OtherGround Forums Does the flu do this?

7/12/20 4:12 PM
3/14/04

Covid no worse than the flu, right?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/health/what-coronavirus-autopsies-reveal/index.html

Pathologist found blood clots in 'almost every organ' during autopsies on Covid-19 patients

Autopsies on people who died of the coronavirus are helping doctors understand how the disease affects the body -- and one of the most remarkable findings concerned blood clotting, a pathologist says.

Dr. Amy Rapkiewicz, the chairman of the department of pathology at NYU Langone Medical Center, spoke to Erin Burnett on OutFront Thursday night.
Some Covid-19 patients are known to develop blood clotting issues, but the degree and the extent to which that occurs was described as "dramatic" by Rapkiewicz.
In the early stages of the pandemic, bedside clinicians noticed a lot of blood clotting "in lines and various large vessels," she said.
"What we saw at autopsy was sort of an extension of that," she said. "The clotting was not only in the large vessels but also in the smaller vessels.
"And this was dramatic, because though we might have expected it in the lungs, we found it in almost every organ that we looked at in our autopsy study," she said. Rapkiewicz's study outlining her findings was published at the end of June in The Lancet journal EClinicalMedicine.
The autopsies also showed something unusual about megakaryocytes, or large bone marrow cells. They usually don't circulate outside the bones and lungs, Rapkiewicz said.
"We found them in the heart and the kidneys and the liver and other organs," she said. "Notably in the heart, megakaryocytes produce something called platelets that are intimately involved in blood clotting."
Researchers hope to discover how these cells influence small vessel clotting in Covid-19, she said.
Pathologists have been surprised by something they didn't find.
During early stages of the pandemic, doctors thought the virus would provoke inflammation in the heart with myocarditis, she said.
But autopsies have found a very low incidents of myocarditis, Rapkiewicz said.
She said that one of the "opportunities -- if there is one to count in the virus" is that pathologists have had a chance to examine the organs of many Covid-19 victims and investigate the disease processes that take place. She said that opportunity really wasn't available with H1N1 or the original SARS outbreak.

7/12/20 4:15 PM
9/6/07

And now what?  Did you win something on the internet’s?

People live, people die.  What’s ate you trying to accomplish constantly posting this shit?

7/12/20 4:17 PM
6/6/02

Angry inch?

Do you any effective plan to combat this virus or are you going to bitch and moan 24/7 because you have nothing else in your pathetic life? 

7/12/20 4:18 PM
3/14/04
Holisexxx - 

And now what?  Did you win something on the internet’s?

People live, people die.  What’s ate you trying to accomplish constantly posting this shit?

You must have mistaken me for someone else.  I've never posted this "shit" before.  At least not that I can remember. 

What are YOU trying to accomplish?  Do you run around stalking anyone who points out that covid is very real and is not "just a flu?"

7/12/20 4:19 PM
1/12/07

1 person , 10 tests = 10 confirmations. Inflated numbers. Look at NYC for example and the nursing homes. 

Edited: 7/12/20 4:22 PM
3/14/04
fanat - 

Angry inch?

Do you any effective plan to combat this virus or are you going to bitch and moan 24/7 because you have nothing else in your pathetic life? 

Yeah, I have a very effective plan.  Stop pretending that it's either a hoax or "no worse than the flu or a common cold."   Stay home.  If you must go out, wear a mask instead of being a Karen.  Stop being an idiot and treat this like a dangerous pandemic, which is exactly what it is.

Any other questions?   What's your plan, other than going around reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeing about "muh freeeeeeeeeeedums...you can make me wear a seat belt, you can make me wear pants in public, you can make me do all kinds of things and make it illegal for me to do all kind of other things....but wearing a mask is where I draw the line!!!!   muh freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedums!"  ? 

7/12/20 4:20 PM
3/14/04
SpunQ - 

1 person , 10 tests = 10 confirmations. Inflated numbers. Look at NYC for example and the nursing homes. 

When have you seen this many ICUs at capacity or near capacity with flu and common cold patients?

7/12/20 4:22 PM
1/1/01

7/12/20 4:24 PM
3/14/04
Trust - 

You've gone full trumptard on this issue.  Not even sure what that video says but I can only imagine it's some type of video that attemptst to minimize the pandemic and probably doesn't address why, if this virus is no worse than the common cold, many ICUs are at capacity or near capacity.  Am I right???

7/12/20 4:24 PM
7/24/14
angryinch -
fanat - 

Angry inch?

Yeah, I have a very effective plan.  Stop pretending that it's either a hoax or "no worse than the flu or a common cold."   Stay home.  If you must go out, wear a mask instead of being a Karen.  Stop being an idiot and treat this like a dangerous pandemic, which is exactly what it is.

Any other questions?   What's your plan, other than going around reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeing about "muh freeeeeeeeeeedums...you can make me wear a seat belt, you can make me wear pants in public, you can make me do all kinds of things and make it illegal for me to do all kind of other things....but wearing a mask is where I draw the line!!!!   muh freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedums!"  ? 

Mask aren't 100% effective. Thereby you going out at all is literally killing people. 

you are hitler.

7/12/20 4:26 PM
12/1/12

don't even bother. It's been very clearly proven that no evidence can disprove that it's just the flu and that corona deaths are being overcounted to cause hysteria and remove us of our rights.

You'd think bringing in temporary freezer trucks for bodies, operating crematoriums longer than historically and turning a convention center into a makeshift hospital would make people think it's not the same as the annual flu but nope. 

At least the stock market doesn't care.

7/12/20 4:30 PM
2/25/09

Stop economy stop!!!!

7/12/20 4:33 PM
3/14/04
Slap Johnson - 

Stop economy stop!!!!

No need to stop the economy.  Use common sense, wear masks, don't congregate in large groups, etc... 

The economy may still be slightly damaged but it won't be completely destroyed like it will be if we continue down this path and are forced to close everything again during the next wave.  Fucks sake, we're not even past the FIRST wave yet. 

7/12/20 4:33 PM
4/10/11

The fact that I can die in a car crash. You test my dead body for Covid. I test positive and they consconsider that a Covid related death is all you need to know sheep. 

Please continue to live in fear. More people are being tested and that is your reason for the spikes. Death rates have not risen. 

You fucking sheep kill me with your fucking political bullshit. Get a life or stay home and live in fear the rest of your life. 

7/12/20 4:36 PM
3/14/04
knockout 247 - 

The fact that I can die in a car crash. You test my dead body for Covid. I test positive and they consconsider that a Covid related death is all you need to know sheep. 

Please continue to live in fear. More people are being tested and that is your reason for the spikes. Death rates have not risen. 

You fucking sheep kill me with your fucking political bullshit. Get a life or stay home and live in fear the rest of your life. 

When have you seen this many ICUs at capacity or near capacity with flu and common cold patients?

7/12/20 4:39 PM
1/1/01

The flu also doesn't pay lazy unemployment recipients to cower in their attic.

7/12/20 4:40 PM
6/28/10
knockout 247 -

lmao. Is his how people are really thinking? And why sign into this name just to post this?

7/12/20 4:41 PM
3/14/04
NiteProwleR - 

The flu also doesn't pay lazy unemployment recipients to cower in their attic.

Ah, I see.  So the ICUs are not really full of covid patients, they're full of lazy asses who are faking it so they don't have to go to work?  Yeah, I'm sure it's much more enjoyable to have a breathing tube stuck down your throat for 30+ days than to go to work. 

Brilliant analysis, just brilliant!

7/12/20 4:42 PM
3/14/04
BrckNoHitBk - 
knockout 247 -

lmao. Is his how people are really thinking? And why sign into this name just to post this?

Do you really expect any intelligent thought from people who think Trump is a genius and the best president ever???

7/12/20 4:42 PM
7/4/11

I haven't read into the blood clots or cognitive decline that has been noted in COVID 19 patients, but I wonder if there's a link between the two symptoms.

People with high blood pressure run significantly higher risks of neurodgenerative disease, likely from damaged vessels, and even transient ischemic attacks or ministrokes can cause permanent and lasting damage to the brain. If clotting can be this widespread, I wonder if it works alongside the loss of respiratory function to limit oxygen to the brain in patients with shitty enough luck to need critical care. 

Edited: 7/12/20 4:43 PM
7/4/11
knockout 247 -

"The fact that..."

This is not a fact, it's a delusion. Glad I could help clear up that misconception for you. 

7/12/20 4:45 PM
4/10/11
angryinch -
knockout 247 - 

Again you sheep will believe anything. How many hospitals in New York were empty. The media led you to believe they were at capacity. On the other hand how many times in history have we had totally unrelated deaths as something that helps the narrative of a political party?

7/12/20 4:49 PM
3/14/04
knockout 247 - 
angryinch -
knockout 247 - 

Again you sheep will believe anything. How many hospitals in New York were empty. The media led you to believe they were at capacity. On the other hand how many times in history have we had totally unrelated deaths as something that helps the narrative of a political party?

The media?  No, not the media.  The people who were there and continue to be there.  The hot spots are moving around the country and in the areas where cases rise, the ICUs fill up in ways that we haven't seen in any normal cold or flu season.

Just because a hospital in Buzzard's Crotch, Montana, population 150, isn't a hot spot doesn't mean that places like TX, FL, CA, AZ, NY, WA, you know, places where people actually live, aren't having a crisis with full ICUs.  Just yesterday in CA they had to put up makeshift tents to treat patients because the hospitals in the area were full. 

Again, When have you seen this many ICUs at capacity or near capacity with flu and common cold patients?

7/12/20 4:52 PM
11/21/19
knockout 247 -

You are wasting good space on the internet - please resign.

Edited: 7/12/20 4:54 PM
4/10/11

Here is Illinois explanation of covid deaths sheep.