OtherGround Forums Ever friends with someone who was murdered?

10 days ago
1/12/06

Kid I knew in HS was murdered by his younger brother a year or so after HS. Really awful story... The younger brother had murdered a 14 year old girl & was somehow out awaiting trial, living in his parents' house. He beat his brother with a baseball bat while he was asleep in bed, then cut his throat. Then sexually assaulted their younger sister before fleeing.

The piece of shit is still alive in prison, hope he's been getting assraped in there all these years.

Parents had to move out of state to avoid backlash.

10 days ago
8/22/12
Rakoshi -

Yes, a young sister of one of my friends. She was working at a local Wendy's and a guy out on  work release kidnapped her and killed her. Also, one of my former wrestlers was murdered when he was in the wrong place and got between two people in a domestic dispute. 

Dunmore, Pa?

10 days ago
1/7/04

Girl, I went to prom with in high school. Was murdered. She was 9 months pregnant. And staying with her Fiance/boyfriend or whatever the hell he was. He was a coke dealer. The speculation is he owes money to somebody in Chicago And didn't pay them. One of my other Buddies Dad's friend with a cop on the scene and said that it appeared that they had tied her up and raped her with a broomstick Before killing her, Assumedly in front of him before they offed him.

10 days ago
1/7/04

https://iowacoldcases.org/case-summaries/alonzo-quinn-and-rhiannon-olsen/   Whoever did this is a f****** monster and deserves. Eternity in burning hell.

Edited: 10 days ago
1/24/20

An ex boss of mine's daughter was murdered when we were in our 20's. She was a year younger than me and a really great girl. Stopped to get gas in the wrong part of town one night and got murdered by two scumbags trying to rob her. She was getting ready to attend medical school that fall. Those pieces of shit are still living while she's gone and her family has had to live with that tragedy all these years. Life really isn't fair.

10 days ago
3/8/04

Friend and his fiancee were killed by her brother.  Shot them with a shotgun while they were sitting on his couch.  Then he took their couch from their apartment and put it in his house.  Guy is on death row now.

Friend from HS was raped and murdered by her neighbor.  We weren't super close but it kind of stuck with me since we did a report together about sexual assault.

10 days ago
12/1/03
SuperKamiGuru - 

Lots of people i went to high school with have been overdosing, not really murder in the traditional sense. But about 25 kids i went to school with have died from heroin, one of them was my best friend for a long long time and he passed last may

25 people? Jesus. So sorry. May I ask where you're from?
10 days ago
9/13/06

Girl I grew up with was raped, murdered, and her body was burned in her rental car while she was in Costa Rica.  

I wasn't friends with him, but I was acquaintances with another guy that was gut shot and died because he wouldn't bum another guy a cigarette.  He decided to hang with the wrong people and in the wrong neighborhoods because he thought it was cool.  

10 days ago
12/19/10

I wasn't really friends with him, I only met him a few times, but he was good friends with my wife and brother in law.  The night he was killed we were all at a cook out together.  If I remember correctly, while he and his wife were sleeping someone broke into their home and shot him.  Turns out, it was his wife's lover who pulled the trigger.  He eventually rolled o Er on her and both are currently in prison.  All of this happened about 10 years ago. 

10 days ago
10/31/19

2, both from high school, more like good buddies really. Years later after high school the 1st guy had to keep picking up his gf from a weinerschitzel because some druggie kept seriously bothering her. He and his friend showed up, as did the druggie with a machete. He died and his friend almost did as well, seriously scared.

The other was at my work (Italian pizza place), some wannabe Armenian gangster continued to bother one of the girls, bf came down and ordered food to keep an eye on them and of course a fight broke out. Couple days later while she waited for her bf to pick her up, bf and my buddy got there early and waited outside while they locked up. Armos did a drive by, hit only my buddy. He died there right infront. 

Sucky thing is both were the only 2 guys I knew who were truly good, infact I never heard them swear.

10 days ago
3/16/15
PatK - 

Yes.

Friend's brother murdered him and his parents.

Since he was a minor, he got released when he was like 20 I think.

Changed his identity, then went on to stalk some chick.

The story was on 20/20 back in 2010. He's had more run-ins with the law since

Link to story on 20/20

https://abcnews.go.com/2020/TheLaw/teen-killers-secret-25-years-ago-murdered-family/story?id=12123695

That is fucked up in so many ways.
10 days ago
4/13/12

Yes.  Close friend in HS.  Really bizarre story.  Sex, drugs, and Native American revenge.

Case was never solved.

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/clueless-6405079

10 days ago
5/30/09

A friend of mine went down to Baja and got into a fight. This guy was tough and boxed all his life but he got into it with a group of guys who were from there. They stomped him to death. 

10 days ago
1/1/01

A girl I knew from college was the murder victim in a murderer-suicide incident in Roanoke in November 1999. She had split from her husband and he showed up at her parents where she was staying, he held her hostage and eventually killed her, then himself.

10 days ago
1/3/18

The girl I lost my virginity to got murdered a few years later. She'd moved to another state with her family. Briefly dated a guy who became obsessed. She broke it off and even got a restraining order. He came to her house and tried to make her leave with him. When she turned around to run, he shot her.

Her daughter was also home. 

10 days ago
6/22/12
ThePigpen -
SuperKamiGuru - 

Lots of people i went to high school with have been overdosing, not really murder in the traditional sense. But about 25 kids i went to school with have died from heroin, one of them was my best friend for a long long time and he passed last may

25 people? Jesus. So sorry. May I ask where you're from?

Small suburb just outside of Chicago, big heroin epidemic, a girl i used to hang out with everyday died about a week ago, 2 years after her cousin died the same way, both left children behind and now im scared for the girls sister cus she used to be an addict and got clean but in the last 5 years she lost her cousin her sister her brother and her sister in law to the same fucking thing

10 days ago
1/1/01

An ex girlfriend was shot in a parking lot. She had just had dinner with friends.

Turns out there was something common with her murder & a bunch of homeless people that had recently been murdered. They had all been shot with a very rare, calibre bullet? (not sure on the specifics of that detail) These homeless people were found laying in their sleeping bags, shot dead while they slept.

Some weeks later a man was apprehended jumping a turnstile, he was arrested & in his back pack was the gun.

Karen, she was a beautiful girl.

10 days ago
10/31/11

Was acquainted with a guy who disappeared about two years ago. He was a coke dealer, would come into the bar I worked at to have a drink every now and then. They found his car in a cornfield with the tires slashed, his phone in his front yard, and no one has seen him since. Word is the cartel snatched him up. Was a nice dude too.

10 days ago
1/24/17

Uncle. Stalked for 2 weeks by Michael Stone who was a member of the paramilitary group UDA in Belfast Northern Ireland. My Mom told me to never read his book "Stone Cold", I didn't listen and read the book. He dedicates a large portion of the book describing how he tracked my uncle, what car he was in, time of day, and even my uncle's last words after he shot him in the chest with a shotgun at point blank. This is the same guy that ran into a Catholic funeral procession and started tossing grenades and fire off rounds from a hand gun. 

There is now a mural in memory of my Uncle in Belfast. 

10 days ago
1/24/17
NorthSouthDinner4Two -

Uncle. Stalked for 2 weeks by Michael Stone who was a member of the paramilitary group UDA in Belfast Northern Ireland. My Mom told me to never read his book "Stone Cold", I didn't listen and read the book. He dedicates a large portion of the book describing how he tracked my uncle, what car he was in, time of day, and even my uncle's last words after he shot him in the chest with a shotgun at point blank. This is the same guy that ran into a Catholic funeral procession and started tossing grenades and fire off rounds from a hand gun. 

Patsy Brady was my Uncle. Murdered for being Catholic and being a major public figure in fundraising and building community centers.

Slan Go Foil

12/18/08

My Brother in law shot a priest, then shot 3 RCMP officers and then shot himself. 

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5340042

11/28/09

Relative was out of town.  That night a guy broke into their farm house,  then placed the grand baby outside,  then killed everyone with a hammer in their sleep then set the house on fire.

tragic and haunting.

10 days ago
2/2/15
NorthSouthDinner4Two -
NorthSouthDinner4Two -

Patsy Brady was my Uncle. Murdered for being Catholic and being a major public figure in fundraising and building community centers.

Slan Go Foil

Can't believe they let that animal out of prison.

10 days ago
4/17/06

The son of a close friend of 20 years. I got a phone call at 7 a.m. on a Saturday morning and my friend was losing his mind. His son had been stabbed multiple times, in the face and the back, while leaving a strip club at 3 a.m. He had a friend with him who bolted while he was being stabbed by a gang-banging piece of shit. The murderer asked him for a cigarette and he said he didn't have one so the fucker started talking shit so my buddy's son was willing to fight with him. But he pulled a knife. This guy had priors and had already been to prison for beating his baby momma, who happened to be in the car the night this incident happened. Anyway, the boy died at the site and the murderer got off with manslaughter and 7 years time. He was out in 2 on good behavior.

10 days ago
6/22/12
Fighting Fish - The son of a close friend of 20 years. I got a phone call at 7 a.m. on a Saturday morning and my friend was losing his mind. His son had been stabbed multiple times, in the face and the back, while leaving a strip club at 3 a.m. He had a friend with him who bolted while he was being stabbed by a gang-banging piece of shit. The murderer asked him for a cigarette and he said he didn't have one so the fucker started talking shit so my buddy's son was willing to fight with him. But he pulled a knife. This guy had priors and had already been to prison for beating his baby momma, who happened to be in the car the night this incident happened. Anyway, the boy died at the site and the murderer got off with manslaughter and 7 years time. He was out in 2 on good behavior.

What an awful friend