OtherGround Forums Ever friends with someone who was murdered?

5 days ago
1/1/01
Ze Dano -
GuttyProfessor - 

Yes. Aaron Feis.

Fuck..your friend is a hero.

Thank you. People only know him for the last 1-2 minutes of his life. We were super tight from about 2002-2014. Believe me when I say he was a hero long before 2/14/18. He changed kids lives. I miss him a lot.

5 days ago
1/1/01

No... he didn't owe me money... I never seen her in my life... WE WERE BEST FRIENDS WHY WOULD I DO THAT??? 

5 days ago
1/1/01

Classmate of 6 years was murdered selling to a guy from online who was basically in the early stages of being a serial killer as he had killed 2 other people beforehand they learned. Was a major story where I'm from.

I felt bad, one of my most vivid memories of him is was me nailing him with a sandwich I threw at his head in the cafeteria cause I thought he was picking on my friend. But he was a decent man, shame what happened to him.

5 days ago
11/21/15

College roommate was beat to death in a parking lot.  Apparently a jealous boyfriend got pissed at him for flirting with his girlfriend.

5 days ago
6/28/10
Heystro -
BrckNoHitBk -
Heystro -

A couple friends of mine that were brothers got murdered. The sold coke and some dudes pulled a kick door on em. Took their blow (6 ounces is what they got)  and killed them. Its a dirty game. If you sell dope everbody that lives with you is at risk.

6 ounces. kinda weird knowing that exact detail as the cops wouldn't report it...

Well I was them when they got the work. I hope im not suspect number 1. Fuck you those were my boys.

riiiiight

4 days ago
10/11/18

Wanna know which ones were cowards?

4 days ago
7/17/11

Got a knock on my door one day when I was working from home.   My next door neighbor killed his wife in their driveway and then hung himself in his garage all while I was sitting 100ft away.  I had no idea it happened and when I went outside to talk to the cop that knocked on my door there was crime scene tape and dogs and detectives everywhere.  It looked like a war zone. 

4 days ago
9/18/12

In for later 

4 days ago
10/11/18
ABCTT_groinkick -

Got a knock on my door one day when I was working from home.   My next door neighbor killed his wife in their driveway and then hung himself in his garage all while I was sitting 100ft away.  I had no idea it happened and when I went outside to talk to the cop that knocked on my door there was crime scene tape and dogs and detectives everywhere.  It looked like a war zone. 

Dude that's nuts. Please tell me they didn't have kids 

4 days ago
1/1/01

I didn't know the family, we had never met. A few streets over from my old apartment a little boy, Kevin Shifflett, was playing in his front yard with his grandma watching him from the front porch when a crazy guy walked up, grabbed him, and slit his throat. He stabbed the grandma when she came running to help.

The crazy guy then went and caught from a taxi stand that was a few blocks away. It took FOREVER to catch the guy because the cabby was afraid to come forward with information.

Turns out the crazy guy had randomly attacked someone at a gas station with a claw hammer years before, too. During his arraignment in front of the judge he turned and cold-cocked his lawyer in the jaw, KTFO'ing him.

Also, the DC Mansion Murder victims were members of the MMA gym where I coach. I didn't know them personally, but the owner of our gym did.

4 days ago
2/11/03

I had a family member murdered in Tennessee. It was a HUGE story at the turn of the century. Shit was fucked up

Basically Dude kills wife, takes kids moves to mexico, they then get the mex gov't to evict him back to the states for a trial where he was convicted for murder.

Hope that piece of shit is rotting in hell

4 days ago
2/5/06
Canooke - 
CaptainWoody - 
Thrill Hammer - 

Not anyone that was murdered, but know a guy who did murder.

He killed his 2 month old son in the middle of a meth bender. The kid wouldn't  stop crying so he stabbed him to death.

My Nephew spent some time in the slammer for beating his baby.

He got out and had another kid with another girl.....he beat that one to death.

He's serving life now.

Fucking grim.

Jesse D. Hummel, 29, was charged in Hennepin County Tuesday with the first-degree murder of his son,8-month-old Jaden Zander Hummel-Smith according to the Star Tribune. Here are the tragic details from the Strib:

Hummel was left alone with Jaden when his fiancee, Mary Smith, went shopping with another of their young children and Hummel's mother. Smith left at 10 a.m., called to check on the baby at 1:15 p.m. and returned home at 3:15 p.m., according to charges filed in Hennepin County District Court.

When she entered their apartment at 800 W. 106th St. in Bloomington, Hummel was gone, the criminal complaint said. Smith went to the bedroom and found Jaden in his crib, lying on his stomach. She picked him up and found that he was blue and cold to the touch.

"He killed my baby! He killed my baby!" she screamed as she ran to the patio.

In 2003, Hummel was convicted of harming his three-month old son. That baby suffered such severe injuries that he needed surgery to drain his skull of blood that had pooled there, according to the Strib.

4 days ago
11/23/14

I grew up in inner city Chicago hanging out with the wrong crowd. I knew at least 7-8 people who were murdered. 3 of them were very good friends i grew up with.

One shot in the neck and head early morning just before school early 90s.

One shot while sitting in his car right after we graduated HS. Was in the process of getting off the streets and was starting college that fall of 97.

The last was still into the gang stuff and it caught up to him in 04.

Edited: 4 days ago
7/28/17

https://www.thestarnews.com/detective-says-woman-pleaded-for-help/

Not sure how involved my friend was but he got indicted.

Aside from that, I grew up in SoCal with a lot of Asian gangsters (real ones, yes they actually exist), my older sister and her husband were from a very notorious gang. I believe most of the stories I was told by them and other gang members. Willing to share more info if anyone is interested.

4 days ago
11/1/19

We were selling a ton of shit back in the day. Had a lot of haters. A good buddy got shot in the head with a 38 when I was 16. He had 16k in the safe. Drugs out the ears. I went to the hospital til he died. But those fuckers got him man. They killed my boy.

My best friend growing up killed a guy too with a 357. Hell a bunch of dudes got killed around here between 95-2005. My other best friend got shot in the head and had his house burned down with him in it. Both my boys got killed by the same dude. I hated that mfr. but he got shot and killed about 8 years ago so fuck him. That's why I don't fuck around. 

4 days ago
11/1/19

Two of my boys when we were kids killed a guy and stabbed his eyes out. Burnt the truck and dumped his body in our swimming hole. They both for 20 years. Both are out now. Haven't talked to them since. Crazy shit.

4 days ago
11/1/19

I could go on for days lol.

4 days ago
1/25/06
Canooke -
Samoa - 
benwah -

A friend was asleep, woken by a knock on his door. A friend of his had gotten into it at a bar and got his ass kicked, wanted to go back and find the dude. My friend gave him a ride back. Dude was an off duty cop, drove up alongside their car and blasted the guy he had beat up. My friend went running, shot him in the back. It was dumb to go back there but he would do anything for a friend. 

I can't tell what happened. 

benwah's friend was awoken at night because benwah's friend's friend had lost a fight at the bar earlier that night (we'll call benwah's friend "Chris", and Chris' friend that got beaten up "Max"). Chris went with Max back to the area of the bar to get some revenge. Chris and Max were in a car. The guy who had beaten up Max at the bar was an off duty cop. The off duty cop saw Max and Chris and pulled up alongside them and shot Max. Chris got out of the car and attempted to run away but the off duty cop shot him in the back, presumably killing him. Chris should not have gone to the bar since trouble was a somewhat predictable outcome, but Chris was the kind of guy that would do anything for a friend.

Wow can you follow me around and explain things in this manner to me

4/15/14

A kid that was on the wrestling in highcool ended up getting killed by one ofhis best friends/ roommate a couple years ago. He was expecting a daughter and his girlfriend was due three weeks before his murder or something like that. Most fucked up thing was that he was murdered in his sleep. 

3/19/04
YourMomsBox - 
Canooke -
Samoa - 
benwah -

A friend was asleep, woken by a knock on his door. A friend of his had gotten into it at a bar and got his ass kicked, wanted to go back and find the dude. My friend gave him a ride back. Dude was an off duty cop, drove up alongside their car and blasted the guy he had beat up. My friend went running, shot him in the back. It was dumb to go back there but he would do anything for a friend. 

I can't tell what happened. 

benwah's friend was awoken at night because benwah's friend's friend had lost a fight at the bar earlier that night (we'll call benwah's friend "Chris", and Chris' friend that got beaten up "Max"). Chris went with Max back to the area of the bar to get some revenge. Chris and Max were in a car. The guy who had beaten up Max at the bar was an off duty cop. The off duty cop saw Max and Chris and pulled up alongside them and shot Max. Chris got out of the car and attempted to run away but the off duty cop shot him in the back, presumably killing him. Chris should not have gone to the bar since trouble was a somewhat predictable outcome, but Chris was the kind of guy that would do anything for a friend.

Wow can you follow me around and explain things in this manner to me

lol

4 days ago
9/5/04

One was stabbed and killed by another friend during a fight at a party. One was believed to be a snitch (about the aforementioned incident) and was shot in the back of the head by another friend. it's a fucked up world. 

Edited: 3 days ago
11/28/03
FBRips - 

My buddy's older brother got beat to death by a group of rich white kids in La Jolla. It was all over the news as the Bedrock Bandits. The looks on their faces as they were sentenced was one of the most satisfying things I've ever see 

i knew emery. forgot about ithat one. i guess i do have a friend who got murdered

https://www.bing.com/search?q=+death+of+Kauanui.+wiki&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=death+of+kauanui.+wiki&sc=2-22&sk=&cvid=3C3F4E48BECA48D98ADFA47744FBBC3F

4 days ago
1/20/08

Yep

3 days ago
8/19/06

I knew the principal from Sandy Hook.

She was my neigbor briefly growing up and I hooked

up with one of her daughters.

3 days ago
1/1/01
Whambo -

Classmate of 6 years was murdered selling to a guy from online who was basically in the early stages of being a serial killer as he had killed 2 other people beforehand they learned. Was a major story where I'm from.

I felt bad, one of my most vivid memories of him is was me nailing him with a sandwich I threw at his head in the cafeteria cause I thought he was picking on my friend. But he was a decent man, shame what happened to him.

Friend was ambushed late one night in his home, guy had broken in and waited for him to get then shot him dead. 

The killer had shot a taxi driver with the same gun a few weeks before. Didn't even Rob him, just shot him from the back seat.

Another budding serial killer, but too dumb to get away with it.