OtherGround Forums FBI data shows sharp rise in US hate crimes

6 days ago
3/13/17

Report shows nearly 23% increase in religion-based hate crimes last year and 37% spike in anti-Jewish hate crimes

The FBI says hate crimes reports were up about 17% in 2017, marking a rise for the third year in a row, even though violent crime in America fell slightly overall. Crimes of antisemitism led the spike.

An annual report from the US federal government released on Tuesday shows there were more than 7,100 reported hate crimes last year. There were increases in attacks motivated by racial bias, religious bias and because of a victim’s sexual orientation.

The report shows there was a nearly 23% increase in religion-based hate crimes. There was a 37% spike in anti-Jewish hate crimes.

The acting attorney general, Matthew Whitaker, said the report is a “call to action”. He said the offenses were “despicable violations of our core values as Americans”.

The FBI said although the number of attacks has increased, so has the number of law enforcement agencies reporting hate crime data.

“The Department of Justice’s top priority is to reduce violent crime in America, and hate crimes are violent crimes. They are also despicable violations of our core values as Americans,” Whitaker said in a statement.

He continued: “I am particularly troubled by the increase in antisemitic hate crimes – which were already the most common religious hate crimes in the United States – that is well documented in this report.”

The FBI released the latest data compiled via its uniform crime reporting (UCR) program about bias-motivated incidents throughout the nation. The 2017 data, submitted by 16,149 law enforcement agencies (up from 15,254 agencies in 2016), provide information about the offenses, victims, offenders and locations of hate crimes, the FBI said.

There were 7,106 single-bias incidents involving 8,493 victims, the FBI reported on Tuesday.

Almost 60% of victims were targeted because of bias against race, ethnicity or ancestry bias. A fifth were targeted because of the offenders’ religious bias and 15.8% were victimized because of the offenders’ sexual-orientation bias. Just under 2% of victims documented in the report were targeted because of a disability or a bias against gender identity.

The hate crimes ranged from murder to vandalism and also included rape, robbery and assault.

Its on an increase. Thanks Trump!

According to the FBI there were 7,106 single-bias incidents involving 8,493 victims in 2017. How many does the OG think are fake? Since there seems to be an incredible amount of hoax hate crimes posted (almost THREE!!!).

Of course the FBI is also a deep-state  and controlled by Clinton/Soros. Probably cant trust them. 

6 days ago
12/10/10

How many of those stats are corrected when they conduct an investigation and learn that most are staged.

6 days ago
5/10/08
Thanks Obama!
6 days ago
1/9/02

lots of angry brown ppl lashing out at random white ppl because of Trump's presidency

this is what happens when you teach identity politics in schools

6 days ago
6/3/03
Meastt -

How many of those stats are corrected when they conduct an investigation and learn that most are staged.

This. 

Edited: 6 days ago
6/13/09

The internet is helping hate groups find each other, get organized, and cooperate.

I believe this is one factor.

I check out their sites once in a while. I have seen them talking about what an amazing gift the internet has been for their causes.

6 days ago
12/16/11

7,100 hate crimes in a nation of 330,000,000 people. 

Seems like most Americans aren't committing hate crimes in spite of gotcha quotes like "spiked 17%".

6 days ago
9/26/10

i would guess there has also been a change in the way people are reporting crimes. 

6 days ago
3/13/17
trobinson21 -

Seems like most Americans aren't committing hate crimes in spite of gotcha quotes like "spiked 17%".

Yes. Top notch analysis champ. 7100 is a much smaller number than 330million.

who the hell thinks MOST Americans are committing hate crimes ?

6 days ago
3/13/17

There was also an increase in Canada.

Hate crimes in Canada surge 47%, fueled by attacks on Jewish, Muslim and black populations

1/1/01
Yo, Petrol!
6 days ago
3/13/17
blood fist -

The internet is helping hate groups find each other, get organized, and cooperate.

I check out their sites once in a while. I have seen them talking about what an amazing gift the internet has been for their causes.

This is true. Throw in the fact the president openly supports white supremacists/nationalists. It’s a recipe for disaster.

echo chambers on the internet give weak people a place to affirm their bigotry.

1/1/01
Sad to see this stuff treated politically. I understand people being bothered by illegitimate instances and reports. But ignoring an actual observable trend is hard to see as anything other than an endorsement or maybe willful ignorance.
6 days ago
3/23/07
DemsNukedTheHouse - 
Meastt -

This. 

Are you serious?  Because some are staged, you think most are staged? Based on what?

6 days ago
9/26/10
Pedro Navaja -
blood fist -

This is true. Throw in the fact the president openly supports white supremacists/nationalists. It’s a recipe for disaster.

too far

6 days ago
8/6/08

6 days ago
11/20/13
sagiv -
DemsNukedTheHouse - 
Meastt -

This. 

Are you serious?  Because some are staged, you think most are staged? Based on what?

Based on getting all his news from the OG.

6 days ago
2/11/03
sagiv - 
DemsNukedTheHouse - 
Meastt -

This. 

Based on identity politics. Dont you know how to OG?
6 days ago
3/23/07
Isaac298 - 
sagiv - 
DemsNukedTheHouse - 
Meastt -

This. 

Based on identity politics. Dont you know how to OG?

Fucking idiotic is what it is.

6 days ago
12/16/11
Pedro Navaja -
trobinson21 -

Yes. Top notch analysis champ. 7100 is a much smaller number than 330million.

who the hell thinks MOST Americans are committing hate crimes ?

Lol sorry to burst your bubble refugee, but there is no hair raising hate crime problem in America.

I posted the number because you haven't once started a thread on inner city violence which takes 8,500 black lives per year.

You are a jealous, hateful person towards white people specifically and it has consumed you because you follow all the wrong people on Twitter who make you come here and embarrass yourself every other day.

You are a 30+ year old basketball player in Guatemala, you gain nothing at all by wasting your time doing this, go to community college. 

6 days ago
10/28/18

More things to support my narrative. 

6/13/03

Hate crimes are super popular charges now. Everything you do and say is put under a PC microscope.

6 days ago
4/6/12
Pedro Navaja -
blood fist -

come on dude. you ruin your point whe. you say shit like"the president openly supports white supremacists/nationalists". noones going to take you seriously with "facts" like that

6 days ago
7/15/15
Pedro Navaja -
blood fist -

and which white supremacist has Trump supported?  I won't hold my breath.  It's ridiculous claims like this that are fueling an increase in hate crimes

6 days ago
2/4/07
TheDorkKnight - 
Pedro Navaja -
blood fist -

come on dude. you ruin your point whe. you say shit like"the president openly supports white supremacists/nationalists". noones going to take you seriously with "facts" like that

I think it's far too late for anyone to take him seriously