OtherGround Forums Ever friends with someone who was murdered?

10 days ago
2/14/11

Have only known a couple of people who self terminated but never knew anyone who was murdered by someone else

10 days ago
2/24/19

Yes, a young sister of one of my friends. She was working at a local Wendy's and a guy out on  work release kidnapped her and killed her. Also, one of my former wrestlers was murdered when he was in the wrong place and got between two people in a domestic dispute. 

10 days ago
3/25/18

Sub

10 days ago
4/29/09

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1991-10-15-me-537-story.html

10 days ago
4/29/09

She was my neighbor for a few years prior to moving to North Park where this happened. 

10 days ago
4/1/10

High school friend was brutally  murdered. I posted about it here.

Another high shool friend was stabbed to death over a girl, murderer served 8 years only I think.

I know people who have committed murder, it is fucking awful.

My family is from Hell's Kitchen, so there is a lot of familiarity with murder through all of them.

10 days ago
11/9/05

Yeah, witnessed the murder. Babe Ruthed across the head during a brawl at a bonfire, died 3 days later.

10 days ago
10/25/05

My oldest brother. 12/18/2004

10 days ago
12/10/11

4 of my friends

2 of them being close friends right after Hs overdosed

it was a very sad time 

10 days ago
2/27/13

A work friend of mine was killed in a brawl outside a nightclub some years back, took one punch and he fell back cracking his skull on the pavement. He never regained consciousness.

It wasn't a murder conviction for the guy who punched him as obviously he didn't intend to kill him. He served time for manslaughter though.

10 days ago
1/1/01

A classmate was killed in a car jacking.

A college freind was killed by a stalker.

A college friend studied in Russia his junior year, and was assigned to a dorm that was also being rented out to mobsters. His father was contacted and told his son committed suicide by jumping out his 11th floor window.  Turns out he was tortured... beaten, hung, etc... before falling to his death.  I will never forget hearing the anguish in his father's voice telling my parents what had happened. It is a terrible memory.

10 days ago
3/19/04
FatChrist Magic - 

A classmate was killed in a car jacking.

A college freind was killed by a stalker.

A college friend studied in Russia his junior year, and was assigned to a dorm that was also being rented out to mobsters. His father was contacted and told his son committed suicide by jumping out his 11th floor window.  Turns out he was tortured... beaten, hung, etc... before falling to his death.  I will never forget hearing the anguish in his father's voice telling my parents what had happened. It is a terrible memory.

Jesus, that's horrible. Did they ever get justice for your friend that died in Russia? Did they establish any kind of motive?

The idea of a girl/lady being killed by a stalker is grotesque as well.

10 days ago
1/1/01

Yes.

Friend's brother murdered him and his parents.

Since he was a minor, he got released when he was like 20 I think.

Changed his identity, then went on to stalk some chick.

The story was on 20/20 back in 2010. He's had more run-ins with the law since

Link to story on 20/20

https://abcnews.go.com/2020/TheLaw/teen-killers-secret-25-years-ago-murdered-family/story?id=12123695

10 days ago
7/14/16

Grew up in a quiet town with very little crime. There were only 3 murders there my entire life. One was a drifter not from there, and the other 2 were both by teenagers when I was a kid.

When I was in high school, a girl that lived across the street from me was murdered. She was from a very well off family, but had relatives in a bigger city just a few miles away. For how peaceful ours was, that one was known for the exact opposite. So she was going to visit/stay with her cousins all the time. Our town was too boring for her, I guess, and her parents a little too strict. So she would stay weekends there to have freedom and excitement... and apparently a bunch of dick.

She got knocked up by some diversity, but there was some debate and question as to exactly which member of that outstanding social group had been the father. She kept claiming it to be her favorite, despite that dude already having a kid and another companion of great choice-making.

So she kept up relations against the wishes of said companion and one night they caught up to her. The companion and a few of her sister-in-arms showed up while she was getting her dose of cock, drug her out of the house and literally beat her in the street. At some point during the beating (of a pregnant girl) the leader of the pack decided stomping and kicking was doing enough to ensure her sole ownership of the dick in question. So she took out a knife and stabbed this girl in the stomach, killing both, while the dick watched.

They then left. The dick in question was at least kind enough to drive his dying baby and side piece to the emergency room where they bled out. He originally tried to say he didn't know what had happened or who did it until the police charged him with the murder, at which point he turned the others in and was the star crying witness about how tore up he was that is other baby lost a future sibling. The other baby that he put up for adoption when the mother went to prison that is.

Fucking people.

10 days ago
1/1/01

I don't know the details, but a High School friend was murdered by her Sister-in-Law. Not sure I'm remembering that right. Might have been hubbie's or BF's ex. Some weird love-triangle shit.

10 days ago
12/17/06

Yup.

I knew him from first grade. He was pigeon-toed, so he was in a wheelchair for years. I pushed him around everywhere through 5th grade. Eventually he got out of the chair and walked just fine. Big dude, bigger heart.

He was killed in the street by a piece of shit wannabe gang thug. Couldn't even face him head on when he did it.

And apparently now, that cocksucker is out of prison.

Thanks, NYC laws.

10 days ago
5/1/14

Not anyone that was murdered, but know a guy who did murder.

He killed his 2 month old son in the middle of a meth bender. The kid wouldn't  stop crying so he stabbed him to death.

10 days ago
1/1/01

9 I was friends with. Few more I could say I knew really well, went to school with or lived in the neighborhood and hung occasionally. 

First one when I was 15. 

10 days ago
6/22/12

Lots of people i went to high school with have been overdosing, not really murder in the traditional sense. But about 25 kids i went to school with have died from heroin, one of them was my best friend for a long long time and he passed last may

10 days ago
12/17/06

To clarify, it wasn't the new laws that let him out. He got a ridiculously short sentence... because NYC sucks.

10 days ago
12/22/10

Yes. My next door neighbor when I was a kid was shot and killed over a girl. It didn't happen next door to my house. 

When I was 16 a friend of my was shot and killed during a robbery in a gas station parking lot. He had $1 in his wallet. 

When I was 17 a friend of mine shot and killed another friend of mine after getting into an argurment in a parking lot. They didn't know each other, but I knew them both. 

When I was 19, a friend of mine was shot and killed over a pound of weed. 

A couple years ago a friend of mine was stabbed to death during a road rage incident, and about a year prior to that his ex-wife was stabbed to death/semi-decapitated by one of her co-workers. 

There have been more, but those are the ones I can think of right off the top of my head. 

10 days ago
1/1/01

Several. Most recent was 2018. Joseph Taeotui. We miss you Jungle. 

10 days ago
12/27/12
PatK -

Yes.

Friend's brother murdered him and his parents.

Since he was a minor, he got released when he was like 20 I think.

Changed his identity, then went on to stalk some chick.

The story was on 20/20 back in 2010. He's had more run-ins with the law since

Link to story on 20/20

https://abcnews.go.com/2020/TheLaw/teen-killers-secret-25-years-ago-murdered-family/story?id=12123695

That is a crazy story. Wow.

10 days ago
8/1/07

A buddy of mine was shot in the mouth in a double murder. He was into some heavy shit and we weren't close at the time of his death.

10 days ago
12/27/12

A friend was asleep, woken by a knock on his door. A friend of his had gotten into it at a bar and got his ass kicked, wanted to go back and find the dude. My friend gave him a ride back. Dude was an off duty cop, drove up alongside their car and blasted the guy he had beat up. My friend went running, shot him in the back. It was dumb to go back there but he would do anything for a friend.