OtherGround Forums Ever evaded the police while driving?

8/2/19 7:17 PM
4/26/10

I've been on a kick of watching cars and motorcycles out driving the police. I have only attempted once and was successful fortunately, but I had a head start.

I was driving to my parent's house for Easter dinner and there was a rolling road block on the interstate. A suburban wasn't overtaking the car in the right, and didn't move over after they did pass.

I was 23 and stupid, so I passed the burb on the right but close to show him I was pissed off. I made the supercharger on my Grand Prix GTP whine while I did it. I was probably around 90 or so to get by it since it was speeding up.

When I got by, the suburban starts flashing his brights as I start pulling away. I figure yeah fuck you too, but look ahead to see a trooper in the opposite direction.  I remember my feet getting really numb followed by adrenaline. 

My body made the decision to haul and my brain knew he had about a 1/2 mile before he could make a u-turn due to the guard rails. I was almost exactly a mile away from the next exit, so I never even lifted. There were no cars to pass, wide open. I took the exit, gassed hard out of all of the corners, and made it to a frontage road going the opposite direction.

I saw the trooper coming down the first offramp I took hauling ass, but he never saw me. I drove about 2 under the remainder of the way with my feet still shaking.

8/2/19 7:27 PM
8/4/10

Once when I was 18ish, heavy traffic southbound on i49, dipped off at an exit while an 18wheeler blocked us sort if, sat under the overpass for a few then doubled back.

I tried unsuccessfully maybe 3 other times lol, never arrested #WhitePrivilege 

8/2/19 7:29 PM
1/13/11

Later. 

8/2/19 7:33 PM
11/16/17

I never had the cars to try it till my gti.

Still wouldn't try it though

8/2/19 8:06 PM
8/31/15

I bought an r1 at 17 years old, do I need to explain

8/2/19 8:12 PM
11/14/11

just the mp's a couple times but they were driving shitty cars.

back in the day crossing the border i got an inspection slip just kept going.  rcmp caugth up with me about month later.  wouldn't think of trying that nowadays.

8/2/19 8:13 PM
4/26/10
Thebonfirexm -

I wouldn't try it as I'm wiser now, and probably wouldn't be doing something to worry about it. I was fucking stupid when I was younger, but it has still been a fun ride.

8/2/19 8:15 PM
7/12/03

8/2/19 8:17 PM
9/23/07
Once.

I flew past a cop pointing the wrong way mazing out my friends jeep cherokee, I was pretty far away by the time he tried to flip the lights and turn around.

I stayed on max and got off at the first exit and he never caught up.
8/2/19 8:20 PM
4/26/10
Thebonfirexm -

This car was nice. First car I got off of eBay, and it was repossessed in the middle of the guy doing some sweet upgrades. I finished it off and was a fast ride off the line or at high speed. My favorite was after putting a fresh set of Goodyear eagles on it and taking the corners with that wide body.

I ended up trading it for an 08 with a V8 in it, but the cornering isn't there in the last generation. It's fast and easy to work on, but it SUCKS cornering.

I have a 69 Camaro with fat tires in the back that handles better than it. 

8/2/19 8:26 PM
4/26/10
nofx -

Love this guy. The ones that taunt the police do it for me. It reminds me of beavis and butthead's gym teacher the way these cops rage out when the citizens get the best of them.

My favorite was a guy on a rocket that went to the other side of the road and stopped next to the cop chasing him. He said "how many tickets am I looking at man? Probably a lot! Fuck waiting for you".

8/2/19 11:06 PM
10/4/02

I once passed a cop going the other direction in a small town 30 mph zone. I was probably going 50. I knew right away that I was busted. 

The cop didn’t hit his lights right away, so I drove the same speed so I didn’t tip him off that I was scared. I figured he was waiting until he was out of sight before turning around so he wouldn’t spook me into running. 

As soon as the cop was almost out of sight in my rear view mirror, I saw him hit his lights, but he hadn’t turned around yet. 

I gunned it, and as soon as I was out of sight, I turned into a side street and started making random turns. Eventually, I slowed down and calmly found a way out. 

By that point, I figured that, if he did see me, there was no way to prove I was the same car. 

I never saw that cop again. 

8/2/19 11:32 PM
1/1/01

Is it worth it to put others in danger by driving recklessly and risk getting arrested for a felony? No. If you make a mistake face the consequences like a man. 

8/2/19 11:45 PM
3/28/05
Not me driving, but with me in the passenger seat my friend was driving through town and took a corner real fast and was speeding. A cop was coming the other direction and saw us take the corner.

Cop spun around and hit his lights, but we had a few block lead on him by the time he turned around because we were already going so fast. My friend took a right hand turn, went one block then took another right hand turn, and then quickly pulled in the driveway of a random house, shut off the lights and killed the engine. The cop went flying by a few seconds later but he never saw us pull in the driveway, so he just kept going and never caught us.

It could have been real ugly, because I was 21 and my friend was 20 and not yet of legal drinking age. We weren't drunk but my friend had some alcohol in his system. We both would have been fucked.

Still one of the coolest things I've ever been involved in the way he instantaneously thought up that way to ditch the cop. Over thirty years ago, and I still smile everytime I think about it.
8/2/19 11:47 PM
12/22/10

Yes. 

Many times when I was younger and believe it or not, dumber. 

8/2/19 11:53 PM
8/4/10
buddie -

Is it worth it to put others in danger by driving recklessly and risk getting arrested for a felony? No. If you make a mistake face the consequences like a man. 

Rachel Dratch Snl GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

8/2/19 11:57 PM
11/18/15

I was driving my tempo as fast as it would go and passed an oncoming cop.  he hit his lights.  I continued over a hill and parked in between a few cars in a a used car lot and shut down.  he went flying by and I watched as he pulled over a different tempo that was stopped at the light.

8/2/19 11:58 PM
12/12/04

yes..........too tired to type out the story tonight.  will tomorrow.

8/2/19 11:59 PM
8/19/06

Laziest traffic cop ever? 

8/3/19 12:03 AM
12/29/12

My Dad got killed in a wreck at the age of 42 in a situation just like ya'll are posting.  I've done stupid stuff though too. 

8/3/19 1:08 AM
11/5/03
seg - Not me driving, but with me in the passenger seat my friend was driving through town and took a corner real fast and was speeding. A cop was coming the other direction and saw us take the corner.

Cop spun around and hit his lights, but we had a few block lead on him by the time he turned around because we were already going so fast. My friend took a right hand turn, went one block then took another right hand turn, and then quickly pulled in the driveway of a random house, shut off the lights and killed the engine. The cop went flying by a few seconds later but he never saw us pull in the driveway, so he just kept going and never caught us.

It could have been real ugly, because I was 21 and my friend was 20 and not yet of legal drinking age. We weren't drunk but my friend had some alcohol in his system. We both would have been fucked.

Still one of the coolest things I've ever been involved in the way he instantaneously thought up that way to ditch the cop. Over thirty years ago, and I still smile everytime I think about it.

Were we in the same car? Because I was about to post the exact same story, which hsappened to me also 30 years ago when I was 20.

8/3/19 1:25 AM
7/31/09

While they're chasing me? No. Ditch them before they really begin a chase? Sure. I also had one follow a buddy of mine as we were driving around neighborhoods smoking weed. Are him comindown the street we were crossing and sure enough he turns behind us. I tell my friend to park and get out like we live here (or visiting). We get out and he cruises around the cul de dac ands leaves.

Have done a few similar things that I believe got me out of trouble.

8/14/19 10:20 PM
1/1/01
Back in the 80's I had a Honda Sabre 1100, My Friend riding next to me had a KZ 750

We were speed on a back road, cop comes the opposite way, I saw his lights come on, I had the faster bike.

About a mile down the road the road curved left and a different road exited/ curved to the right. I went right. A few minutes later my friend caught up (I was at the speed limit by then)

He said he looked back at the cop looked over and I was gone. We were gone before he turned around.
8/14/19 10:23 PM
6/30/07
Believe in the Power of One -

I've been on a kick of watching cars and motorcycles out driving the police. I have only attempted once and was successful fortunately, but I had a head start.

I was driving to my parent's house for Easter dinner and there was a rolling road block on the interstate. A suburban wasn't overtaking the car in the right, and didn't move over after they did pass.

I was 23 and stupid, so I passed the burb on the right but close to show him I was pissed off. I made the supercharger on my Grand Prix GTP whine while I did it. I was probably around 90 or so to get by it since it was speeding up.

When I got by, the suburban starts flashing his brights as I start pulling away. I figure yeah fuck you too, but look ahead to see a trooper in the opposite direction.  I remember my feet getting really numb followed by adrenaline. 

My body made the decision to haul and my brain knew he had about a 1/2 mile before he could make a u-turn due to the guard rails. I was almost exactly a mile away from the next exit, so I never even lifted. There were no cars to pass, wide open. I took the exit, gassed hard out of all of the corners, and made it to a frontage road going the opposite direction.

I saw the trooper coming down the first offramp I took hauling ass, but he never saw me. I drove about 2 under the remainder of the way with my feet still shaking.

Real similar story. I outran him, was probably off the interstate just as he was getting on a mile or so behind me.

Flew home, parked in the garage, and hid in my darkened house like a bitch, lol.

8/14/19 10:46 PM
8/29/09

All the time on bikes. The best story wasn’t mine though. A couple of riding buddies take the cake. 

These guys get the cops after them and take off. They end up in a neighborhood they can’t find their way out of. It’s a Saturday afternoon. They decide to just pull into an open garage and shut the door. They take off their helmets and walk into the house and exit into the back yard. They walked by the lady of the house who was shitting her pants. They take off and are not caught.  The home owners call the cops, bikes are impounded. 

The guy’s fucking gopro was in the bike. The videos ended up on the news of these guys riding wheelies and other stunts for weeks. It was fucking hilarious.