OtherGround Forums Enter the dragon

7/4/14 10:59 PM
9/24/12
Interesting:

1. Steve McQueen, James Coburn and Chuck Norris were amongst the pallbearers at Bruce Lee’s funeral.

2. Bruce Lee had the ability to snatch a dime off a person’s open palm before they could close it, and leave a penny behind.

3. In 1962, Bruce lee landed 15 punches, a kick and knocked out his opponent in a fight that lasted only 11 seconds.

4. Bruce Lee’s kicks were so fast that while filming for one scene in Enter the Dragon, they had to re-film it in slow motion (34 frames) so that it wouldn’t appear fake.

5. Bruce Lee was a fan of The Great Gama, the only undefeated wrestler in the world. Great Gama’s career spanned 50 years. – S Phone Post 3.0
7/5/14 12:14 AM
1/1/01
rustyshakleford - One of the best flix ever.....
John Saxon was dope Phone Post 3.0
With a terrible wig. Lol

Mark Phone Post 3.0
7/5/14 1:01 AM
5/13/10
HalfThisGameIs90PercentMental -
pigpen - You think my wife would like it? Phone Post 3.0
The question is why isn't she in the kitchen making you a sandwich while you watch this classic movie? Phone Post 3.0
If she doesn't he is allowed by man law to divorce her and ask for the many years he wasted time back. Fact Phone Post 3.0
7/5/14 1:38 AM
1/1/01
I got Enter the Dragon on BluRay last year and time hasn't been kind to it.

My girlfriend kept asking if it was a spoof like Kung Pow...
7/5/14 2:05 AM
9/24/12
Squatdog - I got Enter the Dragon on BluRay last year and time hasn't been kind to it.

:/ Phone Post 3.0
7/5/14 2:20 AM
7/28/02
I was going to say the fastest kick I have ever seen was against Mr. Han next to the display of other prosthetic hands. My friend would rewind it and play it over and over. I thought it was sped up or fake it was so fast.
7/5/14 6:06 AM
1/1/01
Squatdog - I got Enter the Dragon on BluRay last year and time hasn't been kind to it.

"girlfriend"

RIIIIIIGGGHT.
7/5/14 6:39 AM
1/1/01
Some people don't have to settle for Japanese mail-order brides.
7/5/14 9:41 AM
9/24/12
Lol ^^^ Phone Post 3.0
7/5/14 10:36 AM
5/8/08
"Gentlemen,welcome.You honor our island.I look forward to a tournament of truly epic proportions.We are unique,gentlemen,in that we create ourselves.Through long years of rigorous training,sacrifice,denial,pain,we forge our bodies in the fire of our will.But tonight,let us celebrate.Gentlemen,you have our gratitude."

Still the best Martial Arts movie ever made.
7/5/14 10:49 AM
1/1/01

Pat E. Johnson in Karate Kid 3 ("Light contact is allowed and I do mean light, Mr Barnes!")

Pat E. Johnson in Enter The Dragon ("It's the money Roper or I gotta break something!")

7/5/14 10:58 AM
1/1/01
During the banquet, there is a random shot of a dude playing the chinese lute thing, and his eyes are darting back and forth. It's extremely suspicious. Perhaps Han was doping up the lute players as well as the women.

When Lee is sneaking through the "palace" the same area where the banquet was. and he in his little ballerina shoes and black lycra suit, nimbly moving along. And there is a guard with nunchaku. The actor who is playing the guard changes at least three times. I love it, one face, then another then another. Horrible continuity :(

When the hos are brought into each room. I forget which scene specifically, if its with williams, roper or lee. But one of the chicks is kind of off at an angle, half her face is in the shadows and shes giving the stink eye like shes gonna stab a muthafucka.

Then there is funny shit if you just concentrate on the background guy in all the tournament outside fight stuff. Like one dude smiling gleefully after lee knocks some dude out with three successive kicks to the same exact spot.
7/5/14 12:30 PM
9/24/12
There's a list of funny stuff like the above that can be seen in the movie. Adds to the enjoyment. Lol Phone Post 3.0
7/5/14 12:34 PM
9/24/12
You can find some cool ones here.

http://www.moviemistakes.com/film417 Phone Post 3.0
7/5/14 1:11 PM
4/27/14

Han's voice was dubbed by Keye Luke, who played Kato in the Green Hornet movie serials - just as Bruce Lee did in the Green Hornet TV series. Luke also played Master Po in the "Kung Fu" tv series, which was originally intended to star Lee. 

Edited: 7/5/14 3:19 PM
1/1/01
I hated the Roper character. John Saxon couldn't fight worth a damn and I was never convinced that he was a badass on the same level as Bruce and Jim Kelly. In fact I wish Roper had been the one to die instead of Williams.

If they were going to force feed us a white guy co-star it should have been someone legitimately tough like Robert Conrad from "The Wild, Wild West" tv show.

That's my pet peeve about an otherwise legendary movie.
7/5/14 10:29 PM
2/12/07
The soundtrack to this is awesome. Phone Post 3.0
7/5/14 10:45 PM
1/1/01
My favorite is the racist cops:

"This jig has tickets to Hawaii!"

"This jig ain't going to Hawaii!"

ass kicking of cops begins.
7/6/14 5:01 PM
4/27/14
PoundforPound - I hated the Roper character. John Saxon couldn't fight worth a damn and I was never convinced that he was a badass on the same level as Bruce and Jim Kelly. In fact I wish Roper had been the one to die instead of Williams.

If they were going to force feed us a white guy co-star it should have been someone legitimately tough like Robert Conrad from "The Wild, Wild West" tv show.

That's my pet peeve about an otherwise legendary movie.

William Smith should have played John Saxon's part.

Bruce Lee wanted him for the role of Roper, but the film he was in went over schedule and John Saxon had to fill in.

Trained in Kung Fu under Jimmy Woo, black belt in Kenpo Karate - all before Bruce Lee. 31-1 record as an amateur boxer.

200 lb class World Wrist-Wrestling Champion in Petaluma...Twice.

Bodybuilder trained by Vince Gironda. World record holder for reverse curling his own weight.

Conan's Dad

Spetsnaz Commander in Red Dawn (actually has a master's degree in Russian Studies in UCLA and taught Russian there. Flew in USAF/NSA SIGINT operations over the USSR. Fluent in English, Russian, German, French, and Serbo-Croation. Gave up security clearance when he married gorgeous French model.) 

Fought Clint Eastwood in Any Which Way You Can:

7/6/14 5:02 PM
4/27/14

Laredo

James "Kimo" Carew in Hawaii Five-O

In nearly every biker movie made by AIP

Was considered for the part of Kwai Chang Caine in "Kung Fu," but looked so menacing and huge that the producers thought no sane man would try to bully him.

4/27/14

Appeared in the final episode of "Batman" (1966)

Lifetime Achievement Award from Academy of Bodybuilding and Fitness

Graduated UCLA Cum Laude.

He was the Marlboro Man in the final televised Marlboro commercial.

Competed as a downhill skier in AAU events at Mammoth Mountain

Competed in motocross events with Steve McQueen and doubled as one of the track riders in C.C. and Company (1970).

Held the Air Force Light-Heavyweight Weightlifting Championship

Performed over 5,100 continuous sit-ups over a five hour period

Played semi-pro football for the Wiesbaden Flyers in Germany

Won a Muscle Beach contest by performing 35 inverted handstand dips

Honorary member of the Stuntmen's Association of Motion Pictures.

Direct descendant of Western figures Kit Carson and Daniel Boone.

Studied kung fu for eight years with Jimmy Woo and kenpo karate master Ed Parker.

Stunt doubled for former Tarzan Lex Barker while living in France.

Turned down the role of Tarzan at MGM.

Training partner of first Mr. Olympia, Larry Scott.

Fought California wildfires in the early 1950s

Worked as a lifeguard on the French Riviera

Worked as a trainer at Bert Goodrich's Hollywood Gym

4/27/14

Child actor in both "A" and "B" movies of the 1940s. He stated in a horror magazine that during breaks on the set of The Ghost of Frankenstein (1942), star Lon Chaney Jr., treated all of the children on the set to ice cream.

Threw the discus 151 feet at a time when the top AAU distance was 150.6 feet.

Won the Light-Heavyweight German-Austrian Boxing Championship while in the service.

In 1942's The Ghost of Frankenstein (1942), he plays the boy who throws the little girl's ball to the top of the roof. This role marks the first of his many appearances as a villain.

His favorite writer is Fyodor Dostoevsky.

Recipient of the 2008 Silver Spur Award.

Recipient of the 2005 Southern California Motion Picture Council Award.

Inducted into the Venice Muscle Beach Bodybuilding Hall of Fame 2010.

7/6/14 7:19 PM
9/24/12
Very cool ^^ Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 8:29 PM
1/1/01
Carew is one alpha motherfucker.
7/6/14 9:06 PM
1/1/01
The Stewed Owl - 

Han's voice was dubbed by Keye Luke, who played Kato in the Green Hornet movie serials - just as Bruce Lee did in the Green Hornet TV series. Luke also played Master Po in the "Kung Fu" tv series, which was originally intended to star Lee. 

The kung fu series was never meant to star Lee. It was developed completely separate and never had anything to do with Lee. He was pitching a similar idea but the studio had already committed to kung fu