OtherGround Forums Empty hospitals all across the US

3/30/20 9:17 AM
10/24/10

It was only a matter of time before people started calling this bullshit out for what it was. Hospitals aren't "war zones" and they aren't "overwhelmed". The MEDIA is the fucking virus!

3/30/20 9:21 AM
10/12/15

3/30/20 9:22 AM
5/13/11

Jesus the mental gymnastics. 

People across the country are being told NOT to go to the hospital for routine concerns or non life threatening issues. Only for the most serious reason. 

Hospitals and doctors nationwide are offering virtual consultations and treatments to keep people away from hospitals for now. 

But hey, some photos of the outside of a suburban hospital in TX totally proves that there are no over run hospitals in the epicenters of the outbreaks we've seen so far! 

Nailed it bro!

3/30/20 9:24 AM
1/12/07
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

People across the country are being told NOT to go to the hospital for routine concerns or non life threatening issues. Only for the most serious reason. 

Hospitals and doctors nationwide are offering virtual consultations and treatments to keep people away from hospitals for now. 

But hey, some photos of the outside of a suburban hospital in TX totally proves that there are no over run hospitals in the epicenters of the outbreaks we've seen so far! 

Nailed it bro!

CBS News Caught Using Footage from an Italian Hospital to Describe Conditions in New York City (VIDEO)

3/30/20 9:32 AM
5/13/11
SpunQ -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

Nailed it bro!

CBS News Caught Using Footage from an Italian Hospital to Describe Conditions in New York City (VIDEO)

Ever think it's possible that camera crews aren't actually allowed into, or don't want to go into the actual hospitals in NY where someone is dying every 10 minutes from this? 

In a full 4 minute video full of actual footage from NY subways and public places, and interviews and comments from officials, you're calling ojt a 1 second clip in a montage as your Qtard proof that there isn't really a serious issue in NY right now?

If you were in charge of a hospital in the epicenters of the NY outbreak, would you let a camera crew in to film the most dangerous wars?

If you were a cameraman for CBS would you be willing to go in their just t ok get some footage? 

3/30/20 9:35 AM
5/24/18

I’m far from an alarmist. I work at a hospital in Michigan. They aren’t allowing visitors, therefore parking lots are empty. Don’t be obtuse 

3/30/20 9:36 AM
5/8/11
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
SpunQ -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

Nailed it bro!

Ever think it's possible that camera crews aren't actually allowed into, or don't want to go into the actual hospitals in NY where someone is dying every 10 minutes from this? 

In a full 4 minute video full of actual footage from NY subways and public places, and interviews and comments from officials, you're calling ojt a 1 second clip in a montage as your Qtard proof that there isn't really a serious issue in NY right now?

If you were in charge of a hospital in the epicenters of the NY outbreak, would you let a camera crew in to film the most dangerous wars?

If you were a cameraman for CBS would you be willing to go in their just t ok get some footage? 

I think hospitals would allow camera crews in as long as they respect the privacy of the patients.  If they want to show the people how bad it realy is, yes, i think the media would be welcome.

Edited: 3/30/20 10:55 AM
1/1/01

I work in an 833 bed facility part of the day here in Upstate NY.  Things are on absolute lockdown. We are a teaching acedemic medical center and even research and the medical/nursing schools are shut down.

3/30/20 9:37 AM
11/16/08
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
SpunQ -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

Nailed it bro!

It's not as if

3/30/20 9:39 AM
5/13/11
fnunderful -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
SpunQ -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

Nailed it bro!

I think hospitals would allow camera crews in as long as they respect the privacy of the patients.  If they want to show the people how bad it realy is, yes, i think the media would be welcome.

I disagree. 

Even IF a hospital administrator in an epicenter of the outbreak were idiotic enough to allow media in (when they wont even allow family members or any public in), would you as a cameraman be willing to go into the most dangerous ward in the hospital for a tiny bit of footage? 

3/30/20 9:42 AM
1/1/01

It would make sense that hospitals that serve areas of low population density away from major metropolitan areas would be slow.  People are staying in and not getting hurt or sick like normal.  Automobile accident rates have plummeted, for example.   

Even though we have over 135K active case in the US, less than 3000 of those are considered "serious," meaning needing hospitalization.  

So, on the one hand, yes, the media is giving an imprecise picture of what is actually happening, but at the same time the fact that most areas are not being overwhelmed does not mean it is not happening in some places.  

3/30/20 9:43 AM
5/13/11
I No Kung Foo -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
SpunQ -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

Nailed it bro!

It's not as if

I have no clue what that picture is, or what you're getting at with this response. That appears to have absolutely nothing to do with a hospital or filming footage inside the 'COVID19' lockdown ward of a hospital in NY. 

Use your words please. 

3/30/20 9:58 AM
1/1/01
Outkaster -

I work in an 833 bed facility part of the day.  Things are on absolute lockdown. We are a teaching acedemic medical center and even research and the medical/nursing schools are shut down.

The question you're answering is not the question that was asked.   How many ICU beds do you have, and how many of those are full?

3/30/20 10:02 AM
11/19/08

I do have to wonder where all the viral videos by civilians in the hospitals are, in this viral video crazy society.  Much like we were seeing from Wuhan. It’s odd that we don’t see those. Or media crews outside of hospitals regularly. 

And I say this as a nyc fireman literally working from the hardest hit borough as we type...

3/30/20 10:06 AM
1/1/01
phydeau - 
Outkaster -

I work in an 833 bed facility part of the day.  Things are on absolute lockdown. We are a teaching acedemic medical center and even research and the medical/nursing schools are shut down.

The question you're answering is not the question that was asked.   How many ICU beds do you have, and how many of those are full?

They are getting ready for a potential huge influx.  This virus does not result in a slow steady stream of increasing patients.  It explodes all at once.  The Italian doctors were describing the sitiation as a bomb going off.  Everything was normal then shortly afterwards the number of ICU patients were pouring in.

Edited: 3/30/20 10:09 AM
5/13/11
garythekid -

I do have to wonder where all the viral videos by civilians in the hospitals are, in this viral video crazy society.  Much like we were seeing from Wuhan. It’s odd that we don’t see those. Or media crews outside of hospitals regularly. 

And I say this as a nyc fireman literally working from the hardest hit borough as we type...

I am completely speculating here, but I would guess that the most severe patients in the actual ICU or COVID19 restrocted wards are not allowed their personal belongings and the hospitals are likely bagging up all their personal items for containment purposes. 

Maybe mataleo1 or one of the doctors on the inside can speak to this? 

Edited: 3/30/20 10:10 AM
11/11/11
The Last Emperor -

It was only a matter of time before people started calling this bullshit out for what it was. Hospitals aren't "war zones" and they aren't "overwhelmed". The MEDIA is the fucking virus!

"It was only a matter of time"

Where the fuck have you been? Conspiratards and the right have been calling Covid-19 a hoax and overhyped before the first American case. And like all things the right boldly proclaim (usually without substance or even thinking about it, simply because it fits their "don't trust science" narrative) now they had to keep the nonsense going.

Hence, you have dozens of conspiratards with mobile phones running around the country looking for any "empty" hospital to prove their point. So congrats, out of the thousands of hospitals in America Dimwits With Cameras found a handful that weren't overflowing with patients and deceased.

"The media is the virus"

No, stupidity is. So is ignorance and denying reality. All of which the right have cornered the market on, yet again.

3/30/20 10:12 AM
11/16/08
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
I No Kung Foo -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
SpunQ -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

Nailed it bro!

It's not as if

I have no clue what that picture is, or what you're getting at with this response. That appears to have absolutely nothing to do with a hospital or filming footage inside the 'COVID19' lockdown ward of a hospital in NY. 

Use your words please. 

Suprised you don't know. It was an outrage that made headlines.

3/30/20 10:16 AM
1/1/01

I am on a plane right now to go see my dad in ICU right now. 

I will get an up close and personal look at a large hospital ICU 

Mark

3/30/20 10:17 AM
8/19/19
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
fnunderful -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
SpunQ -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

Nailed it bro!

I disagree. 

Even IF a hospital administrator in an epicenter of the outbreak were idiotic enough to allow media in (when they wont even allow family members or any public in), would you as a cameraman be willing to go into the most dangerous ward in the hospital for a tiny bit of footage? 

They go into war zones you fucking moron.
3/30/20 10:18 AM
4/9/10

I think it depends on the area of the country right now but I can tell you that my sister, sister-in-law, mother-in-law and a few of my closest friends all work in our local hospital here in the Midwest. Several of the ICUs are maxed out and they’ve cancelled all elective surgeries because they’re using the post-op beds for COVID patients. The ER is overwhelmed either with people showing symptoms or people freaking out that they might have it. 
I worked there for several years with all of them when I was in school and I have heard from them all that they’ve never seen anything like it. 

3/30/20 10:21 AM
9/13/08
The Last Emperor - 

I am sure that in epicenters of the outbreak, they are very busy.

Let's not try and deflect from the seriousness of the issue, and understand that these hospitals will all become very busy, and need equipment to ensure that healthcare professionals are safe, and people can be treated.

I agree the media wants nothing more than a full on citizen panic, but it doesn't mitigate coming bed shortages, supply shortages, etc....

3/30/20 10:24 AM
6/30/07
Trust -

It would make sense that hospitals that serve areas of low population density away from major metropolitan areas would be slow.  People are staying in and not getting hurt or sick like normal.  Automobile accident rates have plummeted, for example.   

Even though we have over 135K active case in the US, less than 3000 of those are considered "serious," meaning needing hospitalization.  

So, on the one hand, yes, the media is giving an imprecise picture of what is actually happening, but at the same time the fact that most areas are not being overwhelmed does not mean it is not happening in some places.  

Actually, those rural hospitals are filling up because the things that normally get shipped on to the larger facilities (brain bleeds, complicated cardiac, high risk OB) aren't getting transferred because the big guys aren't accepting new admits.

3/30/20 10:25 AM
9/13/08
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
fnunderful -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
SpunQ -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

Nailed it bro!

I disagree. 

Well, then don't use a picture identifying it as hospital in New York, or an article about the outbreak in New York. How about saying that we were not allowed to have cameras in the facility, or better yet, we did not want to risk the health of our employees by sending them in with cameras where there was an obviously high level of contagion.

Literally, your first post was about someone using the same mental gymnastics you are using here to justify your opinion.

3/30/20 10:32 AM
1/1/01
Soup and Beer -
phydeau - 
Outkaster -

They are getting ready for a potential huge influx.  This virus does not result in a slow steady stream of increasing patients.  It explodes all at once.  The Italian doctors were describing the sitiation as a bomb going off.  Everything was normal then shortly afterwards the number of ICU patients were pouring in.

It's been well over two weeks. When is the bomb gonna go off?