OtherGround Forums Ethereum going crazy, like bitcoin

5/3/17 10:39 PM
2/24/14
Bought $40 worth of Bitcoin right before the big fork freakout, then bought $40 worth of ethereum about a week later. Now that coinbase has litecoin, I bought 2. Before I bought the litecoin, I was at just under $120.
5/4/17 12:42 AM
2/4/06
Hammerstein - This feels a lot like the dot com bubble, especially with these currencies being traded more like commodities. Not saying there isn't gain to be had because there clearly is, I just wonder where the ceiling is and what happens when it gets there.
My thoughts exactly. From the little I understand, the true indicator is the tech behind each currency. Supposedly ethereum has the most promise what that in mind
5/4/17 1:46 AM
7/25/06
Tim Duncan -
kalki - thankx guys^^........more nooby q's....so this account will cash me out in real $$ whenever i want?....also will i get taxed on any gains???? " me so curious,me thank you long time"
I think you can cash out with coinbase

Can easily buy Erhereum, Bitcoin, and Litecoin on all Coinbase apps as of today (May 3, 2017). Get any of those three now while the getting's good

5/4/17 3:12 AM
7/23/16

I have a few grand im willing to invest tomorrow morning.whoever can break down the way to get started and which currency to choose out of litecoin,bitcoin,or ethereum ill give 5percent of my gains for your troubles,post here or pm is fine to not clog the thread.Im doing my own research aswell but whomever gives the best case with sources of their claims,ill give 5 percent to my og bretheren.sorry if thats against the rules but since im getting helped out the least i can do is take 5 off the top for whoever gives me their time.

5/4/17 4:23 AM
9/9/10

There's a lot of new people in here getting interested in crypto. A lot of you haven't had any experience at all with how volatile these currencies are. Every bubble cycle people come in hoping to get rich quick & end up losing everything. 

Take a look at this chart:

https://cryptowat.ch/coinbase/ethusd/1w

If you think buying here is a good spot then you need to pick up a trading book. Yes you may get lucky & it moves another $50. However when it corrects or even crashes it will be so violent & so quick it will take you by suprise. 

People in this thread are willing to put thousands into something that they don't know anything about. That's telling me we are in serious bubble territory. 

Be careful out there!

5/4/17 7:45 AM
11/5/09
This is the excitement of the last high then it dropped to what? 200? I'm thinking of selling mine.
5/4/17 8:36 AM
2/4/06
Your faith and resolve will be tested with cryptocurrency. I hope it's not a bubble
5/4/17 10:19 AM
3/13/17
Juxtaposition - 

There's a lot of new people in here getting interested in crypto. A lot of you haven't had any experience at all with how volatile these currencies are. Every bubble cycle people come in hoping to get rich quick & end up losing everything. 

If you think buying here is a good spot then you need to pick up a trading book. Yes you may get lucky & it moves another $50. However when it corrects or even crashes it will be so violent & so quick it will take you by suprise. 

People in this thread are willing to put thousands into something that they don't know anything about. That's telling me we are in serious bubble territory. 

Be careful out there!

I dont know shit about this but I set up an account on coinbase this week and bought a bunch of LTC, and ETH. Its looking good so far. I bought it as a long term investment.

I'll buy a few more next week and just sit on it and hope it blows up like BTC did.

I got 2 of my friends who know nothing about this to buy a few also.

#BubbleTerritory
5/4/17 11:22 AM
1/1/01

Eth hit 90. I'm sure there will be a correction at some point.

for the new guys, be prepared for swings. It happens. I saw btc originally hit 1200 and then hit 200. I saw eth hit 20 and then the dao incident where it went low.  I saw ltc hit 43 and then 5. 

Lots of people buy and then panic because the price goes down.  This is not magic that guarantees money... please  play with money you can afford to lose.

5/4/17 11:38 AM
6/28/13
In
5/4/17 12:39 PM
2/4/06
What scares me is quantum computing and eth being in unlimited supply unlike bitcoin. Does anybody have a better understanding of this.
5/4/17 1:25 PM
1/1/01
Sonester Sambo - What scares me is quantum computing and eth being in unlimited supply unlike bitcoin. Does anybody have a better understanding of this.
Ive read that quantum compiter cant make bitcoin faster, Id think wth would be the same. Unlimited supply would be worrysome
5/4/17 1:26 PM
1/1/01
Bitcoin 1600

FUCK ME
5/4/17 1:41 PM
5/25/13
At some point it will burst like the South Sea bublle, and crash like Bronze axeheads at the start of the iron age. But probably a bunch of folk will get rich first.
5/4/17 1:42 PM
6/23/09

imho, cryptos just may be the perfect hedge against the 'global central bank economy'. more and more investors are starting to realize that cryptos offer the type of safe haven that traditional commodities can't--fixed supply with no central authority manipulating supply. any sign of a hiccup or recession in said economy should see to crypto's gain. Also imho, the US economy is long over due for a recession/correction; it has been artificially propped up by the Fed's monetary policy for too long. Now there are rumblings of a fiscal stimulus in the form of big tax cuts; all this just delays the inevitable, inflates the bubble, and makes the correction that much bigger when it comes. hold on to your cryptos, it's going to be an interesting ride.

5/4/17 1:50 PM
9/9/10
Pedro Navaja -
Juxtaposition - 

Be careful out there!

I dont know shit about this but I set up an account on coinbase this week and bought a bunch of LTC, and ETH. Its looking good so far. I bought it as a long term investment.

I'll buy a few more next week and just sit on it and hope it blows up like BTC did.

I got 2 of my friends who know nothing about this to buy a few also.

#BubbleTerritory

Welcome to the party! 

I hope you have balls of steel. You and everyone in herewill learn the hard way. It's a right of passage for crypto. 

5/4/17 1:51 PM
7/2/10

Sub

5/4/17 1:56 PM
6/23/09

Litecoin is a good alternative to Bitcoin. fundamentals are similar:

-21 Million BTC, fixed supply

-84 Million LTC, fixed supply

LTC is hovering around $29, still relatively cheap. yesterday it was $21. It is quickly catching up to its 2013 all time high of $38.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litecoin

5/4/17 2:14 PM
5/25/13
btw snake oil has been going through the roof lately. I can get you supply at best price, for anyone that is interested!!
5/4/17 2:30 PM
9/9/10
Marcus Agrippa - btw snake oil has been going through the roof lately. I can get you supply at best price, for anyone that is interested!!

Welcome to come short it.

5/4/17 2:39 PM
11/5/09
Coinbase down
5/4/17 2:40 PM
11/5/09
The thing that sucks is when shit starts crashing so does the coinbase site and you can't sell anything
5/4/17 2:47 PM
9/18/12

For later

5/4/17 2:54 PM
1/1/01
Marcus Agrippa - At some point it will burst like the South Sea bublle, and crash like Bronze axeheads at the start of the iron age. But probably a bunch of folk will get rich first.
I think a few guys made money off tulip mania. Most got slaughtered though.
5/4/17 4:21 PM
11/5/09
"Unfortunately coinbase is unavailable"