OtherGround Forums Ethereum going crazy, like bitcoin

15 days ago
12/31/09
Juxtaposition -
GroundStPound -

Binance KYC documents from a hack last year seem to be doing the rounds, nothings confirmed but makes sense to step out of any BNB postions whilst this unravels.

*Edit I've just seen the TG group and it looks legit. The FUD is going to be unreal with this, I imagine it will hit msm later today.

That's shit. CZ calling it fud at the moment. But then Binance said there are 'inconsistencies' with the reported leak which doesn't sound particularly good.

Yes I saw that he's calling it fud but also at the same time calling it old news, he should rest his Twitter fingers before making statements.

From the old days I remember seeing gox and btc-e pastebins but never a data leak like this. 

Wouldn't Binance be liable for a huge fine for data breach in a regulated world? I remember reading (although much larger scale) something similar happening with Equifax in the US that got them a $500 million fine

15 days ago
12/31/09

Here's the announcement, 'False leak' but also they are investigating to see if it's legit lol.

15 days ago
9/9/10
GroundStPound -
Juxtaposition -
GroundStPound -

Binance KYC documents from a hack last year seem to be doing the rounds, nothings confirmed but makes sense to step out of any BNB postions whilst this unravels.

*Edit I've just seen the TG group and it looks legit. The FUD is going to be unreal with this, I imagine it will hit msm later today.

That's shit. CZ calling it fud at the moment. But then Binance said there are 'inconsistencies' with the reported leak which doesn't sound particularly good.

Yes I saw that he's calling it fud but also at the same time calling it old news, he should rest his Twitter fingers before making statements.

From the old days I remember seeing gox and btc-e pastebins but never a data leak like this. 

Wouldn't Binance be liable for a huge fine for data breach in a regulated world? I remember reading (although much larger scale) something similar happening with Equifax in the US that got them a $500 million fine

I would imagine it will depend on which juristiction they fall under. Not sure how hot Malta is on their data protection!

15 days ago
9/9/10
GroundStPound -

Here's the announcement, 'False leak' but also they are investigating to see if it's legit lol.

"On initial review of the images made public, they all appear to be dated from February of 2018, at which time Binance had contracted a third-party vendor for KYC verification in order to handle the high volume of requests at that time."

Translation - even if it is our data leak, don't blame us

15 days ago
3/2/09

Cz is a turd. 

14 days ago
11/3/02

Jux are you long or standing pat right now? 

13 days ago
12/31/09

Obviously no endorsement of Ripple but I found this an interesting take, their recent investment into Moneygram represents about 20% of Moneygrams market cap and I'm sure Brad Garlinghouse has billions tucked away for future acquisitions.

Edited: 13 days ago
12/31/09

Weekly looking so good right now, really starting to believe ath in next 6 months.

13 days ago
10/21/14
GroundStPound - 

Obviously no endorsement of Ripple but I found this an interesting take, their recent investment into Moneygram represents about 20% of Moneygrams market cap and I'm sure Brad Garlinghouse has billions tucked away for future acquisitions.

who knows. i wouldn't be surprised if high cap alts don't move that much. the 'alt' money is always been when low cap coins pump.
9 days ago
9/13/09

So, apparently if you make a purchase over $3000 through a company that uses BitPay as it’s processor, you’re subject to KYC and have to provide BitPay with a photo ID and other identifying information.

Does this mean that the IRS will have knowledge of these $3k+ purchases? Or, perhaps a Coinbase-like John Doe Summons from the IRS is in BitPay’s future?

8 days ago
9/9/10

Pretty crazy thread on a massive Chinese scam. Police think $3 billion was scammed & wallets show around 200k BTC in their wallets. 

Bitconnnneeeeect

8 days ago
9/9/10
beekman -

So, apparently if you make a purchase over $3000 through a company that uses BitPay as it’s processor, you’re subject to KYC and have to provide BitPay with a photo ID and other identifying information.

Does this mean that the IRS will have knowledge of these $3k+ purchases? Or, perhaps a Coinbase-like John Doe Summons from the IRS is in BitPay’s future?

It's the IRS so likely they will get their hands on it

8 days ago
9/9/10
GroundStPound -

Weekly looking so good right now, really starting to believe ath in next 6 months.

I've been at a festival for a week & now look whats happened. I blame this post. Thanks ground

8 days ago
9/9/10
salyer36 -

I'm net long. 

I have some shorts open since last week to take some exposure off as I've had fuck all signal for a week. See the downtrendline & 12k roughly being the major defence line for the bears.

I expect bulls to step in under 10k & will look for longs around the lower line. Will likely knife catch below that with a 1/4 then build if it starts looking positive. 

7 days ago
12/31/09
Juxtaposition -
GroundStPound -

I've been at a festival for a week & now look whats happened. I blame this post. Thanks ground

That post was the 100x short indicator. 

7 days ago
12/31/09
Juxtaposition -

Pretty crazy thread on a massive Chinese scam. Police think $3 billion was scammed & wallets show around 200k BTC in their wallets. 

Bitconnnneeeeect

I posted something about these Chinese ponzis a few weeks ago being the reason for the dump from the top.  Think it was round the time Tron offices got raided.... I'm not sure I believe the amounts involved but sure is a crazy story.

6 days ago
9/9/10

Bakkt finally here. Let's hope they have the clout & influence to bring the institutions into Bitcoin

6 days ago
9/9/10

6 days ago
4/19/09
Juxtaposition -

Just like LIquid..

3 days ago
9/9/10
Juxtaposition -
salyer36 -

I'm net long. 

I have some shorts open since last week to take some exposure off as I've had fuck all signal for a week. See the downtrendline & 12k roughly being the major defence line for the bears.

I expect bulls to step in under 10k & will look for longs around the lower line. Will likely knife catch below that with a 1/4 then build if it starts looking positive. 

First resistance coming up at 10800-11000. Should get some fight there & some chop. Would like to bounce off then hold 10500 to build a decent amount of pressure on bears.

Everyone will be watching that downtrend line from the top having been fought so hard. Once we get there I doubt it goes without another fight. I can see a few fakeouts as eager bulls get shaken. If I'm right & it does go we should get an injection of volume which I would imagine would be enough to send us above 12k. Get some solid closes above there & bears give up. You can see the clear ledge on the volume profile. Most bets on the downside are looking at that as the point where they are invalidated & they have to get out. 

3 days ago
12/31/09

Wow FTT on Finex, I didn't expect that to happen so quickly.

What are thoughts on LEO at the moment Jux?

3 days ago
9/9/10
GroundStPound -

Wow FTT on Finex, I didn't expect that to happen so quickly.

What are thoughts on LEO at the moment Jux?

It seems all the exchanges are scratching each others backs & listing each others coins.

I have been trading a bit on ftx. The liquidity is a bit of an illusion so you have to be careful. Not a place for short term trading at all. As soon as things get a bit whack or their market making bots go offline you get several hundred $ spreads. On a few dumps they are even outperforming Bitmex on the extensions. They have lots of potential though so going to move more coin over to play longerterm moves. 

Looking like it is forming a floor. I have already alocated enough to it & looking at it as a longterm sit & hold. If we get a bullmarket I expect it to perform well. Just part of my shitcoin hold & forget pool. 

1 day ago
9/9/10

Not a great candle last night. Try harder bulls!

1 day ago
4/29/09

8k coming soon then 6k

Edited: 1 day ago
4/29/09
GroundStPound -

Also when Binance US launches and BNB is not available it will drop pretty hard, but the timing of that will line up with Bitfinex getting shut down so there will be a bloodbath regardless.  6k btc then prob well lower.  Things should unravel by November.