OtherGround Forums Does this guy SCARE YOU?

7 days ago
12/4/18

This guy from the show Twin Peaks terrified me as a child 

7 days ago
12/4/18

7 days ago
12/4/18

7 days ago
12/4/18

7 days ago
12/4/18

7 days ago
1/1/01

Bob!

7 days ago
12/4/18
pigpen -

Bob!

Yes something about his face was extremely creepy and unsettling. 

7 days ago
7/31/09

Nope. A little creepy but not particularly scary.

7 days ago
10/5/11

Scared me as an adult. I'm pretty sure this guy wasn't even an actor. Had a different job on set but his look fit the part. 

7 days ago
6/3/03

I used to fuck guys like that in prison. 

7 days ago
12/4/18

7 days ago
6/27/18

No, and I’ll tell you why: He has long hair.

Really long hair like a woman.

i just can’t be scared of a man with hair like that. It’s hugely impractical in any kind of fighting situation.

In high school, I got in a fight with a metal head kid who had long hair like this. It was before I had any training in martial arts. I immediately grabbed his long hair and ragdolled him with it while feeding him punches with my free hand.

He had no way to counter it. His long hair gave me a wonderful handle for his head. He only got free because I let him go when they broke us up. The look on his face, I could tell it had never occurred to him that someone would use his hair to fuck him up.

The guy in your gifs actually reminds of a rocker guy, with his jean jacket and skinny build. He looks like he struggles doing push ups.

7 days ago
12/4/18
TequilaYuen -

i just can’t be scared of a man with hair like that. It’s hugely impractical in any kind of fighting situation.

In high school, I got in a fight with a metal head kid who had long hair like this. It was before I had any training in martial arts. I immediately grabbed his long hair and ragdolled him with it while feeding him punches with my free hand.

He had no way to counter it. His long hair gave me a wonderful handle for his head. He only got free because I let him go when they broke us up. The look on his face, I could tell it had never occurred to him that someone would use his hair to fuck him up.

The guy in your gifs actually reminds of a rocker guy, with his jean jacket and skinny build. He looks like he struggles doing push ups.

Lol you make some good points. The long hair adds to the creepiness in my opinion. I would also have no fear of this guy now as my adult self. I was 8 years old seeing this guy on tv. Caused me a lot of sleepless nights. This scene in particular was very terrifying.

7 days ago
12/4/18
Thai Dye -

Scared me as an adult. I'm pretty sure this guy wasn't even an actor. Had a different job on set but his look fit the part. 

His name was Frank Silva and was the set decorator on the show. While Silva was working on fixing up the set for the character Laura Palmer's bedroom in the pilot episode for Twin Peaks, Lynch decided that Silva should be Bob after accidentally filming him in a reflection in a mirror which this long-haired, prematurely gray man gave Lynch himself a jolt because of his sudden frightening appearance.

7 days ago
11/5/03
TequilaYuen -

To me, it's.not that it's long. It's that it's long and flowing and beautiful. Lots of tough guys have shitty frizzy pony tail long hair. Not many put in the time to make it nice like that.

As an aside, I used to trane with a guy with very long hair he kept in a pony tail. He could stop any armlock simply by grabbing his ponytail and wrapping it around his hand.

First time he did it, I asked if that was legal in a tournament. I dont think I ever got an answer.  

7 days ago
12/4/18

If somebody grabs your hair you press down on his hand and twist, breaking his wrist 

7 days ago
6/27/18
^ It pains me to realize there are guys like this who continue to make a living teaching such bullshit to others.
7 days ago
6/3/03
God Of Thunder -

If somebody grabs your hair you press down on his hand and twist, breaking his wrist 

Why do I feel that as soon as you dipped your head to twist that you’d end up on your ass from the person jerking your head around and throwing punches? Good move, in theory; that falls apart when you add speed and intention. Would love to see his parents do this full speed and see how it falls apart during a pressure test. 

7 days ago
1/1/01
Apparently he was a sound guy who mistakenly stayed in shot for one scene.

David Lynch naturally thought "this guy looks great, I'm going to rewrite the entire storyline to include him as a recurring character because I'm David Lynch!"
7 days ago
3/18/02
TequilaYuen - 

actually came here to post this

fight me with a handle on your head lol

youre dead 

7 days ago
12/17/06
BigEyedFish -
TequilaYuen - 

actually came here to post this

fight me with a handle on your head lol

youre dead 

.38 -> face

While my hair flows like a fucking lion's mane.

7 days ago
3/18/02

lol

7 days ago
1/1/01
7 days ago
12/30/10

Used to scare me back when I watched the show. 

Doesn’t anymore because I’m older and he’s dead. 

6 days ago
12/4/18
dxgnr8 -

Used to scare me back when I watched the show. 

Doesn’t anymore because I’m older and he’s dead. 

Same