OtherGround Forums Dumb sh*t my wife says #49629582

Edited: 5 days ago
7/15/02

We’re in the middle of doing some renovations in the house and I told my wife I was going to re-do the bathroom in our rev room. New toilet, vanity, sink, paint, etc. 

I mentioned that I know a guy through a coworker who’s a plumber and does side jobs for cash and is going to install a new toilet, among a few other things. Here’s where the conversation went from there:

Wife: A new toilet has to be installed? But we already have a toilet there?

Me: Yes. And this guy is going to remove the old one and hook up the new one. 

Wife: Why can’t you just put the new toilet where the old one was?

Me: We are. (Starting to see where she’s going with this).... 

Wife: So just put the new one where the old one is? Why does anyone have to do anything if we already have a toilet there?

Me: you realize a toilet has to be hooked up to water so it can flush, right? You can’t just fake it out of the box and put it against a wall?

Wife: oh, I guess your right. It needs to have running water....

WTF

5 days ago
11/8/09

Maybe she’s wondering why you don’t just rip out your old toilet and drop a new one in yourself  like a man instead of hiring another man to do it for you...

5 days ago
11/30/11
King Trav -

Maybe she’s wondering why you don’t just rip out your old toilet and drop a new one in yourself  like a man instead of hiring another man to do it for you...

Well I wasn’t gonna say it but......

5 days ago
10/15/13
King Trav -

Image result for ron swanson nodding gif

5 days ago
7/15/02

Yeah. Fair point.  But, toilet installs? C’mon. 

5 days ago
10/15/13

I await the Spin from OP's co-worker plumber friend.

5 days ago
2/15/05
King Trav -

Had to be said

5 days ago
4/20/17

Awaits pics of wife on new toilet...

5 days ago
5/28/12
Yossarian -

It's literally a 5 minute job.... turn off water, unhook, unbolt, rip off, new wax seal, slam down, rebolt, turn on water

5 days ago
6/3/11
King Trav -

She basically said why did I marry a useless man who can't even hook up water

5 days ago
12/29/03

To be fair... Replacing a toilet is super easy. 

5 days ago
11/8/09
Yossarian -

Watch a YouTube video, then tell your wife you’re going to tackle the toilet to save a few hundred bucks. Tell her you’ll need to shut the water off ALL DAY so she might as well make plans and leave for the day (you could shoot for a weekend too).

Once she leaves do the job in about an hour or so, then enjoy the rest of your day to play video games and jerk off. Don’t clean up until just before she gets home so it looks like you just finished. 

You’re welcome. 

5 days ago
12/22/10
Yossarian -

We’re in the middle of doing some renovations in the house and I told my wife I was going to re-do the bathroom in our rev room. New toilet, vanity, sink, paint, etc. 

I mentioned that I know a guy through a coworker who’s a plumber and does side jobs for cash and is going to install a new toilet, among a few other things. Here’s where the conversation went from there:

Wife: A new toilet has to be installed? But we already have a toilet there?

Me: Yes. And this guy is going to remove the old one and hook up the new one. 

Wife: Why can’t you just put the new toilet where the old one was?

Me: We are. (Starting to see where she’s going with this).... 

Wife: So just put the new one where the old one is? Why does anyone have to do anything if we already have a toilet there?

Me: you realize a toilet has to be hooked up to water so it can flush, right? You can’t just fake it out of the box and put it against a wall?

Wife: oh, I guess your right. It needs to have running water....

WTF

Your wife thinks you're a fag. 

Replacing a terlit is simple. 

- black Doug

5 days ago
10/15/13

Even this toolbag can do it

5 days ago
12/19/10

This one turned on the OP quickly

5 days ago
8/14/02

Huge backfire on Yossarian here haha the only stupid thing his wife did in this case was assuming that her husband might have rudimentary handyman skills

5 days ago
7/25/08
LOL@ these blue collar people doing by themselves the shit you hire immigrants to do for you, and then trying to make fun of a guy for not having to get his hands dirty.

This fucking place, man.
5 days ago
12/5/10

You ain’t gonna win this one op 

5 days ago
1/5/11
King Trav -
Yossarian -

Watch a YouTube video, then tell your wife you’re going to tackle the toilet to save a few hundred bucks. Tell her you’ll need to shut the water off ALL DAY so she might as well make plans and leave for the day (you could shoot for a weekend too).

Once she leaves do the job in about an hour or so, then enjoy the rest of your day to play video games and jerk off. Don’t clean up until just before she gets home so it looks like you just finished. 

You’re welcome. 

This guy gets it. 100%.

As far as toilets are concerned, I don't know if I've ever even been told how to replace them. I think I just did it. So fucking easy. No instructions.

5 days ago
7/15/02
phillymmafan -

You ain’t gonna win this one op 

I already have. 

5 days ago
1/9/02

I hate home remodeling shit. my wife loves HGTV and it gives her all of these retarded ideas on ways to spend money, she doesn't know how to do anything and I dont see any reason to replace a perfectly good toilet with another one with a slightly different shape when I could be doing my hobbies instead. I've vetoed hiring ppl to fix things that aren't broken

fuck working on the house all weekend.

5 days ago
1/9/02

I hate the word "update", like you need to spend 40k to change the style of your house like teenage girls change clothes. Its ridiculous.

5 days ago
8/23/11
LOL at everyone hating on a guy for not replacing a toilet.

The OP says its a bathroom reno. Meaning it's not just the toilet needing replaced. Why would he hire a guy to reno his bathroom, yet replace his own toilet.

Most responders in this thread should be part of the #dumbthingsOG'ers said part 3573548954047
5 days ago
11/13/14

4/10

5 days ago
7/12/16

In for when she fucks the plumber.