OtherGround Forums ELVIS PRESLEY “IN THE GHETTO” | REACTION

10 days ago
8/26/11

I hate how so many of these youtubers try to act like they've never heard of uber famous songs and they're listening to it for the first time. So damn dumb.

Edited: 10 days ago
11/18/11
Kimbos Lice -

I hate how so many of these youtubers try to act like they've never heard of uber famous songs and they're listening to it for the first time. So damn dumb.

I reckon a lot of them are just snotty nosed punks that really don't know anything. You'd be surprised the things todays kids don't know.

10 days ago
11/18/11

10 days ago
7/15/17

I always like Elvis version of something 

10 days ago
12/22/10

Elvis was Vanilla Ice before Vanilla Ice.

10 days ago
4/20/02

9 days ago
3/26/09

I like this one better

9 days ago
1/1/01

Interestng guy. He became a character of himself years ago with all the weight he gained plus taking downers.  What a sad end he had.

9 days ago
3/16/15

People should take the tour at Graceland.  It is spectacular.  It is frozen in time in 1977.

Edited: 9 days ago
11/18/11

I always loved this old Sun Records recording, especially like Charlie  Fearthers' guitar solo. Found a live version here from the Louisiana Hayride in 1955.

9 days ago
11/18/11

9 days ago
3/16/15
Snappy Whistleteeth - 

I like this one better

That was terrible.

Really bad.

Really fucking bad.

8 days ago
11/18/11

8 days ago
2/19/14
oblongo -

There's a video out there taken from a concert just before Elvis's death. He looks awful: fat, bloated, stoned, wheezing for breath.

You want to turn it off, but then he starts to sing Unchained Melody. No backing band, just him on the piano. And it is chilling how good he is.

1st concert I ever saw was fat, bloated, stoned, wheezing for breath Elvis. About 1 year before he died.

He started to sing a song, Kentucky Rain, I think, fucked up the words, and 1 of his people's brought out the words written down on paper. He made a joke about it and started the song over.

The place ate it up.

8 days ago
4/20/02

8 days ago
3/16/15
Megatherium - 

That is one of The King's best songs

8 days ago
9/26/10
UltimateKeyboardWarrior -

People should take the tour at Graceland.  It is spectacular.  It is frozen in time in 1977.

bucket list. 

8 days ago
9/26/10
Megatherium - 

late 60s elvis with kentucky rain, in the ghetto, if i can dream, don't cry daddy, suspicious minds etc. is my favorite elvis. and its not even close. 

great stuff. 

8 days ago
9/26/10
oblongo -

pretty near his death right here. i think read or watched something that said he was never quite as fat as he appeared, but all the meds he was on just bloated him terribly. not stating this as fact. 

this performance was just tremendous. could barely breathe while talking before hand. seemed very out of it, not talking or thinking clearly. Gets on the piano and just crushes it. Every note. 

RIP

8 days ago
3/16/15
ufc98newb - 
Megatherium - 

late 60s elvis with kentucky rain, in the ghetto, if i can dream, don't cry daddy, suspicious minds etc. is my favorite elvis. and its not even close. 

great stuff. 

Correct post is correct

8 days ago
11/18/11
eubie5 -
oblongo -

There's a video out there taken from a concert just before Elvis's death. He looks awful: fat, bloated, stoned, wheezing for breath.

You want to turn it off, but then he starts to sing Unchained Melody. No backing band, just him on the piano. And it is chilling how good he is.

1st concert I ever saw was fat, bloated, stoned, wheezing for breath Elvis. About 1 year before he died.

He started to sing a song, Kentucky Rain, I think, fucked up the words, and 1 of his people's brought out the words written down on paper. He made a joke about it and started the song over.

The place ate it up.

I always wanted to see Elvis perform live in Vegas but I never did getb around to it.

I really wish I had.

8 days ago
1/17/03
Megatherium -

This is some incredibly powerful stuff.

Elvis is the man!

Wow

7 days ago
2/19/14
Wayne Glamcock -
Thrill Hammer -
invalid -
Megatherium - 
King Trav -

I've loved that song since I was a little kid. 

Yeah. It doesn't get much better than In The Ghetto.

Suspicious Minds is still the greatest

This. I love that fucking song. I love Elvis in general but thats his best song.

And for what its worth King Creole is his best movie.

i think one of his best performances

7 days ago
11/18/11

7 days ago
3/16/15
eubie5 - 
Wayne Glamcock -
Thrill Hammer -
invalid -
Megatherium - 
King Trav -

I've loved that song since I was a little kid. 

Yeah. It doesn't get much better than In The Ghetto.

Suspicious Minds is still the greatest

This. I love that fucking song. I love Elvis in general but thats his best song.

And for what its worth King Creole is his best movie.

i think one of his best performances

Agreed 100%.  

But he had so many, so many kick ass performances.