OtherGround Forums Entire Buffalo PD Emergency Response Team Resigns

Edited: 6/5/20 4:20 PM
4/20/02

All 57 members of the ERT resigned from that team in support of officers suspended for shoving a 75-year-old man down during a protest.

Entire BPD Emergency Response Team resigns in support of suspended officers

I'm normally supportive of the police, but the failure to render aid after its clear he was injured seem out of line to me. Is there a reason every officer in the ERY put his neck on the line that i'm missing?

The shove.

6/5/20 4:19 PM
1/1/01

“Fifty-seven resigned in disgust because of the treatment of two of their members, who were simply executing orders,” Evans, said in a statement.

They were just following orders...

6/5/20 4:20 PM
12/5/17

The language from the police union, referencing "orders", makes it read to me like they feel abandoned by the leadership. They probably got the same pep-talk that the Seattle PD did before this incident, "don't kill anyone, but be tough!". 

6/5/20 4:21 PM
4/20/02

The shove itself doesn't look that bad. I don't think the cops meant to hurt the guy, but they clearly realized he'd bounced his head off the concrete and refused to help him.

6/5/20 4:29 PM
11/17/10
oblongo -

All 57 members of the ERT resigned from that team in support of officers suspended for shoving a 75-year-old man down during a protest.

Entire BPD Emergency Response Team resigns in support of suspended officers

I'm normally supportive of the police, but the failure to render aid after its clear he was injured seem out of line to me. Is there a reason every officer in the ERY put his neck on the line that i'm missing?

The shove.

yeah it is a bad situation

but when i first saw the video on the news, they didnthave any captions or headlines....and i didnt realize the dude was 75 yrs old

he is pretty tall, taller than lots of those cops...is in pretty good shape was wearing a face mask and was walking directly at the cops and putting his hands on them

up until they pushed him, he didnt seem "Frail"...he was being aggressive as well

likee why even walk toward that in the first place?

is an elderly man not capable of pulling out a knife or throwing shit at a cop?

6/5/20 4:29 PM
1/1/01
oblongo - 

The shove itself doesn't look that bad. I don't think the cops meant to hurt the guy, but they clearly realized he'd bounced his head off the concrete and refused to help him.

That's a lie.

The front line of officers are specifically instructed NOT to stop. They hold the line and allow others behind them to arrest people or help people.

In other angle of the incident you CLEARLY see the National Guard member go to the man and begin helping him.

You're either a cunt or a blind shill if you blatantly lie about things to push your narrative.
6/5/20 4:31 PM
6/30/07
billyball2 -
oblongo - 

That's a lie.

The front line of officers are specifically instructed NOT to stop. They hold the line and allow others behind them to arrest people or help people.

In other angle of the incident you CLEARLY see the National Guard member go to the man and begin helping him.

You're either a cunt or a blind shill if you blatantly lie about things to push your narrative.

This

Everything feels like a trap out there

6/5/20 4:37 PM
1/18/03
For better or worse 57 guys just committed career suicide.

6/5/20 4:40 PM
1/25/04
oblongo - 

They did have NG medics right there with them who came to his aid. That's their job. The job of the police was to push the crowd back.
6/5/20 4:42 PM
1/25/07

These cops are clearly being put in no win situations. You can't order someone to move back a crowd then suspend them for doing it imo

6/5/20 4:43 PM
2/4/07

No one has a right to get into someone's personal space like that dumb old man, doubly true during a pandemic.  

6/5/20 4:43 PM
12/31/17

First Aid -

Step 1 - assess and secure the scene. 

Looked like there was a guy kneeling beside him starting first aid by the end if the video. Disingenuous to say they refused to help him.

6/5/20 4:46 PM
6/14/19

What a gong show.

Can't wait until the US becomes the wild west again and people revert back to dueling as a means to settle disputes.

Edited: 6/5/20 4:50 PM
9/23/07

This is "You wouldnt hit a man with glasses".

If you dont want to be touched, dont touch people without concent. Dont touch cops, cops probably wont touch you. 

Even if you are an old stumbly ass fella. 

6/5/20 4:54 PM
3/16/16

Good fuck em 

-Matt Serra (Refering to cops)

6/5/20 4:55 PM
1/7/09

They're getting shit on by all sides. Why would anyone work for people who hate you and wants you to be murdered and an administration that doesnt support you, puts you in unwinnable unmanageable circumstances, and throws you under the bus the second it becomes politically expedient to do so?

6/5/20 5:00 PM
5/22/05

If the cops don't get to behave like thugs the job no longer has any appeal

6/5/20 5:01 PM
1/1/01
turducken -

They're getting shit on by all sides. Why would anyone work for people who hate you and wants you to be murdered and an administration that doesnt support you, puts you in unwinnable unmanageable circumstances, and throws you under the bus the second it becomes politically expedient to do so?

Yea, that completely justifies shoving an elderly man back so he fractures his skull and blood comes out his ears.

Poor cops, I feel bad for them

6/5/20 5:02 PM
5/23/07
55579 - 

First Aid -

Looked like there was a guy kneeling beside him starting first aid by the end if the video. Disingenuous to say they refused to help him.

I've got the live stream on for the rally that's happening here. WHAT A FUCKING JOKE
6/5/20 5:15 PM
1/1/01

I watched earlier without sound. Cranked it up this time and you can see everyone reacted to hearing his head hit the concrete. His head hit HARD.

Has anyone indicated what he was going up to talk to them about? He did not appear particularly threatening.

6/5/20 5:19 PM
12/31/17
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
55579 - 

First Aid -

I've got the live stream on for the rally that's happening here. WHAT A FUCKING JOKE

I watched 2 sjw white girls talk for a minute and turned it off. Idiots.

Edited: 6/5/20 5:24 PM
1/1/01
truewrestler - 

I watched earlier without sound. Cranked it up this time and you can see everyone reacted to hearing his head hit the concrete. His head hit HARD.

Has anyone indicated what he was going up to talk to them about? He did not appear particularly threatening.

It doesn't matter, they were riot control officers in formation. He made physical contact with him and possibly was reaching for his baton in an effort to break that formation. It wasnt like he fainted on the officer closest to him or was seeking medical attention. Or patiently waited for a support officer to address him. 

A 75 year old man assumes most if not all liability in that situation. 

Insurgents would do shit like that all the time. 

Kids, the elderly, a flock of goats, anything to slow you down shoot you and or blow you up. 

6/5/20 5:29 PM
12/19/10
truewrestler -

Ive read he was trying to return a helmet to them 

Edited: 6/5/20 5:31 PM
1/1/01
DaveFu -
truewrestler - 

It doesn't matter, they were riot control officers in formation. He made physical contact with him and possibly was reaching for his baton in an effort to break that formation. It wasnt like he fainted on the officer closest to him or was seeking medical attention. Or patiently waited for a support officer to address him. 

A 75 year old man assumes most if not all liability in that situation. 

Insurgents would do shit like that all the time. 

Kids, the elderly, a flock of goats, anything to slow you down shoot you and or blow you up. 

And that why we shouldn't use the military to police the US. They see Americans as insurgents

Thank you for making that clear Dave

6/5/20 5:36 PM
1/1/01

You know, people's lack of vision for the whole picture of any given situation truly truly truly boggles my mind. And It's been this way forever.

What's reported is that police shove an elderly man to the ground. What's COMPLETELY left out of the context is that we have a riot-type situation and a massive riot-response team out in the streets giving commands and given the order to advance forward.

Then you have this idiot PURPOSELY there to be non-cooperative and in fact actively get in their faces while doing the opposite of what he was ordered to do. The entire riot force cannot stop and get tied up with every single retarded idiot that wants to defy them.

He gets verbally warned and then shoved back. He falls like the pathetic moron that he is, and the news reads:

Police shove elderly man!

Media is the enemy.

I remember when the 3-strikes law was happening in California. It was the same shit. A career violent felon walked up to a couple on the boardwalk and took the pizza they had just bought via intimidation and treat of violence. Well that put him well over his 3-strikes felony limit and he got life in prison.

LA Times headline?

Man get life sentence for stealing a slice of pizza.