OtherGround Forums Ever friends with someone who was murdered?

10 days ago
4/5/07

Not friends, but a lady who worked at a local store we'd go to was murdered by her 15 year old step son.  The kid beat her and slit her throat, so it was extra shocking and sad. This is a small city that gets maybe 1 murder a year. 

10 days ago
1/1/01
benwah -

A friend was asleep, woken by a knock on his door. A friend of his had gotten into it at a bar and got his ass kicked, wanted to go back and find the dude. My friend gave him a ride back. Dude was an off duty cop, drove up alongside their car and blasted the guy he had beat up. My friend went running, shot him in the back. It was dumb to go back there but he would do anything for a friend. 

I can't tell what happened. 

10 days ago
3/19/04
Samoa - 
benwah -

A friend was asleep, woken by a knock on his door. A friend of his had gotten into it at a bar and got his ass kicked, wanted to go back and find the dude. My friend gave him a ride back. Dude was an off duty cop, drove up alongside their car and blasted the guy he had beat up. My friend went running, shot him in the back. It was dumb to go back there but he would do anything for a friend. 

benwah's friend was awoken at night because benwah's friend's friend had lost a fight at the bar earlier that night (we'll call benwah's friend "Chris", and Chris' friend that got beaten up "Max"). Chris went with Max back to the area of the bar to get some revenge. Chris and Max were in a car. The guy who had beaten up Max at the bar was an off duty cop. The off duty cop saw Max and Chris and pulled up alongside them and shot Max. Chris got out of the car and attempted to run away but the off duty cop shot him in the back, presumably killing him. Chris should not have gone to the bar since trouble was a somewhat predictable outcome, but Chris was the kind of guy that would do anything for a friend.

10 days ago
11/19/05

Not really. Friend from high school killed himself and his two babies in a custody dispute turned murder-suicide. Nicest guy in the world too. 

Had three friends OD.

10 days ago
5/14/10

Two friends from High School. One was an Irish gangster wannabe who ended up homeless as am adult and was shot and killed by someone who just apparently decided to shoot and kill homeless people. No suspects.

The other grew up in the ghetto and was in a bad gang when we were in school. He got his life straightened out and ended up being a bigwig for Pep Boys as an adult. A few years ago he he took his family back to Georgia on vacation and got hit in the head by a stray bullet. Not exactly murder but close.

10 days ago
1/1/01
Canooke -
Samoa - 
benwah -

benwah's friend was awoken at night because benwah's friend's friend had lost a fight at the bar earlier that night (we'll call benwah's friend "Chris", and Chris' friend that got beaten up "Max"). Chris went with Max back to the area of the bar to get some revenge. Chris and Max were in a car. The guy who had beaten up Max at the bar was an off duty cop. The off duty cop saw Max and Chris and pulled up alongside them and shot Max. Chris got out of the car and attempted to run away but the off duty cop shot him in the back, presumably killing him. Chris should not have gone to the bar since trouble was a somewhat predictable outcome, but Chris was the kind of guy that would do anything for a friend.

My coconut is happy. Faafetai lava Canooke!!

10 days ago
3/19/04
Samoa - 
Canooke -
Samoa - 
benwah -

That's what I'm here for.

Edited: 10 days ago
8/26/18

I've had a lot of friends murdered over the years, mostly gang related, both law enforcement and members. Had a few friends pass growing up from various street altercations. As I'm friends with a plethora of working girls, I've also known a few of them that have been killed while working. 

In highschool I had a very good friend of the brothers cross over from tagging crew member to more serious endeavors. We were all friendly but didn't run business through any one outside of our circle. He was always a tough dude but lacked awareness and an ability to read the room. Even in Hollywood you have a toll to pay for doing business and this isn't negotiable in the long run.

After evading any tax for almost a year his luck quickly ran out. Not being smart enough to see the gravity of the situation he didn't reach out on time. When he finally came back around he was a ghost. I never got all the details of his finals days but I met with him hours before he was murdered. By then everyone in the neighborhood had known he was in trouble. He found us around midnight off Melrose, it's one of those moments my mind has stored like the night it happened. 

He was distraught like I'd never seen anyone of his caliber behave. It's the general consensus amongst the brothers that he must have known how close the end was. He insisted on leaving to try and meet with some people in an effort to resolve the issue. He wouldn't let anyone accompany him and he drove off in a stolen car he told us belonged to a family friend. He was shot several times and died at the meeting he'd hoped would spare his life. There is a bunch of other details but I tried to keep it light. I'll try and type out another in a bit.

10 days ago
9/28/19

My pops.

An old DIA colleague. 

1/1/01
Canooke -
Samoa - 
Canooke -
Samoa - 
benwah -

Pour me one more 

Thats what I'm here for

Im built for havin a ball 

I love the nightlife 
I love my Bud Light 
I like 'em cold and tall

3/19/04
Samoa - 
Canooke -
Samoa - 
Canooke -
Samoa - 
benwah -

Pour me one more 

Thats what I'm here for

Im built for havin a ball 

I love the nightlife 
I love my Bud Light 
I like 'em cold and tall

lol Thanks for showing me a fun song. New to me.

3/19/04

Nevermind. I got the video working above.

10 days ago
1/1/01
Canooke -

Damn, I thought the embed issue was fixed?

I see the BC video. 

10 days ago
8/4/10

Yes, a few...most recently my best childhood friend was shot down in the line of duty..the shooter then killed himself. 

10 days ago
1/1/01

I wasn't friends with her but a friend of my sister's was beat to death by her baby daddy a few years after they all got out of high school. 

10 days ago
2/14/11
bullybull -

I've had a lot of friends murdered over the years, mostly gang related, both law enforcement and members. Had a few friends pass growing up from various street altercations. As I'm friends with a plethora of working girls, I've also known a few of them that have been killed while working. 

In highschool I had a very good friend of the brothers cross over from tagging crew member to more serious endeavors. We were all friendly but didn't run business through any one outside of our circle. He was always a tough dude but lacked awareness and an ability to read the room. Even in Hollywood you have a toll to pay for doing business and this isn't negotiable in the long run.

After evading any tax for almost a year his luck quickly ran out. Not being smart enough to see the gravity of the situation he didn't reach out on time. When he finally came back around he was a ghost. I never got all the details of his finals days but I met with him hours before he was murdered. By then everyone in the neighborhood had known he was in trouble. He found us around midnight off Melrose, it's one of those moments my mind has stored like the night it happened. 

He was distraught like I'd never seen anyone of his caliber behave. It's the general consensus amongst the brothers that he must have known how close the end was. He insisted on leaving to try and meet with some people in an effort to resolve the issue. He wouldn't let anyone accompany him and he drove off in a stolen car he told us belonged to a family friend. He was shot several times and died at the meeting he'd hoped would spare his life. There is a bunch of other details but I tried to keep it light. I'll try and type out another in a bit.

What is the tax for? 

10 days ago
3/12/07

Yes, a bunch.

10 days ago
12/24/18

Yes ,he was shot 4 years ago by another friend on mine ,terrible story ,I was more friend with the shooter .he shot our friend then followed him 200 meters to finish him off,it has yet to be judged.

10 days ago
12/15/02

formwr coworker of mine was killed by some kids playing the knockout game.

he was disabled. motor and cognitive issues from getting jumped years earlier.

he was walking past a church when he was attacked. kids camwe from behind amd punched him in the head. he fell on a low wrought iron fence and his head caught between two of the bars as he was falling. his body was limp so as it dropped, his neck broke. 

10 days ago
7/10/09

My nephew was just murdered October 26th, he was 19. He was at a Halloween party and some guy bumped into him and started swinging, the dude pulls out a gun and shoots him 3 times in the chest.

10 days ago
1/1/01

Yes. Aaron Feis.

10 days ago
2/25/14

Yup. Friend in high school was murdered at the bus stop for his shoes.

10 days ago
9/23/07

I knew a kid from high school who got blown up in a chopper the first week of war in afghanistan.

Not sure that counts or no

10 days ago
8/26/18
TerrySilver -
bullybull -

What is the tax for? 

The case remains unsolved and I am not privy to such details in his case. Speaking broadly and not in any way referencing my friends case or any one person or group, generally with what he was involved in he would be required to pay a tax to the hood he was operating in. The tax is enforced by a certain sect of Hispanic organized crime which again, I'm not privy to the specifics of. 

10 days ago
11/28/03

not that i know of

but ive known many assholes who should have been murdered