OtherGround Forums Does “LEFT” respect freedom of religion ??

Edited: 7 days ago
8/31/10
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

Galatians 3:28 

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

There is neither dem nor conservative, you are all one in the ballsac of the baby Jesus!

7 days ago
3/28/02
skad -
Chaddderz - 

I'm left-ish. I'm for freedom of religion to a degree. I don't care who you worship as long as it does not interfere with basic human rights i.e hate speech is a no, hating gays is a no, attacking another person is a no etc etc

That's across the board, the two worst offenders of that being muslims and christians (their extremist versions anyway). I've met loads of Sihks and they were always the coolest people. I also met quite a few Jewish folk and they've all been nice. 

It's when you start judging a group as a collective that's when people start to jump to conclusions about every individual they meet.

hate speech is just a liberal word that gives people license for being intolerant and bigoted towards christians and conservatives. they just label everything that doesnt agree with liberals satanic doctrine as hate speech. everything about liberalism and the democratic party is in direct contradiction to the Bible and Christianity. they hate christianity so much they they have teamed up with muslims because they both havedd a common enemy. liberals openly practice intolerance and hate towards conservatives and their beliefs which is no different than religious discrimination, since conservative beliefs are based on the Bible. liberals have been openly persecuting christians for decades in America. they are by far the most intolerant, bigoted, and racist people.

thanks for that feeling based rant

Jesus would be ashamed of you

7 days ago
10/11/18
decasere - 
Phuckles -

Yes the left fully supports freedom of religion as long as that religion is islam.

The right only supports freedom of religion if it’s “Christian” 

If people had a choice of what Religion to live under they'll choose Christianity 100% of the time. Even Militant Atheist blowhards like Bill Maher know he's better off under Christianity than he would under Islam. His mocking of Christianity documentary Religulous was met by eye rolls by the general population. if he made a Religulous 2 mocking Islam he knows he'll be dead before the movie hits the streets.
7 days ago
11/28/08
Mr Karate -
decasere - 
Phuckles -

Yes the left fully supports freedom of religion as long as that religion is islam.

If people had a choice of what Religion to live under they'll choose Christianity 100% of the time. Even Militant Atheist blowhards like Bill Maher know he's better off under Christianity than he would under Islam. His mocking of Christianity documentary Religulous was met by eye rolls by the general population. if he made a Religulous 2 mocking Islam he knows he'll be dead before the movie hits the streets.

Religulous was a shit documentary and Maher is a shit person.

The answer to the OP depends on what he means by Left and what he means by Freedom of Religion. Usually when I hear conservatives complain about Freedom of Religion, what they are really complaining about is their religion losing parts of its supremacy.

7 days ago
8/4/11
StrikingMMA -
I think they do but only for Muslims.

To get rid of the jews

7 days ago
1/1/01
Lt_Fop - 

They only support what the see to be useful at that moment. Remember believe all women?

Yup.

The Party of Hypocrites and Cowards.
7 days ago
1/25/19
sgotwalks - 
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

Galatians 3:28 

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

There is neither dem nor conservative, you are all one in the ballsac of the baby Jesus!

if you are IN CHRIST, aka, born again, children of God by faith. read a couple verses below for context. or just read the entire chapter for that matter.

Galatians 3:26-29

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Read John 15 Jesus talks about how he is the vine and all branches that dont produced fruit will be removed and destroyed

7 days ago
5/11/10
skad - 
Chaddderz - 

I'm left-ish. I'm for freedom of religion to a degree. I don't care who you worship as long as it does not interfere with basic human rights i.e hate speech is a no, hating gays is a no, attacking another person is a no etc etc

That's across the board, the two worst offenders of that being muslims and christians (their extremist versions anyway). I've met loads of Sihks and they were always the coolest people. I also met quite a few Jewish folk and they've all been nice. 

It's when you start judging a group as a collective that's when people start to jump to conclusions about every individual they meet.

hate speech is just a liberal word that gives people license for being intolerant and bigoted towards christians and conservatives. they just label everything that doesnt agree with liberals satanic doctrine as hate speech. everything about liberalism and the democratic party is in direct contradiction to the Bible and Christianity. they hate christianity so much they they have teamed up with muslims because they both havedd a common enemy. liberals openly practice intolerance and hate towards conservatives and their beliefs which is no different than religious discrimination, since conservative beliefs are based on the Bible. liberals have been openly persecuting christians for decades in America. they are by far the most intolerant, bigoted, and racist people.

Man you sound super angry.

Okay, hate speech can be vague at times I agree and people abuse that however when I say hate speech I mean "Words that are directed at a race, gender, minority or disability in a way that incites real physical violence directed to that party."

For instance if a Muslim man gets up on his soap box and proclaims all women are property to be used and abused at the discretion of the man that "owns" them" that would 100% fall under hate speech.

If a Christian man got on his soap box and said something along the lines of "That Muslim pos over the other side of the street says that women are property, we should kill him and all his congregation for they are the devil" then that also falls under hate speech.

If Muslim dude said "All women should be subservient to men" and did not elaborate on violence or rape then it's not hate speech it's just a shitty opinion.

If the Christian guy over the street says "Fuck that guy, he's an idiot, his religion is fucking retarded" then that too is not hate speech, it's just also a shitty opinion.

So to sum up, don't be a dick and treat people like you'd like to be treated. Jesus wouldn't harm another person for no reason (Although if you had a bake sale/bring and buy in a church he'd lose his fucking mind)

7 days ago
1/11/06

I think American lefties believe in freedom. They also have this inherent trust in government and that the cure to survival and freedom is to allow the government to make great policies and apply it to everybody. They also don’t trust individuals to make decisions so everyone needs to be guided by the loving and all-knowing government to make them healthy and happy and make the policies needed so everyone else can just follow the rules.

6 days ago
7/26/12

The voices of the left with regard to religions 10 years ago was Dennet, Harris, and Hitchens. 

They were scorched earth with all religions. Funny enough the current progressives would have pushed them to being central positions and in some cases right.

Ten years ago I would have said religion poisons everything but on some level the loss of god in society has pushed people to adopt political and other social movements as their personal and unchecked religion. 

6 days ago
4/11/08
Generally more than the "right" I'd say.

I find the farther right you go, the more likely you are to find people who 'respect' their religion, but not so much others. "We want prayer in schools, but not Islamic prayer of course"

They also seem to not understand that freedom of religion is freedom from religion.

The separation of church and state is a hugely important principle. It is generally not the left who advocates mounting crosses at government buildings.

Admittedly I'm an atheist so take that for what it's worth.
6 days ago
4/11/08
skad - 
angryinch -

The left respects freedom of religion but also expects freedom from religion in return.  

In other word, you're free to believe whatever stupid shit you want but stop trying to impose that shit on everyone else.  You're anti-abortion?  Great, don't get one then.  You're anti-gay marriage?  Great, don't marry someone of your own gender.   The problem comes when the righties start trying to force everyone else to live under their religious morality.  

So yeah, the left respects freedom of religion but that's not enough for the right.  The right wants to take it further and impose their religious nonsense on everyone else.  Oh, and then the right cries about how THEY are the ones being persecuted.  

the right wants to uphold the constitution and protect peoples rights. the left wants 8 year old trannies pole dancing at Gay night clubs. the slippery slope is real and your attitude of "live and let live" is what got people AIDS and why millions of babies are murdered each year by abortion

This is only half true.

As I said above it is generally the "right" who violates tenants of separation of church and state, As well as excludes the notion of freedom FROM religion when talking about freedom OF religion. Both are constitutionally sound.

Do you think we should have the ten commandments posted at our courthouses?

Who do you think advocates for that, the right or the left?
6 days ago
3/14/04
anthonyMI - 
Mr Karate -
decasere - 
Phuckles -

Religulous was a shit documentary and Maher is a shit person.

The answer to the OP depends on what he means by Left and what he means by Freedom of Religion. Usually when I hear conservatives complain about Freedom of Religion, what they are really complaining about is their religion losing parts of its supremacy.

The right believes that freedom of religion = the right to impose their religious beliefs on everyone.  When they aren't allowed to do that they pitch a fit and start crying religious persecution.  

6 days ago
6/24/08
hermanitor - Generally more than the "right" I'd say.

I find the farther right you go, the more likely you are to find people who 'respect' their religion, but not so much others. "We want prayer in schools, but not Islamic prayer of course"

They also seem to not understand that freedom of religion is freedom from religion.

The separation of church and state is a hugely important principle. It is generally not the left who advocates mounting crosses at government buildings.

Admittedly I'm an atheist so take that for what it's worth.

Good post.
You can’t have freedom of religion without freedom from religion.
People have the right to practice their religion but only to the point that it negatively impacts other people. You have the right to swing your arms around, but that right ends where someone else’s face begins.