14

Freedom of religion has no place in modern secular western country. At least not in the way it currently exists where it supercedes almost any other freedom. It should still exist but it should not exempt anyone from any laws or restrict any other freedoms. 

It's crazy that muslims are legally allowed to basically enslave women and we just stand by as a society and do nothing about it because of freedom of religion. 

8 days ago
2/27/20
phydeau - "Does “LEFT” respect freedom of religion ??"

Yes, so long as that religion ISN'T any form of Christianity.

This riiiight here.

Islam and Judaism get a pass on pretty much anything.

All religions have done a lot of bad shit.  Pretty much just 1 is still doing it as a group tho.

Yeah the Catholics and Jews and every other variation of it have scandals and such but that is an individual thing that will pop up in any organization with SO many people invovled.  There are going to be predators at schools, businesses, down the street, at church, and eventually in space.

One religion has 20 percent of it's members (by their own surveys) that support killing people who leave it.

It gets the most support from Dems by far.

I 100 percent do not understand this.  The left is supposed to be the party of tolerance and understanding and Islam is neither of those things.

I encourage anyone interested in these things or doubting the intolerance portion to actually read a bit of the Quran.

The practice of Taqiyya is written into their book so they are permitted to lie to anyone about the contents of the book and the religion in order to preserve themselves or their practices.  They knew most people would never read it (back then most couldnt anyway) so its kind of a 'you are mistaken we are a religion of peace' thats the biggest fucking lie there is.  

While Judaism has similar principles at least Israel is enough to have someone else blow shit up for them rather than strap bombs to kids and send them running into our troops arms/

8 days ago
2/2/15
Dreville79 -

I’m not left so can’t really answer. But I’ve never met a leftist who wasn’t tolerant of all religions.

I’ve met plenty of hard righters who have wished all Muslims dead though, give it a couple of hours and I expect a few of them will come join us here 

You're a fucking liar.

8 days ago
2/11/03
Lmao at you partisan hacks.

Libs = fuck jews and Christianity

Republicans = fuck Muslims and atheists.

All of them are huge hypocrits like the op
8 days ago
4/9/10

I’m definitely not a leftist but I do believe they respect freedom of religion. At least I personally haven’t known any that don’t. 
I think there is an extreme level of cognitive dissonance when it comes to Islam for the left. Especially when it comes to women and gay rights. It’s a mind blowing level of delusion. 
But as far as overall freedom of religion, I don’t see that they respect it any less than the right. 

8 days ago
5/11/10

I'm left-ish. I'm for freedom of religion to a degree. I don't care who you worship as long as it does not interfere with basic human rights i.e hate speech is a no, hating gays is a no, attacking another person is a no etc etc

That's across the board, the two worst offenders of that being muslims and christians (their extremist versions anyway). I've met loads of Sihks and they were always the coolest people. I also met quite a few Jewish folk and they've all been nice. 

It's when you start judging a group as a collective that's when people start to jump to conclusions about every individual they meet.

8 days ago
7/25/08
Chaddderz - 

I'm left-ish. I'm for freedom of religion to a degree. I don't care who you worship as long as it does not interfere with basic human rights i.e hate speech is a no, hating gays is a no, attacking another person is a no etc etc

That's across the board, the two worst offenders of that being muslims and christians (their extremist versions anyway). I've met loads of Sihks and they were always the coolest people. I also met quite a few Jewish folk and they've all been nice. 

It's when you start judging a group as a collective that's when people start to jump to conclusions about every individual they meet.

This is pretty close to my views.

I'm not sure I agree about hate speech, but largely this jives with my sensibilities.

(Again, I'm "left" for this forum. I consider myself a suburban Republican. A Romney voter, but not a Trump voter)
8 days ago
11/1/06
Chaddderz - 

Amen brother,
8 days ago
8/18/13
Bilge Water -
Dreville79 -

You're a fucking liar.

Yes of course, the left isn’t known right now for being tolerant to the point of retardation are they.

Fucking hell, ultra tolerance is their biggest issue, half the shit they tolerate shouldn’t be tolerated. 

Religion should be tolerated, because 99.99% of people practice it for good. To not tolerate it due to the 0.0001% of cunts is ridiculous. As an atheist I can’t understand needing fiction to believe in, but I kinda admire those who do as long as they respect my position and don’t preach 

If you eat Pizza ten thousand times, and one time it gives you the shits, you wouldn’t stop eating it would you  

1/9/02

the animal rescue "charities" should absolutely pay taxes

animal welfare is not charity, thats a hobby. its a way for pet lovers to get an emotional fix.

8 days ago
5/13/11
Dreville79 -

This. 

Does trolling OP have examples of "the left" being against peoples personal rights to believe in their religion?