OtherGround Forums EPA going after car tuners aggressively

9 days ago
5/30/05

Thanks, Biden.

A major tuner was raided yesterday by the EPA. Another one closed up shop today because they are freaked out about it and decided it wasn't worth the risks. The fines are astronomical. 

It is pretty awesome we have the time to harass American small businesses while we have a mountain of issues to attack. It obviously is not by accident this happened as soon as the Biden admin took over. The comrades at the EPA have been waiting to ratchet up the pressure on tuners. I can't add some more power to my car but they can fly in private planes and cower to China, whom is the biggest polluter in the entire world. I am involved in the tuning community and have friends that are involved with tuning. It sucks to see them have to deal with these overzealous fanatics. 

9 days ago
1/1/01

No shit??

Where did this happen?

Edited: 9 days ago
12/3/03

no one can have fun in teh commie world order

no car tuning.. prob no music events

drive your vanilla tesla.. and use a bog standard iphone

this is what communism looks like

commies used to wear the same clothes everyday. 

9 days ago
10/25/06

Must be in commiefornia.

9 days ago
2/14/10

Meanwhile people here in NJ are running around with 20 year old cars that haven't been inspected in years, with temp Texas tags printed off the internet. Police won't touch them, because they are almost completely hands off these days.

9 days ago
5/26/14

Anyone have any info on tuning an infiniti q50s hybrid??

Always wanted to look into it but wasn't sure if it would get shifty w the electric motor also

9 days ago
5/30/05

Several vendors stopped production of their down pipes today. 

9 days ago
5/30/05
0hi0direct -

Always wanted to look into it but wasn't sure if it would get shifty w the electric motor also

I would not attempt to even get someone to tune that. Just tune the 3.0TT on the other models. Too much risk. 

9 days ago
10/29/08

Who shut down?

9 days ago
5/30/05
JD Mpls -

Who shut down?

I'm keeping the name of the big one that was raided quiet in public because it is not public yet. I only know this because of whom I am frens with. It is a very large tuner. 

A tuning company out of WI named Brew City Boost shut down today. They posted it in public so I can comment on it. They are really good guys too. 

There are several others that said point blank they will never tune catless down pipes or headers again too. 

I have been warning people to not fuck with catless products for this very reason. The gains are not worth it. 

Edited: 9 days ago
7/15/04
Cotton -

I have catted downpipes and a JB4 tuner among other things on my BMW. 

9 days ago
4/1/11
Cotton -

Thanks, Biden.

A major tuner was raided yesterday by the EPA. Another one closed up shop today because they are freaked out about it and decided it wasn't worth the risks. The fines are astronomical. 

It is pretty awesome we have the time to harass American small businesses while we have a mountain of issues to attack. It obviously is not by accident this happened as soon as the Biden admin took over. The comrades at the EPA have been waiting to ratchet up the pressure on tuners. I can't add some more power to my car but they can fly in private planes and cower to China, whom is the biggest polluter in the entire world. I am involved in the tuning community and have friends that are involved with tuning. It sucks to see them have to deal with these overzealous fanatics. 

I know where a torched tesla is and we wanna do a body swap on something loud 

9 days ago
12/3/03

it' snot going to stop with cars people

they will go after your pets too

not now, as pets are necessary to keep you company during the great reset

but you will see

it's another thing people will be like "dang crazy EY was right" 5-10 years later

9 days ago
5/30/05
TexDeuce -
Cotton -

I don't understand why guys go through all of this bullshit to go catless. It is not at all worth having to use defoulers and not being able to return to stock without CEL or readiness issues for inspection. The difference between the PPE catted down pipes I have and their previously catless is 7 whp. So stupid. 

9 days ago
9/24/07

Oh, no. No more fart boxes on the back of riced-out shittily-modded ramen rockets. Clutch the pearls, whatever shall we do? 

Seriously, it sucks, but I can't get too worked up over what my old ass saw as a major annoyance anyways. Sucks for.... What'd you call em? "tuners"? 

Yeah, sucks for them.

9 days ago
9/24/07

Like, I get it, CARB can eat a whole bag of dicks, so I'm kinda on your side, OP. 

9 days ago
10/30/19
Cotton -
TexDeuce -
Cotton -

I don't understand why guys go through all of this bullshit to go catless. It is not at all worth having to use defoulers and not being able to return to stock without CEL or readiness issues for inspection. The difference between the PPE catted down pipes I have and their previously catless is 7 whp. So stupid. 

I actually never had CEL issues on my last car which was catless, but it's a constant problem on my current car with hi-flo cats. Both are VAG.

9 days ago
11/16/08

The whistles go, "wah-wah"  (sad trombone)

9 days ago
5/30/05
Homelander -
Cotton -
TexDeuce -
Cotton -

I actually never had CEL issues on my last car which was catless, but it's a constant problem on my current car with hi-flo cats. Both are VAG.

I know some of them smell awful too catless. That is a dealbreaker for me. 

9 days ago
5/30/05
I No Kung Foo -

The whistles go, "wah-wah"  (sad trombone)

Wu Tang War Whistles 

9 days ago
4/15/10
b.d. -

Oh, no. No more fart boxes on the back of riced-out shittily-modded ramen rockets. Clutch the pearls, whatever shall we do? 

Seriously, it sucks, but I can't get too worked up over what my old ass saw as a major annoyance anyways. Sucks for.... What'd you call em? "tuners"? 

Yeah, sucks for them.

“Mercian muscle cars” can be tuned as well, fucking moron.

The company OP mentions, Brew City Boost, is known for tuning F150‘s and mustangs. 

9 days ago
5/26/14
Cotton -
0hi0direct -

I would not attempt to even get someone to tune that. Just tune the 3.0TT on the other models. Too much risk. 

Right on. 

Always figured the same, I saw a few ppl doing it but didn't seem like enough to give me confidence in it. 

Stock it stays. 

9 days ago
12/13/02

I was shocked and bummed when Brew City Boost posted that they won’t be tuning anymore. They were one of the best tuners for F-150’s and I was planning on buying some tunes for my truck from them. 

9 days ago
7/28/08

So glad I don’t live in a state run by faggots.

9 days ago
1/1/01
b.d. -

Yeah, sucks for them.