OtherGround Forums Does “LEFT” respect freedom of religion ??

8 days ago
5/13/11
Chaddderz -

I'm left-ish. I'm for freedom of religion to a degree. I don't care who you worship as long as it does not interfere with basic human rights i.e hate speech is a no, hating gays is a no, attacking another person is a no etc etc

That's across the board, the two worst offenders of that being muslims and christians (their extremist versions anyway). I've met loads of Sihks and they were always the coolest people. I also met quite a few Jewish folk and they've all been nice. 

It's when you start judging a group as a collective that's when people start to jump to conclusions about every individual they meet.

VU. Good post.

8 days ago
1/1/01
Isaac298 - Lmao at you partisan hacks.

Libs = fuck jews and Christianity

Republicans = fuck Muslims and atheists.

All of them are huge hypocrits like the op

I know of at least one non-militant atheist who holds his nose and votes for the red team.

8 days ago
1/17/03
Isaac298 - Lmao at you partisan hacks.

Libs = fuck jews and Christianity

Republicans = fuck Muslims and atheists.

All of them are huge hypocrits like the op

Lol. Jews arent bombing sweden bro

8 days ago
3/28/02
Chaddderz -

I'm left-ish. I'm for freedom of religion to a degree. I don't care who you worship as long as it does not interfere with basic human rights i.e hate speech is a no, hating gays is a no, attacking another person is a no etc etc

That's across the board, the two worst offenders of that being muslims and christians (their extremist versions anyway). I've met loads of Sihks and they were always the coolest people. I also met quite a few Jewish folk and they've all been nice. 

It's when you start judging a group as a collective that's when people start to jump to conclusions about every individual they meet.

Excellent post

8 days ago
1/25/19
Chaddderz - 

hate speech is just a liberal word that gives people license for being intolerant and bigoted towards christians and conservatives. they just label everything that doesnt agree with liberals satanic doctrine as hate speech. everything about liberalism and the democratic party is in direct contradiction to the Bible and Christianity. they hate christianity so much they they have teamed up with muslims because they both havedd a common enemy. liberals openly practice intolerance and hate towards conservatives and their beliefs which is no different than religious discrimination, since conservative beliefs are based on the Bible. liberals have been openly persecuting christians for decades in America. they are by far the most intolerant, bigoted, and racist people.
8 days ago
1/7/09

as long as the churchies keep their schtick away from my kids they can do as they please.

8 days ago
5/13/11

"since conservative beliefs are based on the Bible."

Hahaha that's a good one. 

8 days ago
1/25/19
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

liberals fake hippy Jesus is not who Jesus is.

Jesus was not buddha, gandhi, or Mr Rogers. Jesus didnt go around preaching tolerance and acceptance. Jesus taught the repentance of sins and was a devout follower of the Jewish law. he was hated by the world(liberals) and is still hated by them today.

8 days ago
5/13/11
skad -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Jesus was not buddha, gandhi, or Mr Rogers. Jesus didnt go around preaching tolerance and acceptance. Jesus taught the repentance of sins and was a devout follower of the Jewish law. he was hated by the world(liberals) and is still hated by them today.

Lol. Keep going, this is fun. 

8 days ago
3/14/04

The left respects freedom of religion but also expects freedom from religion in return.  

In other word, you're free to believe whatever stupid shit you want but stop trying to impose that shit on everyone else.  You're anti-abortion?  Great, don't get one then.  You're anti-gay marriage?  Great, don't marry someone of your own gender.   The problem comes when the righties start trying to force everyone else to live under their religious morality.  

So yeah, the left respects freedom of religion but that's not enough for the right.  The right wants to take it further and impose their religious nonsense on everyone else.  Oh, and then the right cries about how THEY are the ones being persecuted.  

Edited: 8 days ago
1/25/19
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
skad -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

hippy Jesus will not be pleased by these scriptures

Matthew 10
33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me

John 14:6

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Matthew 7:23

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

8 days ago
2/27/20
angryinch -

The left respects freedom of religion but also expects freedom from religion in return.  

In other word, you're free to believe whatever stupid shit you want but stop trying to impose that shit on everyone else.  You're anti-abortion?  Great, don't get one then.  You're anti-gay marriage?  Great, don't marry someone of your own gender.   The problem comes when the righties start trying to force everyone else to live under their religious morality.  

So yeah, the left respects freedom of religion but that's not enough for the right.  The right wants to take it further and impose their religious nonsense on everyone else.  Oh, and then the right cries about how THEY are the ones being persecuted.  

righties are the ones forcing people to live like they do?

on a scale of one to potato how fucking retarded are you right now?

it isnt conservatives pushing cancel culture for some imagined slight 40 years ago

8 days ago
3/14/04
Tmaguru - 
angryinch -

righties are the ones forcing people to live like they do?

on a scale of one to potato how fucking retarded are you right now?

it isnt conservatives pushing cancel culture for some imagined slight 40 years ago

And there you have it folks, a perfect example of the christian persecution complex.  Delusional fucks. 

They try to impose their beliefs on everyone else then cry persecution when they're not allowed to.  

Edited: 8 days ago
1/25/19
angryinch -

the right wants to uphold the constitution and protect peoples rights. the left wants 8 year old trannies pole dancing at Gay night clubs. the slippery slope is real and your attitude of "live and let live" is what got people AIDS and why millions of babies are murdered each year by abortion

8 days ago
3/14/04
skad - 
angryinch -

the right wants to uphold the constitution and protect peoples rights. the left wants 8 year old trannies pole dancing at Gay night clubs. the slippery slope is real and your attitude of "live and let live" is what got people AIDS and why millions of babies are murdered each year by abortion

8 year old trannies pole dancing at gay bars?   Your sick fantasies have no place on this thread.  Take that shit somewhere else. 

8 days ago
5/13/11
skad -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
skad -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Matthew 10
33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Oh cool, cherry picking which scriptures suit your idiotic narratives? 

Thank you for the entertainment. 

8 days ago
10/11/18
Jayn200 - 

Freedom of religion has no place in modern secular western country. At least not in the way it currently exists where it supercedes almost any other freedom. It should still exist but it should not exempt anyone from any laws or restrict any other freedoms. 

It's crazy that muslims are legally allowed to basically enslave women and we just stand by as a society and do nothing about it because of freedom of religion. 

Freedom of Religion has nothing to do with Muslims being able to enslave Women.Its because of Cowardly Politicians And Anti-Western Grievance Mongers that defend and deflect any criticism of Islam.
7 days ago
4/17/02
Leftist here, pro-freedom-of-religion, and a practicing Mennonite. There are limits to freedom of religion, obviously, when they infringe on the rights of others.

Don't tell me what I think. You don't know what I think.

Inevitably, people who tell me what I think are retards. (Yes, this means you.)
7 days ago
8/31/10
MMA Experience -

Just wondering how the "LEFT" feels about that personal freedom 

Can anyone answer this for me ?

Ya'll choosin to do some weird shit on Sundays, but if it helps you sleep better then have at 'er!

7 days ago
1/25/19
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
skad -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
skad -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Matthew 10

quoting passages of what Jesus said word for word isnt cherry picking you dingus. i dont have to cherry pick anything since Jesus was clear who whe was and what he was about.

Jesus was adamant there was only one path to God and that was through Him. not any other religion, not "all good paths lead to God" or "respect all religions". Jesus said there were 2 groups of people. Children of God and children of Satan. The course of the world and the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 13

36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.

37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

John 8:44
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Revelation 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

i barley scratched the surface of what Jesus taught and that alone is enough to blow liberals fake hippy Jesus out of the water
7 days ago
5/13/11
skad -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
skad -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
skad -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Matthew 10

quoting passages of what Jesus said word for word isnt cherry picking you dingus. i dont have to cherry pick anything since Jesus was clear who whe was and what he was about.

Jesus was adamant there was only one path to God and that was through Him. not any other religion, not "all good paths lead to God" or "respect all religions". Jesus said there were 2 groups of people. Children of God and children of Satan. The course of the world and the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 13

36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.

37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

John 8:44
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Revelation 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

i barley scratched the surface of what Jesus taught and that alone is enough to blow liberals fake hippy Jesus out of the water

I appreciate this all. Thank you.

7 days ago
5/13/11

Galatians 3:28 

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

7 days ago
9/14/19

So true 

7 days ago
10/22/14
Mr Karate -
Jayn200 - 

Freedom of religion has no place in modern secular western country. At least not in the way it currently exists where it supercedes almost any other freedom. It should still exist but it should not exempt anyone from any laws or restrict any other freedoms. 

It's crazy that muslims are legally allowed to basically enslave women and we just stand by as a society and do nothing about it because of freedom of religion. 

Freedom of Religion has nothing to do with Muslims being able to enslave Women.Its because of Cowardly Politicians And Anti-Western Grievance Mongers that defend and deflect any criticism of Islam.

Yeah possibly. I'm not sure exactly what mechanism causes it, it's just despicable. 

I don't think any religion should be able to operate without criticism and shouldn't be able to be exempt from basic laws of society. 

7 days ago
7/28/10
Phuckles -

Yes the left fully supports freedom of religion as long as that religion is islam.

The right only supports freedom of religion if it’s “Christian”