7 days ago
4/19/09

Eid al-Adha 'Feast of the Sacrifice', IPA: [?i?d æl???d??æ?]) or Eid Qurban (Persian: ??? ?????‎), also called the "Festival of the Sacrifice", is the second of two Islamic holidays celebrated worldwide each year (the other being Eid al-Fitr), and considered the holier of the two.

It honours the willingness of Ibrahim (Abraham) to sacrifice his son as an act of obedience to God's command. But, before Abraham could sacrifice his son, God provided a lamb to sacrifice instead. In commemoration of this intervention, an animal is sacrificed and divided into three parts. One share is given to the poor and needy, another is kept for home, and the third is given to relatives.

One of the main trials of Ibrahim (Abraham's) life was to face the command of God to sacrifice his dearest possession, his son.[7] The son is not named in the Quran, but the earliest Islamic traditions identify Isma’il (Ishmael) as the son who was sacrificed. Upon hearing this command, Abraham prepared to submit to the will of God.[22] During this preparation, Shaytaan (the Devil) tempted Abraham and his family by trying to dissuade them from carrying out God's commandment, and Abraham drove Satan away by throwing pebbles at him. In commemoration of their rejection of Satan, stones are thrown at symbolic pillars during the Stoning of the Devil during Hajj rites.[23]

When Abraham attempted to cut his son's throat on mount Arafat,[22] he was astonished to see that his son was unharmed and instead, he found an animal [7] which was slaughtered. Abraham had passed the test by his willingness to carry out God's command.[24][25]

This story is known as the Akedah in Judaism (Binding of Isaac) and originates in the Torah,[26] the first book of Moses (Genesis, Ch. 22). The Quran refers to the Akedah as follows:[27]

100 "O my Lord! Grant me a righteous (son)!"
101 So We gave him the good news of a boy ready to suffer and forbear.
102 Then, when (the son) reached (the age of) (serious) work with him, he said: "O my son! I see in vision that I offer thee in sacrifice: Now see what is thy view!" (The son) said: "O my father! Do as thou art commanded: thou will find me if Allah so wills one practicing Patience and Constancy!"
103 So when they had both submitted their wills (to Allah), and he had laid him prostrate on his forehead (for sacrifice),
104 We called out to him "O Abraham!
105 "Thou hast already fulfilled the vision!" – thus indeed do We reward those who do right.
106 For this was obviously a trial–
107 And We ransomed him with a momentous sacrifice:
108 And We left (this blessing) for him among generations (to come) in later times:
109 "Peace and salutation to Abraham!"
110 Thus indeed do We reward those who do right.
111 For he was one of our believing Servants.
112 And We gave him the good news of Isaac – a prophet – one of the Righteous.

— Quran, sura 37 (A?-??ff?t), ?y?t 100–112[28]

Abraham had shown that his love for God superseded all others: that he would lay down his own life or the lives of those dearest to him in submission to God's command. Muslims commemorate this ultimate act of sacrifice every year during Eid al-Adha. While Abraham was prepared to make an ultimate sacrifice, God ultimately prevents the sacrifice, additionally signifying that one should never sacrifice a human life, especially not in the name of God.[citation needed]

The word "Eid" appears once in Al-Ma'ida, the fifth sura of the Quran, with the meaning "solemn festival".[29]

7 days ago
12/22/10

7 days ago
3/15/06
Black Doug -

LOL

7 days ago
1/1/01
Black Doug - 

yep

7 days ago
12/13/15

No one cares you degenerate cave person

7 days ago
5/19/17

Some farmers here are gonna miss some sheeps again. Muslims here actually steel sheeps

7 days ago
7/31/09

Yep, crazy stupid fucks have been killing their children in the name of their God for thousands of years.

Hooray!

Piece of shit.

6 days ago
11/26/16

Eid Mubarak OP

6 days ago
11/9/10
Black Doug -

Of all the first posts that have been perfect on here this one is the most perfect. 

6 days ago
11/9/17
Black Doug -

Exactly, fuck off! 

6 days ago
3/27/03
Dutchemperor86 -

Some farmers here are gonna miss some sheeps again. Muslims here actually steel sheeps

Muslim romance 

6 days ago
6/13/09

Starting  a thread on a subject that nobody gives a flying turd about is an odd thing to do.

What could you possibly hope to accomplish?

6 days ago
7/25/08
blood fist -

Starting  a thread on a subject that nobody gives a flying turd about is an odd thing to do.

It's no different than a Merry Christmas thread you f****** moron.

6 days ago
3/13/17

Eid Mubarak my brother. 

Pay no mind to the ignorance.

Edited: 6 days ago
12/26/05

Happy sacrificing? Happy sacrifice day?

Merry sacrifice festival?

I'm not really sure the proper holiday greeting for this.

6 days ago
5/10/08

Happy Eid al-Adha.

6 days ago
5/10/08
CavemanDave -

I'm not sure the proper holiday greeting for this.

Same shit as happy Easter....

6 days ago
12/26/05
lionsoul -
CavemanDave -

I'm not sure the proper holiday greeting for this.

Same shit as happy Easter....

Oh well shit.

Well in that case, happy Muslim Easter ghen.

6 days ago
6/13/09
Slowshot -
blood fist -

It's no different than a Merry Christmas thread you f****** moron.

Yes, it is. Isn't Christmas about Christ?

Another thing: I don't know who you are, but I don't appreciate being insulted.

That's your warning. You only get one.

6 days ago
6/20/13

Son of Terah.. father of many nations.

Patriarch of Judaism, Islam and Christianity.

Buried in Hebron.

King Herod of Jesus’ day had an enclosure built over his tomb. It is the only Herodian structure left to this day as the Second Temple was destroyed by the Romans as Jesus predicted.

The Tomb of the Patriarchs is said to have been the tomb of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the book of Genesis.

Without Abraham there would be no monotheistic religions in the modern era.

6 days ago
3/14/12

Selamat Hari Raya (as we say in my house)....

Do I believe in the bible or Koran? Not at all......

should that stop me enjoying religious festivals and wishing good health and fortune on my family, friends and fellow man.... Not at all....

To all who are celebrating today, enjoy....

4 days ago
6/13/09

I respect the holidays of other religions.

My main point is that Ghenghis started the thread purely to stir things up.

4 days ago
7/10/19
blood fist -

If the equivalent of 'Happy Holidays' was enough to 'stir things up' then the issue probably lies elsewhere.

No offence intended. No last warning needed

4 days ago
6/13/09
NutBerryFields - 
blood fist -

If the equivalent of 'Happy Holidays' was enough to 'stir things up' then the issue probably lies elsewhere.

No offence intended. No last warning needed

The problem was that slowshot came in with a stupid unprovoked insult for no good reason.

There's so much of that. It's ruining the OG.

I  have no problem with you.

4 days ago
4/19/09
blood fist -

I have wished everyone a happy eid for ten years on here, twice a year without fail.